Strawhat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Canon One Piece RolePlay

NEWS
Hello and welcome to Strawhats! We hope you have fun and enjoy the site.
If you have any questions jump in our chatbox and ask away.
You can also join our site Discord chat here! *https://discord.gg/wPDvuRc*
Our current ongoing events is: N/A
* = links
STAFF LIST
OWNER
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/admin_13.png
ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/kaito_11.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/devrou10.png https://i.imgur.com/1vaJQJc.png https://i.imgur.com/HBb1nBA.png
MODERATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/noctis10.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/18/53/44/60/sofiai10.png https://i.imgur.com/x2u1mnO.png
Latest topics
» Is this site back?
The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:22 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald UnderWorld
The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 am by Poopy Face

» Kill Fidel D Marx
The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 8:06 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald Chains
The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 10:25 am by Poopy Face

» Gladius Naruto RP
The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 8:48 am by Guest

» Stamina System
The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 1:24 pm by Admin

» Attributes System
The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 pm by Admin

» Makyu von Hellman
The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2021 7:08 pm by Makyu

» Grains of Sand
The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 pm by Deep Bloo

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Statistics
We have 430 registered users
The newest registered user is Mercedes70

Our users have posted a total of 25717 messages in 3809 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:07 pm

Batman4560

Batman4560
The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! - Page 2 30Jm0lM

Mashyuu rounded the corner of a small building and his blue eyes lit up with delight when he saw a local blacksmith's shop. A sign that looked like a large anvil with a black hammer over the door. There was no name on the building but it looked like it was the only shop in town that sold weapons or armor. Mashyuu glanced at the backpack he had been carrying on his shoulder the past few days and figured it couldn't hurt to see if he could learn from the man and ask some questions. Hell maybe the Smith would pay him for his services. Mashyuu forced the friendliest smile he could on his face without looking like he was going to die from faking the smile and strolled up to the front door of the small stone shop and pushed it open...

The door clipped a bell that hung in the corner of the frame and caused the bell to ring, alerting the man in the back of the building that someone had come inside. "Yeah! Yeah! One Minute!" The owner of the building shouted from behind a barely open wooden door. Mashyuu looked around the shop and smiled wide at the wares he saw. Armors of all makes and models, a set of nice looking spears that had some sort of Ivory shaft with carved runes and a myriad of swords that were made of some sort of pure white steel. The man from behind the door stepped out and to Mashyuu's surprise he was a half giant half Skypiean, too short to be a full giant and his wings were clearly too small to carry him in flight. "Yeah, what can I do for ye?" The massive half breed rested his forearm on a counter and black soot from the forge shot up in the wake of the impact, causing a cloud of dirt to rise into the air.

Mashyuu chuckled under his breath and nodded his head up and down as if he were telling someone "yes". "Actually I was wondering if I could help you. I'm a blacksmith from Jaya... the island below Skypiea and was looking to practice. I brought my own materials, if you have a second anvil." Mashyuu slung his backpack off his shoulders and opened it to show the man a few ingots of Skypiean steel. The half giant glanced down with raised eyebrows at the bag and its contents. A low, but long and loud whistle slipped past the giant's lips and he nodded for Mashyuu to come closer. "You know what that is boy? It's dangerous to be carrying those ingots around. The ore comes from that jungle that has the cannibals in it... Adam woke up from there." Mashyuu nodded his head and smiled. "I know, It's why I don't have two sacks of these things. I only take a few at a time. but I'm trying to make some stuff to help my friends. One of them thinks blocking sword strikes with his forearms is a good idea so I want to make some sturdy arm bracers for him. You let me use your forge and you can have the rest of the ingots that I don't use." Mashyuu offered to try and sway the half giant. The giant thought for a moment and pointed a large, stubby thumb at one of the swords locked in a glass case on the wall. "Those white bladed swords there, those are pure Skypiean steel. When smelted the correct way, the ingots will be pure white. Yours is a pearl color, its not pure but its very close. You keep those as a symbol of how close you are. But I respect what you're trying to do. Come on back and work with me for a bit." Mashyuu slung his bag back over his shoulder and pulled his den den out to report to the others. "Make the meet up in two hours guys I have something I need to take care of in town. If you need supplies it might be a good idea to get em." Mashyuu commanded.

Quickly he made his way to the back of the building and looked at the giants set up. It was nice, tools lined one wall, three anvils rested in three different corners with the smelter in the center of the room. One wall was lined with rows of different ores to make all sorts of metals and had wooden poles on a different shelf for different sized spears. (The most common weapon on Skypiea) Mashyuu entered the room and pulled out two ingots and used his devil fruit power to float them into the forge. With a twist of his right hand he pulled a hammer from the wall and floated it over to the smallest anvil. Lazily it rolled around until the ingots were glowing red. Quickly Mashyuu pulled the ingots while the giant watched Mashyuu work without using his hands. He rested one ingot at the end of the anvil and the other closer to him on the anvil as he stepped closer and grabbed the hammer. With his mind he held the red hot ingot in place and his arm raised, smashing down on the ingot hard. With one blow a half of the ingot became mostly flat, a second blow caused the half that held its normal shape flattened as well. Again he struck, flattening the metal on both sides with each strike of the hammer until he had a five foot long, two inch thick, four foot wide piece of Skypiean steel. He tempered the steel by floating it into a pale of cold water and listened is it popped and hissed. Once it was cool he placed it back into the forge and went to work on the second piece of steel. He repeated the process and pulled the first piece of steel out and put the steel on the rounded piece of the anvil, holding it in place with his devil fruit powers and started to hammer it into place until he had a bracer with a split down the middle to allow the user to flex without breaking the steel. He once again tempered the steel and pulled the second piece of four foot long steel from the forge, repeating the process until he had two bracers.

The giant stood by and watched silently for a bit. Once Mashyuu had finished the basic design he leaned his head down next to the Skypiean pirates and spoke softly. "Your form is not bad, but your hammer strikes are too hard. Take your time and watch when you hit, the impurities will get knocked out and look better. Right now you're rushing things. But those will be serviceable bracers for a long arm." The giant stood up straight and leaned against a bare wall. "So, why are you in Skypiea if you're from the blue world. Obviously you were born here though..." Mashyuu picked up a cool bracer and used a small hammer and chisel to put a pair of angel wings on the outside of the bracers, running down each half of the bracer, a two foot wing on each half, what he decided would be his blacksmithing symbol. "Ya know... you've been really nice to me so I'm gonna be honest with you. I'm actually on Skypiea to try and take down Quinn. But I'm not strong enough. So I figured I'd try to stop Marines that are here from the blue world and then go back till I was read for-" Mashyuu stopped talking when the bell to the shop rang.

