Strawhat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Canon One Piece RolePlay

NEWS
Hello and welcome to Strawhats! We hope you have fun and enjoy the site.
If you have any questions jump in our chatbox and ask away.
You can also join our site Discord chat here! *https://discord.gg/wPDvuRc*
Our current ongoing events is: N/A
* = links
STAFF LIST
OWNER
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/admin_13.png
ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/kaito_11.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/devrou10.png https://i.imgur.com/1vaJQJc.png https://i.imgur.com/HBb1nBA.png
MODERATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/noctis10.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/18/53/44/60/sofiai10.png https://i.imgur.com/x2u1mnO.png
Latest topics
» Is this site back?
Enjoying Time at Mardi Gras [Flashback/Social] EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:22 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald UnderWorld
Enjoying Time at Mardi Gras [Flashback/Social] EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 am by Poopy Face

» Kill Fidel D Marx
Enjoying Time at Mardi Gras [Flashback/Social] EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 8:06 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald Chains
Enjoying Time at Mardi Gras [Flashback/Social] EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 10:25 am by Poopy Face

» Gladius Naruto RP
Enjoying Time at Mardi Gras [Flashback/Social] EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 8:48 am by Guest

» Stamina System
Enjoying Time at Mardi Gras [Flashback/Social] EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 1:24 pm by Admin

» Attributes System
Enjoying Time at Mardi Gras [Flashback/Social] EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 pm by Admin

» Makyu von Hellman
Enjoying Time at Mardi Gras [Flashback/Social] EmptySun May 16, 2021 7:08 pm by Makyu

» Grains of Sand
Enjoying Time at Mardi Gras [Flashback/Social] EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 pm by Deep Bloo

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Statistics
We have 430 registered users
The newest registered user is Mercedes70

Our users have posted a total of 25717 messages in 3809 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Yuurei

Marine
Marine

Yuurei
The islands he had been on the most, the island that allowed him to grow as a person was Jaya and Skypiea Island. These two islands allowed him to grow and it was good for him because there were more islands in paradise that he had yet encounter. Skypiea Island was a relaxing area majority of the time and with the Phantom Raiders there they tried their best to get rid of all of the slave owners. Moving on from this, today was a beautiful day on this island; Skypiea was lively, or at least in Angel Island it was. There seemed to have been a festival going on. There were a lot of small open shops on the sidewalks with many different things to buy that was related to the event that was happening today.

The event today was Mardi Gras and everybody in Angel Island was out in the streets celebrating this day. The town was loud and lively as you could hear the music being played to the maximum volume that could be played. The couples had come out, with or without a family with them. There were others who had come out to celebrate on their own, looking for someone to enjoy their night with as well. There were also of course people with friends who just showed up to have a good time with others. The day was perfect for this as well, the sun was out, and the clouds would be able to cover the sun every now and then. It left the island with good exposure to the sun, but it allowed for small breezes to pass the people in Angel Island from time to time.

As for Yuurei, he wore his regular clothing for the day; his white robe that the people of Angel island wore. He enjoyed their attired, but only used it for this island. His four swords were on his regular sash right now as he wasn’t going to leave them behind. There were signs all over Angel Island saying to celebrate this day and to have everyone enjoy their time. Yuurei wasn’t wearing his eye patch, and his hair was slick back so that people wouldn’t be able to recognize him. He had made his way through the main street where the floats where moving through the streets.

When he got there he could see people dancing on the streets as they had joined the moving floats. They were lively and they enjoyed their time. Yuurei could smile when he saw how interesting this was. It was the first time he had ever experience something like this. It brightened up his whole life because he didn’t think people could take a day to put aside their difference and enjoy such an event. He would walk around the streets as he would see that there were many people wearing different costumes throughout the streets. Each and every one of these costumes was different than the other. It was nice to see something different for the first time in a long time here on Angel Island. Yuurei kept walking as he had a smile on his face. He looked at the floats that were presented to him, and he could only smile with amazement.

His eyes would sparkle when he saw them, and he could only wonder who made all of these things.

[color=blue]”Whoever created these have some good skills behind them.” He said to himself as he walked.

There were more things he saw and it was the females on the streets dancing. They wore their costumes and it looked amazing. They were moving in such a nice way, that Yuurei felt like he had been hypnotizing. His eyes couldn’t move away from them as he watched them do their moves while moving away from him. He continued to look at them until a huge popping noise occurred right next to him. He looked to his side and noticed that there was confetti falling from the sky and he figured that someone popped them into the sky. It got his attention alright, which caused him to continue moving through the streets. He wanted to have a good time, and he would see a small open shop that was selling huge cups of alcohol. The thief would make his way towards the shop and quickly pay for one of the huge cups.