Together the giant and Mashyuu stepped out of the back room, Mashyuu placing his bracers back in his bag and slinging it over his shoulder. A young man sat on the ground, back pressed to the door. His shock white hair hung over his face, almost hiding the fearful expression on his face. His cloths were dingy and common garb robes in Skypiea. One wing on his back was missing and looked like it was bandaged up. He looked like he wouldn't be able to walk much longer, or had just escaped some terrible beating. The Giant picked up a large warhammer from behind his counter and Mashyuu took a step to the left and jumped over the counter. "You okay man?" Mashyuu asked and the man looked up with fear on his pale skinned face. "You're.... You're him!" He shouted and jumped up at Mashyuu. His old and tiny hands gripped Mashyuu with a force he didn't know an old man could have and pulled the Pirate closer. "The Marines are after you! You can stop them right?"

Harley walked with Gideon, a light sway in her step like a branch being blown in the wind. "I wasn't saying we should get you something to shrink you down because you should be ashamed of your height. I was saying it so you could walk around without scaring the idiots out there who don't know how to treat people that are different with respect. But I'm glad you're not ashamed." Her hands folded behind her back while the two came up to a food market area. "I'm not all that excited about fighting so I'll just stick with you. We can pretend that we are looking for marines." Harley smirked up at Gideon and let him shop.

Soon enough though a denden rang in Harley's pocket and she picked it up. She saw the wings of Mashyuu on the den den's back and rolled her eyes. "Yeah we know, take some extra time to-" "Meet back at the meeting spot now. I found someone who knows where they are hiding." Mashyuu ordered the crew, cutting off Harley. She sighed and tapped Gideon on the leg. "Well that didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would. Come on." Harley complained, really just wanting to get off Skypiea at this point and headed back to meet up with Mashyuu.

OOC:

17The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:46 pm

Yuurei

Marine
Marine

Yuurei
While he waited for the right time, Yuurei heard Mashyuu speaking through the mushi. They were separated, but they were going to stay like this for about two hours. The thief figured that was going to happen, so he wasn’t surprised. Instead, he kept quiet, and took his beer mug and got up from his seat. Koneko on the other hand, continued to sit down on her chair. She watched Yuurei from here as she wasn’t drinking or anything. The young lad would walk over to the group that he had pointed to in the beginning. They were laughing, and having a good time. There were three of them, and they all looked like they were in their mid-forties. It wasn’t just that, but they all looked like they were full of themselves on a regular day. They were the best targets for information gathering, especially when they were intoxicated.

These men opened their mouth about anything, and everything after having a few drinks, and being asked the right questions. Yuurei had a whole two hours to kill, so he would first gather information. ”Hey you guys. I see you are having a blast, and I truly don’t mean to intrude.” Yuurei said as he took more alcohol into his system. He gulped a large amount this time as he sighed with a relief of satisfaction. The three men stopped laughing as they all looked at Yuurei. They didn’t know who he was at first, but then they continued to examine him. He had a white robe on, and they remembered a man who had saved one of waitress that resembled this man’s description. ”Are ya the man who save the waitress from evil people?” He asked. Yuurei looked around to see who they were talking about, and soon enough his eyes widen and he pointed at himself.

”You talking to me?” He asked as he was acting like a fool right now. ”Yeah you, if ya the kid come sit down and tell us the story.” One of the three said to Yuurei. He looked at them as they seemed to like the fact that he did well for this tavern. ”I indeed saved that lovely waitress from those evil people, still how do you guys know about that?” He asked as he took a seat with them. Koneko’s eyes widen as she wondered how he had done that. ”If anything happens in this Tavern we know about it. Hell if there is anything happening in this city we know about it.” He said and all three of them chuckled as they nodded as if they knew everything about Angel City. Yuurei spoke to them about the situation at the Tavern with the girl, and the tale about the other pirates that were on Skypiea.

It was a story that took him about ten to fifteen minutes to tell them. They were eating it up, but it was all true. Koneko yawned while she looked at Yuurei work his magic. The waitress walked over to Koneko curious to know how she knew Yuurei. ”So, how do you know Yuurie?” She asked Koneko. The cat mink twitched when she heard those words. She didn’t know she was behind her. ”You startled me, and I know him because he rescued me from being a slave, what about you, nya?” She asked. The waitress smiled when she heard those words. ”He saved me too. It seems like he goes around saving people, or is just females?” She asked. ”No he just loves saving people. I don’t know why though. He never expressed that he’s the type of person to do that, nya.” She said to the waitress.

”So, you are really strong, but where is that giant buddy you always with then?” They asked Yuurei. ”He’s in the other side of the city. Still, can I ask you guys some questions?” He asked them hoping they would be willing to talk. ”Sure you can ask us. Anybody who is a hero of this tavern is a friend of ours.” He said. ”Can you guys tell me if you know anything about the marines being in the city?” He asked them with a serious look on his face. They looked at each other as they were surprised about the question, but were easier to let it out. ”Yeah we do. I heard from our resources that marines are plotting something in the city. Not sure what it is thought, but they move around in the middle of the city. They try to blend in as best as they can, but they got no wings.” He laughed when he said that.

”Yeah we don’t know what they planning, but we know it’s for pirates. Anything else you need from us?” He asked Yuurei. The thief got up from his seat, and shook his head. ”Thank you guys. You been a great help; that is all I have to ask. I will come by and tell you guys more of my adventures later, or just look out for those news coo. I might be on those.” Yuurei said with a smile on his face as he had walked over to Koneko, and the waitress. ”Apparently the marines are setting something in middle of the city for pirates. I’m not sure what it is, but I guess we will tell Mashyuu and the others when we get together, but we got to time to kill, so let’s go.” He said as he put his mug on the table, and some Beli as well for the waitress.

She didn’t want the money, but she knew he wasn’t going to take it back. Yuurei had looked at the grunts that were around the tavern. ”You guys can go back to the ship. Keep it guarded as the marines know there are pirates here. Daimaru will help you guys defend it, so no worries.” He nodded at all of them, and they nodded as well. The grunts took flight into the air and head back to the ship to defend it. Yuurei looked at Koneko after this was done. ”I guess we can go around pickpocketing people perverted old men who deserve it for the rest of our time.” He said this to her, and she was okay with that as long as she got to spend some alone time with him. And of course it wouldn’t happen.

The den spoke up, and it seemed like Mashyuu had found someone who knew where the marines were hiding. ”I also got information about the marines as well Mashyuu. I will say it when we gather up.” The thief said this, and grabbed Koneko, and started running at his top speed towards their destination area. The thief would be the first one to get there due to his speed, and the fact that he ran towards their meeting spot. He looked around as he placed Koneko on the ground. She blushed, and her tail wagged in excitement. ”I felt like a princess, nya.” She said this. Yuurei could only smile and shake his head as he waited for the others to arrive.

18The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:44 pm

Excalibur

Pirate
Pirate

Excalibur
"I understand what you mean, Harley-san" Gideon smiled as he began looking through the spices, kneeling in front of the different venues, "Oh garlic!" his fascination was peeked and not long after, he was already buying groceries, "We're making a search for the marines, no worries" Gideon laughed as he looked open to scan the area for any citizens without any wings, though he did this halfheartedly.

"Come again" an old lady said as she handed a bag of potatoes to the giant, to which the giant then took two more bags.

"As for my size, if we ever discover a way to shrink me, I don't mind trying it out" which was a tad of a lie, he didn't like the idea of being smaller than he already was. He relied on his size for his confidence, because he towers over most enemies he faces, fear doesn't normally envelope him; he doesn't mention this because he's very sure of himself that there isn't any possible way to shrink him, such science seems highly impossible to produce.

Gideon looked towards Harley for a moment to take notice of Mashyuu calling them back to his dismay, "Damn, alright" he cursed as he finished paying for a dozen live chickens and a large bag of chicken feed. He figured since Koneko was working on his ship, he might have enough space for live chickens to roam around, a small live farm seem like a good idea... in his head at least.

The giant soon after caught up to the doctor who had already gain some distance, "I'm not entirely sure what the reason is behind it all, but it's obvious it has to be stopped" Gideon shared his thoughts, "Marines going against code of conduct and moral diplomacy, some kind of deity wanting a tribute, and Mashyuu, as far as I'm getting, is in the center of all of this? But why? to what end?" it was all confusing and Gideon hoped it'll all be answered by the time they finished the entire matter.

Soon enough, Gideon arrived on scene, carrying several bags of groceries in the palm of one hand and a dozen clucking chickens in the other, "Hey, Yuurei, Koneko, I've got some supplies" he nearly forgotten he had made such purchases even though they were on a mission, hopefully nobody gave too much of a care, "They were on sale" he said, though they weren't on sale.

19The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:31 pm

Batman4560

Batman4560

Placing her hands in her pockets, Harley looked up at the earth shaking giant as the strode together towards the meeting spot. If it were up to Harley she would have a set of rollerblades or something to keep up with the man but luckily he was going very slow in order to match her shorter strides. "So.. here is what happened. About a month ago, when we landed here. Mashyuu headed into the forest near the docks we are at. Turns out that forest is a jungle and at the center is a golden temple. It's protected by a cult. Mashyuu's family used to protect that temple until they were turned to slaves. Mashyuu was hunted and forced to hide in the temple. While there he learned a legend that a man from Skypiea, that had fallen from the heavens would return and stop a god from doing terrible things on the island. Turns out, Mashyuu is that person and when he took the devils fruit from an alter in the temple, it awoke a God who wants to ensure that he can't be stopped by Mashyuu. If you ask me it's a bunch of mumbo jumbo. As for the Marines, Mashyuu and the rest of us are wanted criminals, plus them helping the God will get them resources they wouldn't normally have. Its a win-win for them." Harley explained until the pair found themselves standing near Mashyuu and Yuurei, along with the rest of the large group they traveled with.

Mashyuu stood over the injured slightly older man and rested his hand on the mans shoulder. "How many of these guys are with you?" The old man asked while looking up at the Phantom Raiders. "All of them. Sit tight." Mashyuu glanced at the giant and his bags. "Hey you guys, take those bags back to the ship too." Mashyuu ordered the men that had followed Yuurei. He waited until it was only the core members of the crew and the older man before he continued to talk. "Okay Tex, tell em what you told me." The one winged man stood up and used Mashyuu's cane sword to steady himself and cleared his throat. "Okay... Hello, my name is Tex Tanwell. A Skypiean scientist. I was kidnapped by a slaver and some marines last month and forced to create a drug that shuts down the pain receptors in a human and Skypiean's body so they can continue to fight even while having injuries that would normally cause someone to pass out from pain. I resisted at first but after they cut one of my wings off.... Well what choice did I really have?" The man explained with a pained look on his face, as if he were reliving losing his wing. "They said they were going to use the drugs to assault various pirate crews on the blue sea and capture them, and pay the slaver a hefty sum for me and the other slaves I was supposed to test the drug on. The drug failed a lot before it started to work. There are still three slaves left that haven't been drugged." Tex continued. "He said he could take us to the lab that is being used. It's not too far away. But I want to make sure this man is safe." Mashyuu told the others.

At the same time, Harley rushed to the mans side and put her bag down, forcing the man to sit down on the ground so she could get a good look at him. "Don't move and try to breath at your normal pace. I need to make sure you're okay old man." Harley snapped, taking her job as serious as possible. She checked his pulse, and heartbeat first, then the color of his skin. She reached into her bag and pulled a small bottle of water and a power bar. "Eat and drink these please." She ordered while moving to check his cut off wing. Her head shook left to right. "Whoever patched him up isn't a doctor, the cut on the missing wing is infected. I need to push the puss and infection out and clean the wound. It's gonna hurt but he will die in a day or so if we don't. I bet he's sick and the pain in his body has prevented him from realizing how bad he really is." The old man's eyes went wide when the realization of what she was saying set in. Mashyuu reached into his pocket and pulled a red cloth from it and balled it up to hand to the man. "Bite down on this." He ordered the man while pointing to his sword and floating the blade up out of the scabbard. Harley shook her head to the side and drew a scalpel. "Not everything gets cut with swords and spears you morons."

Her deft hand quickly unwrapped the old bandages and quickly made a cut in the stump of a wing. She placed the scalpel down and grabbed the stump, squeezing hard to push the green infection and milky white puss out of the stump. It made a sick popping sound and the smell that came out was enough to make most men and women vomit but Harley had dealt with it before. Soon she pulled a small cotton swab from her bag and dipped it in a bottle of disinfectant. She took care to clean the wound carefully and then grabbed a thread and needle, giving the stump a set of double stitches to keep it closed. To finish up she dressed the wound with clean bandages and packed her things in a plastic bag labeled "Dirty". She stood up with the man and hoisted her bag over her shoulder as if what she just did wasn't a big deal. ".... First of all... gross. Second of all. If anyone has anything they need to add to this or any questions before we head out, now's the time to speak."

20The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:21 pm

Yuurei

Marine
Marine

Yuurei
Yuurei watched as the group had finally gather up. He was happy for that because honestly he didn’t like the idea of separating. Still, it was good because he was able to gather information, and Mashyuu was able to find this man. The grunts had left the area, and head back to the ship with the stuff Gideon had bought. Koneko waved at them because she had gotten to know them with all the time that she had stood behind. They helped her fixed the ship and made sure things were running properly. Still, the new guy had something to tell the group, and the two had listen to his story. Yuurei was surprised about this drug that was being created, which made him a bit nervous. He wouldn’t want that type of drug because then how would he know if he had been shot, or had a big chunk of his body taken off him?