When he got it he could feel how cool it was and knew that this was going to hit the spot. He was excited, and the cup itself kept the hand he was holding it with cool. He would take a chug of the beer and when he stopped he would sigh with relief from how refreshing it felt.

”This is a good day after all. I haven’t had one of these in forever.” He said once again to himself.

He wondered what his friends were doing right now. He didn’t see Gideon anywhere around the ship, which made him believe that he had gone into the city to run some errands. That would mean he would probably bump into his friend, or maybe he would enjoy this on his own. It didn’t matter as Yuurei would continue to watch the floats move by him. He would continue to admire everything he saw in the Mardi Gras parade that was occurring right here on Angel Island.

Excalibur

Pirate
Pirate

Excalibur
Upon waking in the early morning, Gideon had done his usual task in mopping the deck of the ship, tending to the kitchenware and lastly heading out to the market to restock on supplies. He hadn't accounted for the festival that had taken place. The festivities were enjoyable and witnessing the locals in their excitement did bring a smile to Gideon's face, but it cut his travel time, limiting his mobility. There were too many many in the streets, so the giant had to be more careful in comparison to any other day.

"Excuse me, excuse me" he said every now and then as he took long steps over the masses. Though despite the annoyance of the masses, Gideon did enjoy the spectacle. One person was walking about on stilts, nearly reaching Gideon's chest, causing the giant to laugh as they passed by one another.

After some time at the market, shopping for spices and whatnot, he made his way back towards the ship when he had came into view of Yuurei, "Oi!" He called out towards the man, though he had to hold back on calling out his name, nearly biting his tongue as he realized the man had altered his look yet again. As entertaining as it was to see the man go through clothing changes more so than a fashionista, he wondered if it was taxing to him, since the reason behind it was to hide his identity, even on an island so far high up in the sky. Gideon began to wonder how long before he would have to do the same thing since he has been hanging out the man more often.

Once Approaching the long-arm human, he noticed the missing eye-patch "So you really do have both your eyes huh?" Gideon joked as an opening line.

Yuurei

Marine
Marine

Yuurei
Yuurei continued to look at the floats that were moving through the streets. His attention was straight on them and he felt like there was nothing that he had to worry about. It was the same for everyone else in this city and he was happy to be here. While he watched the floats it wouldn’t take long for Yuurei to notice something. There was a bigger shadow that overlapped him and blocked the sun. His eyes cringed when he saw this and he wondered who was big enough to do such a thing. He turned around to look at who it could be and chuckled when he noticed it was Gideon. While he was turning around he could hear his friend joke around about his eye, so when Yuurei turned to look at him he could be seen with a smile and small chuckle to what he had said.

He rubbed the back of his head as he wasn’t surprised to see the man here. He knew that Gideon did a lot of shopping, and it was mainly for food purposes.

”Yeah I got both of my eyes Gideon, and it doesn’t look like you are going to get any smaller?” He asked his friend.

After that question was asked and answered Yuurei took note that the man had gone shopping like he thought. He should have recognized his voice earlier when he had shouted, but he didn’t want to look paranoid, and he didn’t want to draw attention to himself. He turned to look at the floats, and soon the man that was on the stilts had arrived. He was impressed that someone was able to walk on sticks, and he looked up to see the man. This was the guy that Gideon walked by before. His eyes sparkled because he thought that was cool, and wondered if he was able to do something like that. He pointed at the man, which caught the man’s attention to look at Yuurei. The thief would then wave at him with a smile on his face. The man would smile and wave his hand back as he continued to move forward.

”That’s kind of cool. I wondered how long it took him to learn how to walk on something like that.” He said as the next group of people to arrive were dancers.

There were a group of Skypiean girls dancing around the streets. They had a routine memorized and down pack as they were all on sync. Yuurei was memorized by their movements especially when some of them flew into the air. Their movements into the air were fluent and enjoyable and he could only aww in amazement. As they were moving along the swordsman figured he would make conversation with his friend.

”How was the food shopping Gideon? And how’s your morning been?” He asked the chef.

Excalibur

Pirate
Pirate

Excalibur
Gideon laughed as Yuurei returned with a mild joking question of his own, "Yeah, not unless I eat some kind of shrinking devil fruit" he said with a chuckle though with a hint of disgust. Through his travels, he's actually heard on more than one occasion that devil fruits tasted bitter, which was why he had only an interest in trying to serve it up with some kind of flavor as a personal challenge, "Oh! I forgot, I haven't asked you, the ... fruit that you ate, how did that taste?" he tried to be as vague as possible, ever since he's met Yuurei, the two of them have ran into nothing but trouble, and the more trouble they ran into, the more trouble that sniffed them out.

The giant took notice of the man walking on stilts and shrugged, "Probably years of training" Gideon said as he slowly sat down beside Yuurei, a number of people moved out of the way when seeing the giant's shadow being moved, more worried about being sat on than intimidation, "I could probably do that with..." Gideon thought for a moment, but to his knowledge there weren't anything resembling strong enough stilts for a giant his size, "Maybe the thickest trees in the Upper Yard" Though he doubted it.

The floats were amazing to look at, one of them was a southbird that Gideon had recently learned about, colorful birds who's head always pointed south. Soon enough, a few giant parade balloons began to float down the street, some of different animals and few of skypieans, one of the boars had nearly hit Gideon, who had to duck. He grumbled. Though the parade was enjoyable, there were too many people and the giant didn't do so well in a crowd, though at least the crowd of people were small enough for him to see over.

"Billy! Get down!" a mother called. Gideon turned to see a child climbing on his leg, thinking him to be some kind of playground. The giant gently picked him up and handed him to his mother, "Thank you, and I'm sorry" she said.

"Don't worry about it" Gideon smiled before turning back to the floats.

Yuurei

Marine
Marine

Yuurei
Yuurei heard what he said about a shrink fruit, which made chuckle. He was sure something like that existed in this world, but it was not something he figured Gideon would want. The reason for his thought was because his friend would lose the ability to swim in the water. He was asked a question about how good the fruit tasted when he had gained his devil fruit ability. It was a good question, and he to think about it so that he could try to remember that day. While he was thinking about it his friend answered him about the man on the stilts. He watched his friend sit down and then he nodded because he figured they would hang out here and see the scenery from here. The comment that he said about doing something similar to what the man was doing intrigued Yuurei.

”I can see you doing that. And man if you did do that then I can just imagine how tall you would be then. That is scary to see a big giant on stilts walking around.” He chuckled saying this to Gideon.

He remembered how he ate the fruit and it was by mistake. The thief was talking to Mashyuu when it had happened. He was eating food that Gideon had given him, and then he noticed that his fruit was gone.

”I’m trying to remember back to when I ate the fruit. It caught me off guard I can say that much. I was eating the food you were serving on the table, and I remembered being really hungry. I ate as much as I could, and now thinking back on it, I did taste a bitter taste on one of the fruits I bit into. I thought it was just a mistake, so I kept eating it, but it wasn’t the best taste in the world. If it weren’t for the fact that I grew up eating whatever I could to survive I probably would have gagged and tried my best to spit the food out.” He said to Gideon as he was explaining that to him.

Yuurei had turned to look at the floats that were passing by. They were the ones that Gideon had mentioned, but under those were the people who were dancing. They had different unique moves and each dance was amazing to watch. It was just that, but different designs for each everyone’s clothes were amazing. The details on their clothing, what made them pop and the mask that covered their face were beautiful. It was a nice day, but soon Yuurei’s attention would be drawn to something else. He could hear someone next to him shout out a person’s name. He looked over to see what was happening, and he noticed the kid climbing Gideon’s leg. He shook his head and chuckled when he saw this because he figured something like that would happen one day.

This was something Yuurei enjoyed doing, and he was a grown adolescent, so he could just imagine the enjoyment the little kid was having. His eyes widen when he saw Gideon pick up the kid, and wondered what he was going to do to the kid. He knew it wouldn’t be anything bad, but the kid could fly with those wings. When the mother and her child walked away from Gideon, Yuurei shook his head at his friend.

”You are a kind man Gideon. When we get down from this place, how about me you set off on an adventure? If Mashyuu takes too long to leave Jaya Island, we could just meet up with them later.” He explained to Gideon wondering what he would say to Yuurei.

The swordsman would stretch his arms into the air while he was looking at the other people moving around and waving their hands at the audience. Yuurei would wave back as his arms were already in the air.

”Have you been watching the girls dancing? They are amazing the way they move and they are beautiful” He asked Gideon with a smile on his face.