It seemed like they had people they were testing on, and three were left. The fact that he called him a slave, and these people had three people captive, Yuurei knew Mashyuu’s thoughts of the matter, so he was all for it. Still, he had to give out the information that he had gather from the people at the tavern, but right now the injured man was priority right now. He watched Harley get to work, and she was quick on her feet. He was impressed by her, and he could tell that she knew what she was doing. He laughed when he saw Mashyuu was getting ready to cut the infected area. ”You should have used my sword Mashyuu.” He said it in a joking manner. She scolded them, and Yuurei did use his swords to cut everything, so he felt like it was a comment towards him, but it wasn’t.

When the doctor was done cleaning, and taking care of the wound of the scientist, Mashyuu had spoken up to the group that was here. He stretched his arms into the air as he was listening to the man. It was time for him to tell the crew the information that he gathered. ”I went to the tavern that I usually go to, and I got some juicy information from the men that drink there. They were telling me that the marines are indeed in this city, and are plotting something. They don’t know what it is, but I guess it has something to do with the drug that Tax mentioned. They also told me that the marines are usually around the middle of the city, and that they aren’t that hard to spot even though they try to blend in.” He pointed to his back. ”They don’t have any wings.” He said this.

”Still, I’m not sure where their lab is, but if it is somewhere in the middle of the city, then be careful. They are constantly around there from what I have gathered.” He finished speaking as that was all that he had to say.

The swordsman was ready to go though, and he looked at Koneko as he was thinking about something. ”Hey Koneko when we bump into the marines. Do you think you can hide your face, and make sure they don’t see who you are? I don’t want you to get in trouble for things like this.” He said to her as he was looking out for her. She pouted when she heard him say this and her tail had gone up from her being annoyed. ”I don’t like what you are telling me to do, but if you feel like it’s a good reason, nya.” She said this as she took her hood and placed it over her head. She would make sure that she would keep herself. She was ready to continue with their journey to stop the marines from doing anything bad.

21The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:30 am

Excalibur

Pirate
Pirate

Excalibur
The giant took a moment to think about the myth Harley told him. He nodded to agree with her about it being far-fetched, but Gideon has always been a bit superstitious. Maybe he is the chosen one, and if so, does that make him the bad guy or the good guy?

As Gideon took a moment to sit upon the floor to get a better view of the crew, as well as count his chickens, he took notice of Mashyuu returning, but before he could greet him, he saw a one-winged old man. As the captain introduced Tex, Gideon gave a small wave of a greeting, the story he shared kept his focus; the situation was serious. He had heard of drugs being used illegally in human civilizations and becoming a problem in popular islands.

"We'll take those off your hands, Gideon-san" one of the winged lackeys said as a group of them stood before the giant.

"Oh, thank you, I hope you don't mind" Gideon said happily. He handed the bags to them and lowered his right hand with the chickens, which they lot of them had to try to catch.

Yuurei had shared what he had gathered concerning the marines, as for the giant, he realized he didn't have any time to ask about, then again there would be no way he would give that kind of excuse after returning with bags of groceries and a dozen live chickens.

"Um..." he took a moment to think, trying to come up with anything to contribute to the party, anything that could help, even a question, "Given that these marines are working with slavers, practically enforcing slavery, and working in production of illegal drugs, wouldn't that mean this sect of marines are corrupt and shouldn't we somehow inform other officials?" After saying that question, he realized how dumb it truly was. He had already been informed that these marines were corrupt and that Skypiea is technically considered lawless since it isn't allied with the world government, "So... that would mean they wouldn't be expecting reinforcement, because... if higher officials catch wind of such an operation, that would spell Court Martial, or whatever it's called" he was quick on the save there.

With such a fail ball throw, Yuurei's followers quickly made there way towards the ship with the chickens before things got too awkward for the giant.

22The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:01 pm

Batman4560

Batman4560

Mashyuu shook his head side to side and frowned at the men who were in his crew. "The lab won't be here, but if they have been seen towards the center of town, then there might be a tunnel or something that leads to the lab. It would be a good way to get back and fourth without being seen or slowed down in the area around town. More so, nobody going missing would have to get dragged through the city, it could be a snatch and grab right at the heart of town in the middle of the night. My only concern is that not everyone on Skypiea that has no wings is gonna be a marine. Could be anyone else who has managed to get up here. Still we won't know for sure until we check it out. That being said our group is too big... Literally. We should send a small group. Our two stealthiest members. Yuurei, and Koneko. You're both a cat and a thief. I'll trust that you two can handle yourselves. Don't break into anything just check it out, and come back." Mashyuu ordered. He then looked up at Gideon who was sitting, waiting for a plan.

"It's like I said before. But let me give an example. When you go on vacation. You don't follow the laws of your home, you follow the laws of the land that have already been established. The Navy is following the laws of Skypiea. Slavery is a legal thing here. They aren't being corrupted so there is no way to 'Court Marshal' them. Not only that but if you were a marine and a Pirate came to you claiming that someone was going against the rules of marines, what would you do? Arrest the pirate and maybe look into their claims. Maybe.." Mashyuu found a seat on a near by tree stump and tapped his cane on the ground lazily. "You two head out, and we will wait here. If you find something worth investigating we will go as a group tonight." Mashyuu ordered Yuurei and Koneko. "I can take you to the actual lab too, that way your giant friend doesn't have to try and move through and underground tunnel." Tex added in. Mashyuu considered this and nodded his head up and down. "Agreed. Harley, go with Yuurei and Koneko at night if things check out, I'll go with Gideon and Tex, and we can two prong attack the place. Any questions?"

23The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:25 pm

Yuurei

Marine
Marine

Yuurei
Yuurei heard the fact that the lab wouldn’t be here in the city. He looked at his captain because he had a frown on his face because of what they said. There was also a possibility that the lab could have been in plain sight. Hell, he would have done that for sure. Still, he and Koneko would be the first to be the ones to go. He had learned from his past mistakes, and he hoped that he wouldn’t fail on another stealth mission. It would be good for the two to work together, and honestly, he felt like it was time to break the solo act and try to have help again like the old times. When he heard his captain speak to Gideon he listened to him and shook his head to that way of thinking. He didn’t care that it was legal to do it here, it wasn’t the right thing to do.