Excalibur

Pirate
Pirate

Excalibur
The moment Yuurei began explaining the moment he had eaten the fruit, Gideon mentally took notes on what he could do about bitter fruits, maybe use a strong spice, but most likely sweet pepper would do the trick, but he sighed and shook the idea from his head, he didn't like the idea of taste testing devil fruits or even getting near one if he didn't need to, as the legend says, the fruits were cursed. Sure they provide power to those who consume it, but they become cursed to the sea. Gideon began to think about the amount of traveling he has done since he's left home more than a decade ago, the majority of his travels had been on foot or swimming and if he ever became an anchor, he would be stranded upon islands and boats, limited, restricted and for a giant, that didn't bode well for them.

Gideon was lost in thought until Yuurei pulled him with a question. He turned to the smaller man with a confused look, "Um, yeah... I suppose" He didn't think much about, he couldn't tell the future or wonder why a pirate would remain too long in one place, however either way, Gideon needed to keep moving, his reason for traveling had always been the same, to find his mother and Loki, and he was sure to do both. Though thinking about separating from the crew wasn't given much thought since he had not spent much time with them to actually miss them, though unknown to Gideon, he would come to enjoy the company of the crew as the days continue.

The girls had caught his attention as Yuurei changed the subject. Gideon looked upon them with no more interest than the swordsman, "Yeah, they are something" the giant has been keeping his answers short, mainly because he had little thought to any of them, as for the dancers, they were minuscule to him, like dolls, though they were pretty to look at and talented dancers, he preferred a larger woman, no shorter than him. He began to think about Yu, a giantess taller than the average giant, they had crossed paths back home once, but nothing more, his interest for her had remained quiet, his confidence was as strong as his drive to fight back then. He began to wonder how much has changed for him... and for Yu.

Yuurei

Marine
Marine

Yuurei
Yuurei had asked his friend a question, but he noticed that something was troubling Gideon. He noticed that he wasn’t talking much, and he didn’t know why. It bothered him because he wondered if he could talk to him about it. The answers he was given were short, and therefore it was time for him to figure out what was the matter with the friendly giant. He never really asked Gideon how old he was, and he looked young, so he never bothered asking him.

”What’s wrong Gideon? You went from a good and happy person to someone who had something torn from him. Do you want to talk about it?” He asked his friend.

He looked to the crowd and could see that there were more people moving around the streets and soon he could hear more music. There was a float that had men and women playing instruments to make music. He nodded and he bumped his head to the music that was being played. It was enjoyable, and he was enjoying every second of the music. He knew Gideon would answer him when he was ready, but for now, he was trying to figure out what they could do in the festival that was going on in this city. He remembered seeing a bunch of tents near the area, and he was sure it was merchants trying to sell things to the people that were outside. It was a smart tactic, and he was sure it would work. He cracked his neck because he figured that he could get Gideon to come with him, so they could do some food tasting.

That was how he was going to get his friend to be in a good mood. He turned to look at Gideon, and his arms spread out from each other. Those long arms were surprising to a lot of people, and honestly, Yuurei forgot that he had them sometimes.

”Instead of us watching the floats move around, the music making us dance, and watching the ladies and guys dance around, how about we go around and see what kind of food these people are selling? You can try some out with me, and we can see how good they are compared to you. Who knows you might like something and want to prepare for us or come up with something different.” He said to Gideon.

He waited for his friend to answer him, and while he was waiting for it, there was more music moving through the streets. He would turn to look at it while he was waiting for Gideon to give him an answer. When that happened, he would follow Gideon around, so they could go ahead and try things out.

Excalibur

Pirate
Pirate

Excalibur
The winged locals moved about, here and there, movement was everywhere and Gideon was finally finding his moment to relax, he took note of Yuurei's concern and he shook his head, "Don't worry about, I'm fine, I just happen to think too much about certain things, like the reasons why I 'set sail' as you guys say" Like a reacquiring dream, the first thing Gideon thinks about upon waking is his mother. And each day, he would curse himself for getting himself knocked up into the sky, seeing this situation as a giant step back, and that is saying a lot for a giant.

Gideon caught the scent of food in the air as Yuurei made the suggestion to get food. "Sounds like a plan" He said as he stood up, and as he did, the surrounding people spread out to give him space and to make sure they weren't accidentally stepped on. He would then make his way towards the food stands he had spotted easily in the distance, "So tell me, Yuurei, what's the first thing you think of when you wake?" he asked. To him, the first thing that comes to mind could say a lot about a person and their goals, though to the giant, the only thing he knows about Yuurei is that he has an affinity for swords and he comes from an island of swordsman.

When they would reach the first stand, Gideon bent down on one knee and purchased a sushi-kabob. He began to wonder what kind of animals survived within the white-white sea if it's all but foamy clouds, and whether or not an ecosystem can thrive in such environments, then he had his first bite of the kabob, all wonder went out the window and he no longer cared about his question. The food was good and he decided to take note of it for future possible recipes.