If you knew that from growing up, then you shouldn’t be doing it in another place just because it was legal. He stood quietly for a minute or two as he heard Mashyuu told them to head out. He rubbed the back of his head as he looked at Mashyuu. He was about to turn around without saying anything, but Tex spoke about taking Gideon to the lab without having to go through anything underground. That was a good thing to do, and he was okay with that if it meant his friend would be safer that way. Still, the plan was simple if there was a way to go to the lab from underground Yuurei would be with the girls. ”One thing to say to what you told Gideon, Mashyuu. I don’t care if things like slavery are legal here. As a marine, you shouldn’t just make people slave just because it’s allowed here. That is just foul, and nobody should try and justify it, but who am I to say that as I’m a pirate.” He walked off as he was bit annoyed.

The thief didn’t listen to Mashyuu if he had said something after. He didn’t even stop as he looked over to Koneko and nudged for her to follow him. She had followed him when he walked away as they were going to go on a mission to see if they could find the underground path that could lead them to the lab. She caught up with Yuurei as she was next to him now as she could see that he wasn’t in a mood. ”what’s got you upset Yuurei-sama, nya?” She asked him. Yuurei looked at her and knew she wasn’t the problem. ”I saw Mashyuu give us all a frown as if he were disappointed on what we had said earlier, so I spoke out of line.” He paused for a bit as he continued walking. ”Don’t worry it won’t stop me from continuing with the mission.” He said.

Yuurei decided that running towards the middle of the city would be a good thing to do if they didn’t want to waste time. ”Let’s stay in the dark and move quickly. We will go through the little alleyways that lead to the other side of the buildings. We will move through them until we get to the middle of the city.” he said this and she nodded. The two had made it to their first alleyway, and soon he started running, but in a speed that she would be able to run with him. When they got to the corner of the alleyway, Yuurei would look around, and when he knew it was safe to move forward he signaled Koneko to continue running with him. They continued to do this until he noticed that they were finally there.

The moment he noticed that it was safe and nobody was looking at him and Koneko, he had walked out like normal. His eyes scanned the area, and there was a specific feature Yuurei was looking for people with no wings, but there were none that he could spot at the moment. Koneko was doing the same thing, and she couldn’t see spot anything either. ”Let’s keep moving and act like a couple while were move through the city.” He said this to her. She nodded and she had a huge smile on her face as she grabbed his hand with her as their finger intertwines with each other. ”Okay let’s go.” She said this as her tail was wagging. The two of them started moving through the city as if they were just normal people. ”if you spot anything let me know.” He said with a smile on his face.

The two would continue the look through the area, and Koneko would be the one to soon spot what they were looking for. There were three people with no wings walking with each other. They looked suspicious, but she couldn’t tell whether or not they were marines. ”I think I found them.” She said this and Yuurei nodded as they started following them from a great amount of distance. He was holding her hand and he was acting like they were together. This was the best thing to act because nobody would think of a couple be a cover. It wouldn’t take long for these three people to make a turn and soon enough into a shop where ice cream was being sold.

They were not the marines that they were looking for, but they kept moving. The two would continue to look around, and this time Yuurei found a few people without wings. The two would act the same way they were acting, and soon enough they noticed that these people went into a weird path. The two of them couldn’t follow them regularly, so Yuurei decided that it was best to try his devil fruit powers. He unsheathed his blade, and focused his powers to the best of his ability, and tossed his blade onto the side of the roof. It stuck to the side of the building. Yuurei body would move towards it, and Koneko would do the same. He was following the blade on its travel to the building as he grabbed the hilt of the blade and stopped the polarity of the gravity on the weapon.

Yuurei tossed Koneko onto the roof and would follow suit after that. They were both there as they were able to see what those men were doing. They had touched a dumpster, and from the looks of things, it was moving on its own. It reveals a path of stairs leading down to something. He knew it had to be some underground path that led to this lab. When the last man went into the path, the dumpster had moved back slowly back to its original position. ”I guess we going back and telling the rest of the crew, nya.” She said to him, and she was right. The two would go together to meet back with the crew. Yuurei would get them down by trying his best to make the two of them float, which he did even though he was struggling at the beginning.

When the two of them had landed on the streets, they would walk back to the crew. This whole entire thing had taken them about forty-five minutes to do. They had to follow certain people, and get things wrong, and right. Still, they would make it back to the group that was waiting for them, Yuurei and Koneko would arrive at the scene of the giant, the doctor, the blacksmith, and the scientist. ”We found there hidden path. It’s not an easy place to spot, and its hidden under a dumpster. There should be a switch that opens the hidden path, but we will find out when we go and infiltrate tonight. I hope we are ready for this because I dislike splitting up, but it is something we have to do.” He said this to everyone. Koneko didn’t want to split up from Yuurei, and she was happy that she was with him through all of this.

24The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:17 am

Excalibur

Pirate
Pirate

Excalibur
The plan was simple, though splitting up seemed ultimately necessary. The theory that they may most likely using tunnels made Gideon realize he would a hindrance given that he wouldn't be able to fit into such such a path.

Captain Mashyuu confronted Gideon by providing an example about what he was concerned with, "Right, I understand" he said, his tone close to a whisper. Though he understood where this was politically, more or less, and legally but as Yuurei soon pointed out, regardless what the law states, it is still wrong and inhumane.

Yuurei's reaction was not expected and his expression was rarer, Gideon had never seen him so tense and leave so abruptly, it seems the feelings were mutual between the entire major core of the crew, but the Captain was the only one who seem to have a control over his emotions, given that he was involved in such a situation as well.

Yuurei and Koneko made their way off, leaving the rest of them until they returned. Gideon's nails lightly scraped against the floor he sat upon, he was lost in thought while trying to figure out how to go about this and about how big the threat is.

Gideon caught Trex making him an offer to which the giant appreciatively thanked him before he began shifting his fannypack and clothing, he then turned towards the Captain, then gave Trex a nod and say "I'm ready whenever you are, sir" Not only ready for the investigation, but for future battles as well.

25The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:59 am

Batman4560

Batman4560

Mashyuu ignored Yuurei's comment about slavery. He was half right of course, but Slavery was legal. Weather it was right or wrong made no true difference in the end. It was one of the many reasons Mashyuu had decided to become a pirate to begin with. "Yuurei... Keneko, be careful and don't take any risks that aren't needed. It's still broad daylight and we don't know the numbers of the marines and who they are working with." Mashyuu warned, his tone dim as if he were thinking of something else when the idea of them coming to harm hit his brain. He watched as the duo made their way back into the town then turned to face the rest of the group. Harley in that time hadn't stopped watching the slightly older man with one wing. It wasn't because she was worried about his condition but something rubbed her the wrong way about him. "....Mashyuu can I speak with you in private? Over there..." Harley asked and pointed at a tall outcropping of trees just out of the range for most things to hear a hushed whisper.

Together the pair walked to the trees and Mashyuu leaned up against the largest, so that Harley's back was to the group. "I don't trust that guy. He's hiding something. Something isn't adding up. He ran here that injured, wasn't grabbed and hasn't confirmed how far away the lab is, just that he knows where its at. You don't think that's strange?" "No it is, but I don't know why he would want to bring us all together instead of attacking me alone when he would have a much easier time in a one on one fight, plus he really was hurt. You cleaned out his infection and patched him up. Is it possible he is delirious?" Harley glanced over her shoulder and sighed, cradling her forehead in her fingers. "Maybe. Just don't let your guard down around him. Something is just off." Mashyuu nodded and patted her shoulder before walking back to Gideon and Tex.

"So, Gideon. Tell me about yourself a little, where are you from? How have you been getting around without being attacked or reported about since you're a giant? Have you had much interaction with people that weren't giants? Where did you learn to cook?" Mashyuu asked as he took his place where he had left the group. Harley moved to wait for Yuurei and Koneko to return, afraid that something might have happened to them. Sure enough by the time Gideon had finished talking about himself Yuurei and Koneko returned and no worse for ware.

Rubbing his chin, Mashyuu pondered Yuurei's report and a the frown that was on his face only deepened. Seemed odd that they would have a tunnel under a dumpster but if they were only going back and fourth with it, it might have been the perfect cover. If the dumpster rarely moved. "Well.... I suppose that settles it. Tonight we move in groups of three. Yuurei, you lead Harley and Koneko through the tunnel. Gideon and Tex are with me. We will head through the forest and follow Tex to the lab from outside. If you think you're at the lab itself contact us and wait for confirmation that everyone is ready to attack. Gideon and I will try to cause as much distruction from outside as possible then you three get in there. Yuurei, your primary objective needs to be finding the captives and getting them out before anyone can run test on them or pump them with drugs. After that help Gideon and myself take the marines out. Unless Koneko is good at opening locks fast. Then just watch her back while she does it. Harley, once they are in the tunnel show them witch way to go then double back to meet up with us. We don't want anything going wrong during this operation. It's become less of an attack operation and more of a rescue mission. We head out at sunset. I suggest you all get some rest before we go."...

...Nightfall came and the crew readied themselves for what was to come. Mashyuu stood at the edge of the forest and broke a large mostly straight branch off a tree and handed it to Tex. "Don't stray too far. You're sure you know where you're going?" Mashyuu asked and Tex took the branch and chuckled under his breath. "Yes yes, I'll get you to the lab safely." Tex assured. Harley hugged Mashyuu and ruffled his dark locks then headed out with Yuurei and Koneko. "Come on lockpick, its time to go."

Once Yuurei and the others were gone Tex started into the woods, heading east of the town. Mashyuu considered what Harley had warned him about and followed behind, wings flapping lazily to let Mashyuu hover over the ground at shoulder level with Gideon. "I'm gonna go up and scout ahead, keep an eye on that guy. Harley might be right about him hiding something." Mashyuu warned and soared straight up, breaking the canopy of the trees and glared out. He rocketed forward as fast as his body could carry him, wind whistled past him as he shot forward like a bullet cutting the air. He twisted and stopped his forward flight as he neared a single storied building that was roughly a mile long and half mile thick. But what caught Mashyuu's attention more than anything else was that the lab rested at the edge of Skypiea, if the building wasn't actually there, one could simply walk off of Skypiea and fall to their death. The lab itself had six small dots wandering the rooftop, and a group of ten dots that patrolled the outside of the lab, Mashyuu assumed they were the marine guards given the white they wore. Mashyuu shook his head side to side and raced back towards the walking giant and Tex, unsure of how to advance....

26The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:46 am

Yuurei

Marine
Marine

Yuurei
Yuurei had given his report, and with that, he could hear what Mashyuu had to say. He spoke about their plan tonight, which was good because he didn’t know where they were going with this. At one point it was a take the marines out of Skypiea mission, but then it turned into a rescue mission. He was okay with that, but now he knew they were going to do both of them. That was good to know, and while listening to Mashyuu explain things he knew he was going to be the guy to take the girls for a rescue mission. He was going to navigate through the tunnels and to the lab to rescue the captives. His body twitched with excitement when he heard this. Some people would think he wanted to fight, but Yuurei would have rather do the breaking and entering part over anything.

Still, when he finished speaking, it only meant that they had more free time. Yuurei was okay with that as he had to gather Koneko and Harley. He needed to have a chat with them before the night came and they were on the move. ”So, I have a suggestion, and it’s only if things go bad. If we can’t sneak around the lab and things get too tough, promise me you two will walk away and hide, or even leave.” He paused for a second before continuing. ”I only say this because if it gets tough and you girls around they might use you to their advantage against me, and I don’t need that. If you girls hid and watch my back that would be okay.” He said this, and with this Koneko smacked him on the back of his head. ”We are not running away. We are helping you, and we will do our jobs when the captives are rescued, nya.” She said with a smile on her face after she had a serious one when she started speaking.

Yuurei sighed as he figured that would happen, and he could have imagined what would happen if Harley would have been the first to speak instead of Koneko. ”Fine, sorry I get worried that is all. Since we have until sunset, I’m going to continue practicing with my weird abilities.” He said this to the girls as he left them. The swordsman would leave the area as he would continue to practice with his Gravity abilities. He was able to use it but knew that he was no master of it just yet. Still, he was going to do the best that he could right now, so he didn’t make careless mistakes with it when they did this operation. He wasn’t the only one who new powers, which was good because they were going to need anything they could get their hands on to become stronger.

The swordsman trained all the way through to nightfall, and he was quick to meet up with everyone. The man had the top part of his robe off him as he looked at everyone who had arrived for the mission at hand. When they were ready to go, Yuurei looked at Harley as she called him lockpick. He was ready to say something but then retracted his statement as he continued to move forward. The three of them moved back into the city, and the way Yuurei did things, he moved through the dark, and next to the walls. He would stop the girls behind him using his fist as a sign to halt. The thief would look around the area before moving again because it was clear.

Yuurei continued to do this over and over again until they made it to the alley that he and Koneko spotted the marines heading to. They didn’t enter the alley just yet as he looked around and made sure that there was nobody waiting for them there. When he felt like the coast was clear he looked at Koneko, and Harley with a smile on his face, and then nudged for them to go after him. The thief would go first, and then the other two would follow. It wouldn’t take long for them to see the dumpster that was hiding the path, but Yuurei caught something. There were people coming, there were about three of them, and when they showed up Yuurei, and Koneko could only make eye contact with them. The marines looked at each other, and then the three of them. It wouldn’t take long to make their decision, but they had tried to make a run for it. The pirate pulled his hand out and created a blue aura around his hand. He was creating a gravitational pull as they were affecting the men who were trying to run from them.