Yuurei

Marine
Marine

Yuurei
Yuurei smiled at Gideon when he agreed with his plan. He figured the man would be okay with it the moment it had something to do with food. He waited for people to get out of Gideon’s way and he watched the man slowly get up, so he didn’t cause an incident with any of the small people on the ground. He saw this as an opportunity right now, he was going to following the giant, but he figured he could just easily climb on the man’s shoulder and allow him to take the lead role on where to go for now. He decided to jump with all his might and after he got as high as he could he used his devil fruit ability to float himself onto the man’s shoulder. He enjoyed the scenery here and he knew he could never get tired of being up so high.

While they were moving though he heard what Gideon asked him, and honestly that was a hard question to answer. He started to think about it now because he wanted to figure out what that answer could be. It wouldn’t take long for Yuurei to noticed that the giant had arrived at a nearby food stand. He was acting like Gideon as he was trapped in his thoughts right now and trying to come up with an answer. He did grab the same that Gideon had gotten from the merchant, but he didn’t take a bit out of it just yet. Instead, he held onto it while he was thinking. What is the first thing I think about when I wake up? I guess it could be that, or maybe… I’m not really sure. He thought to himself.

He looked at Gideon and figured he would just tell him what was on his mind over anything. He couldn’t answer him perfectly, so he was going to tell him what he could.

”I don’t really know what I think about when I wake up in the morning. I guess you can say I’m glad to wake up for another day and spend it with everyone. I mean of course I can say on top of that, I’m wishing I would find a brand new sword for me to claim as my own today. I guess I never put too much on what goes through my head in the morning. I guess it could also be said that I could be asking myself why I woke up and that I should go back to sleep and continue my dream.” He rubbed the back of his head.

He had answered his friend’s question, but the way it was answered bothered Yuurei. He looked at the kabob that was in his head, and almost forgot where he had gotten it. He was truly out of it when he was asked the question. He took a bite out of it, and when he took that bite his eyes widen, his face lit up and his taste buds went through the roof. This was amazing and he started chewing his food as it looked like he wasn’t the only one. He could only smile because he figured this was a good idea and seeing the giant’s face proved it to him even more. When he finished chewing he would swallow and smile at Gideon.

”I see this was a good idea. This kabob is amazing, and I think you could make it better though.” He said as he took another bite of the kabob.

While he was chewing the food he wondered what other kinds of meals would be cooked for them to buy and eat. He had an empty stomach, so he could eat a lot right now.

”Do you want to go see if there is more food for us to try out? We have a lot of time on our hand, so how about it?” He asked him as he wondered what he would say.

Yuurei just did his usual kick his feet into the air as if he were a child. He was on Gideon's shoulder, so his feet weren’t planted on the ground.

Excalibur

Pirate
Pirate

Excalibur
Gideon took note of Yuurei landing on his shoulder, he had been impressed by his control over his new ability the devil fruit had given him, seeing such feats made the giant wonder how far can Yuurei's power reach and to what scale?

Though the kabob was tiny to the giant, Gideon enjoyed it either way as he dropped the entire stick into his mouth and swallowed it whole. He gave a slight head bow to the chef before moving on to the next stand which took a mere small sidestep. The smell of fried salmon risen to the air and from Gideon's position, the smoke streamed into his nose, smelling every bit of the spices.

Yuurei was vague with his answer, but Gideon couldn't blame him, it was an odd question altogether, and he knew Yuurei to be a man to act on the whim and go with the flow and it has worked for him so far.

Gideon ordered five full salmons, four for him and one for Yuurei. As he waited, he said to Yuurei "The swords, you seem to be building a collection, are they all for battle or just for collection?" A bit of curiosity with a hint of desire for a conversation for flavor. It'll keep the talk going while they enjoyed their day, being a chef, he mainly cared about food, but being a friend, he also cared about what Yuurei thought, he had also been curious to how he himself would be able to fight using swords, "I've been using Jormungandr for a bit and I enjoy it, though I don't know if it's for me entirely, I don't really have the skill or speed that you do" when he got his first fish, he tossed it into his mouth without a second thought.

Yuurei

Marine
Marine

Yuurei
He could feel Gideon move, and he was excited about it. The travel wasn’t that long, but it was good enough for Yuurei to see how quickly the scenery changed for his friend. He looked around and noticed that Gideon had found a place for them to eat so quickly. It wouldn’