”I had today to get a feel for what I can do. Take them out when they are close.” The three men were being pulled towards Yuurei. When they were close enough. Koneko reacted as she jumped towards one of them who was struggling to overcome the pull, but it wasn’t working. She attacked that person without hesitation and knocked them out with four punches. Yuurei would strike one of them with a punch of his own, knocking that person out. When they were done with that, Yuurei would put all three of these guys into the dumpster, which was an actual dumpster. He would close it and then look around the outer part of the object.

It was nasty for him to do, but he couldn’t find a panel on it, which would trigger it to move. Yuurei figured it had to be something with the walls, and soon enough he started feeling the walls until his hand pushed into something. His eyes widen, but he was excited because they were moving forward from this. The dumpster moved to the side, but it wasn’t the dumpster moving, but the floor itself to reveal a secret staircase that led underground. ”I wondered when they made this.” He commented. He walked down the stairs and he would do so with Koneko and Harley behind him. When the last person went under, the dumpster would move back to its original position as if nobody was ever there.

Technique Used:

27The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:56 pm

Excalibur

Pirate
Pirate

Excalibur
While everyone was off to some corner or area to have their own conversation or scouting something out, Gideon was left with the one winged skypiean which felt awkward. He simply gave the old man a simple smile before averted his eyes. Sure what he had witnessed during the medical attention the old man was receiving, was pretty unsettling, the giant was more focused on the fact that he and the old man didn't converse and didn't know one another, just that they happen to be thrown into such situations.

For the time being, Gideon pulled out a notepad with a pen and beginning running through recipes he wanted to try and recipes he thought about altering. After some time, he was confronted by the captain, to which Gideon quickly put his notepad away. He didn't expect to be questioned about his past, though it seems the captain wanted to show some kind of dedication to knowing his crew mates, he then wondered if Mashyuu had any availability in his schedule to do such a thing.

"I was born on Elbaf, but raised on an unnamed small island some leagues away; I had been traveling around by swimming, so long as the distance to another island was short, but I do take large ships for longer voyages, I tend to avoid any known areas that hold marine bases, just to avoid being spotted, and as for cooking, I had taken cooking as a hobby since I was a kid, so I was more or less self taught" Gideon gave the gist of what his life pretty much was, though he decided to hold back on the story concerning Loki until they are in a more private setting and weren't on a mission.

After everyone had returned, Mashyuu gave the layout of the plan and without hesitation or question, everyone seem to have agreed, including Gideon. He wasn't use to being the stealth type to sneak around, so distraction and frontal assault would be fine by him since he had the team to rely on.

Night had come, Gideon readied himself, packing his equipment, Mjolgera and had Jormungandr on his back. He dressed in all black for stealth and had his black bandanna, hoping that it'll make up for his incredible size.

He and the group were making their way through the wood area, Gideon following behind the old one winged skypiean and Mashyuu flying about. He kept his eyes looking about in case of any sneak attacks, though given the lack of lighting, it was difficult to spot anything but trees and foliage. Mashyuu had flown close by Gideon's ear to point out his worry to which Gideon nodded, however was surprised, he hadn't heard anything from Harley about such a concern, but figured that was why the two had stepped to the side for a moment. From then on after Mashyuu flew on ahead, Gideon kept his eyes on the old man.

28The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:50 pm

Batman4560

Batman4560

Part Three: The Trap!

Unlike Koneko, Harley gave Yuurei a thumbs up at the plan of hiding and hanging back should a fight get too out of hand. It wasn't that she was a coward but out of everyone in the crew she might have been the least skilled at fighting. Back on Jaya she knew how to handle herself, most men in Mock Town were either pirates or drunks. A flirty wink and soft giggle could get her out of a lot of situations but on Skypiea she was completely out of her element."No complaints, I got sent with you because I'm not a fighter and won't do any good if I just go storm a building with Mashyuu and Gideon.... That Gideon is a nice guy. You should be more like him and stop getting beat up all the time. Making a poor woman work... Come on, lets go then."

Harley followed behind Koneko and Yuurei, sure to watch the groups back in case of an attack or ambush. The moment she saw the marines running and Yuurei use his devil fruit powers Harley sighed and started to walk towards the group. "Should have just chased them down, now they are gonna be able to report that you have devil fruit powers... Haven't you ever heard of not showing all your cards from the start?" Harley asked Yuurei in her regular slightly judging tone. She reached into her bag and drew a small needle and shoved it into one of the marines necks. Quickly she pushed the plunger down and laughed as the marine passed out. "Small drug to keep patients under while I preform surgeries. He will be up in an hour or so. We should get a move on."

Climbing down the secret passage, Harley stomped her toed shoe on the hard floor and groaned when the door above was closed again. "It's so dark in here. Anyone got a light?" She asked while reaching to her left and rubbing the wall. Her right arm reached out to grab the shoulder of whoever she could latch onto. "If nothing else follow the path on the left. It's the fastest and safest way to get out of a maze and in this situation it's the same." Little did the trio know that there was a fourth Marine outside who saw what had happened and called the lab, alerting them to the intrusion. Bars slid out of the wall that was closest to the trap door and locked in place to keep the doors from opening again.

Tex led Gideon through the wooded land, taking him closer to the lab, a grim smile spreading over his face that was masked by the darkness of the night sky. "You sure trust that Masyuuu and Yuurei. What if you're on the wrong side son?" The man asked without ever looking back over his shoulder. At the same time Mashyuu came to a stop over Gideon and dropped down to the ground with a soft landing in a three point stance. "We have a problem, there are a lot of guards there. At this point we are only a hundred yards or so away." Mashyuu claimed, unaware that the group were walking into a trap. "Gideon if you and I rush them right now, we can actually catch them off guard and maybe start to clear the way for the others."

Mashyuu froze when the sounds of guns locking and taking aim cut through the air. It was like they were all around the group, but in actuality there were only five gunmen. However from the shadows also walked twenty marines with swords, and ten Skypieans with spears all aimed at Mashyuu and Gideon. From behind him, Mashyuu could hear Tex almost sobbing as he backed up. "I'm sorry about this guys, but they said they would kill my family if I didn't lead you guys here." Mashyuu spun around to face Tex, but his eyes went wide when the familiar face of Ensign Stein was there to greet the Skypiean Pirate.

The tall woman in white, with blue hair smiled wide at Mashyuu. The double breasted jacket she wore clung to her fair curves and left little to the imagination, her long legs were wrapped in blue stockings that were stopped by a pair of darker blue jean shorts. Her feet were covered in white ankle high boots that shifted to hold her weight with a cocked hip, and her hands clutched a pair of long black bladed katana's. Her green eyes glanced up at Gideon and a low whistle slipped past her full lips. "Wow, reports said that you had quite a crew. Didn't think it would include a Giant. Men, focus your attacks on the giant while I clip this birds wings." Ensign Stein gave her weapons a flourish and let the black blades cut the air while she fell into a stance that let her block with one blade and counter quickly with the other. Mashyuu glanced at Gideon and set his jaw firmly. "Gideon, I'm going to leave the marines to you. try not to kill them. I'll deal with the Ensign here. Once I'm done I'll try to help you and then we can get to the lab. I have a feeling Yuurei and the others are walking into a trap."

Mashyuu drew his sword with his right hand and offered only his left profile to Stein. His left arm curled up and silver sparks flew from his forearm creating a near invisible shield of magnetic power to help defend against attacks from her blade. "Jishaku Barrier..." He muttered while his right arm raised his sword to chest level. He took aim and waited for the opening he needed in the cluttered standoff with the marines and Skypiean hunters.

Used Skills:

29The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:47 am

Yuurei

Marine
Marine

Yuurei
Yuurei thought back to what Harley had said about being like Gideon. His giant’s friend wounded, but they weren’t huge. Still, she did have a point that she was always having to take care of him after he went out on this island. That wasn’t the only thing he thought about. She spoke to him about his use of his devil fruit. He could only smile because he didn’t mind if they knew that he had the devil’s power. ”I’ve heard of not using all my cards, but it seemed like fun at the time. Still, I will just have to continue to gain new powers that the marines won’t know about. And I’m sure they can’t deduce which power I have just from that. I mean I can ki…” He stopped before saying that as he knew Harley would get mad if he finished that sentence.

He was about to say something, but Harley asked a question. He looked around, and he knew he didn’t have anything to light of their path. He sucked his teeth because he had forgotten to bring something with him to do that. Koneko chuckled when she heard the noise Yuurei made. She pulled out an oil lamp that she had brought with her. ”I have this. I use this when I’m working on the ship, so I figured it would be useful just in case.” She turned it on, illuminating the area around them. Yuurei and Koneko would close their eyes the moment this happened as they had to adjust their eyes to the new light. After a few seconds of covering their eyes, the two would be able to see again and noticed that there was a long tunnel ahead of them. ”Well thank you Koneko.” He said with a smile on his face as he looked at Harley.

”I’m sure Mashyuu is going crazy with his powers to. I guess we can’t help, but use what we have.” He chuckled about it as he wasn’t sure if he was using his powers. Still, Yuurei kept moving forward as he looked around to see if there were any traps of any kind. There weren’t, which was a good thing, but he understood why that was the case. The marines wouldn’t have thought this place would be found, and they also wouldn’t want to activate a trap by mistake. While they walked through the area, Yuurei could see that there was a left path for the time to take. It was their only option as they had reached a dead end; he was happy about that because he felt that this wouldn’t be a maze, but a regular path to their secret lab.

Koneko wondered what was happening with the three guys they left on another path. Yuurei was wondering if they were fighting the marines already, and how much of an advantaged they had gained from their surprise attack. He was thinking about that, but his focus stood on what was ahead of him. Yes, it means that he was keeping tabs, on what was above him as well. Their path would continue as they had soon needed to make a right, which bugged Yuurei. I guess they couldn’t make this direct path to the lab? He thought to himself. Soon enough the trio would be able to see a set of stairs leading upward. That was good because they were close to the lab. They needed to find the prisoners that were in here, and help them out. The swordsman picked up his fist causing the girls to stop moving.

He was waiting for this moment as they were going to infiltrate this place. Yuurei didn’t want to overwork his mind in using Observation until now. He closed his eyes for a second and then opened them as his mind widen, and he was able to feel the presence of Koneko, and Harley behind him. There was nobody above them, or waiting for them, so he knew that it was clear for them to move. Yuurei looked to his right and pressed the switch that was noticeable to anybody that had come by here. When it opened there would be a light that would shine down into the secret tunnel. He looked back to the girls and had a smile on his face. ”I don’t feel any presence near us. If you don’t understand what that means I will explain it to you.” He said just in case.

Yuurei would walk in first, and soon enough he was looking at the interior that was around them. There was one long hallway in front of them, and he decided that they had no choice, but to walk through. Koneko followed Yuurei as she knew that he had a weird ability to know when people were behind him, or even a place where he couldn’t see. The group wouldn’t take long to arrive at their first fork in the road. They had Yuurei though, who expand his reach of Observation around him to 50 meters. There was nothing on the left side, but on the right side, there was the presence of a few people. He had felt three of them, but couldn’t be too sure if they were the prisoners. ”There are three people to our right. I’m not sure if they are the prisoners, so be on guard you two.” He said this as he was moving forward now.

1/20 Haki

Last edited by Yuurei on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

30The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Phantom Raiders in: The Trap! Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:32 am

Excalibur

Pirate
Pirate

Excalibur
It was just Gideon and Tex as they walked towards their destination, the sound of heavy footfall, obviously from the giant, was the only sound emanating the area, even though Gideon did his best to be as silent as possible. Tex had then commented on Gideon's trust, but the thought he had suggested seemed a bit ominous and even though it was suspicious, Gideon couldn't help but wonder if he was right. At first he thought ever since he had join the crew, he was protected and had company that resembled family, then he began wondering what a life of piracy would do for him, the bloodshed, the constant danger.

Mashyuu landed, making Gideon nearly jump and reach for Jormungandr on his back. Realizing it was the captain only put him at ease for just the moment, for the message the captain brought was troubling... then the sound of guns cocking filled the air. Gideon quickly looked about to barely see silhouettes surrounding the three of them, given there situation, it was a difficult standing. Hesitation filled his mind, he couldn't move because he was too afraid to make the wrong move; his eyes glanced over to Mashyuu, hoping, waiting to receive orders, to receive assurance, like a pawn waiting for the chess master to move him.

A buxom woman revealed herself from the shadows and by how she carried herself, she seemed to be the one leading the marines that surrounded them. The look she gave Gideon made his skin crawl, for a split second, he imagined himself in chains, he remembered back to when him and his mother were captured; his grip on his blade tightened, but he waited patiently, waited for the first order, everything else didn't matter but the order and the enemies, not even Tex was a concern for him at the moment.

The moment Mashyuu allowed Gideon to move upon the marines, he did so as fast as he could. He forced a burp out, releasing a cloud of spices towards the northern trees before he took a ran towards that direction. As he ran through the trees, he heard a mixture of gunshots, coughing, and sneezing coming from the men around him; during his run he managed to accidentally kick a man, slamming him into a tree, knocking him out.

Once Gideon had gained some distance, he turned about and waited. The moment he spotted two marines and a skypiean spearman exit the cloud of spice, he swung his thirty foot blade, sweeping up the three enemies using the flat side of the blade before sending them flying through the air.

"The giant's -cough- off the path -cough- in the trees!" one of the marines in the foliage shouted, trying to rally the others.

Skill Used:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum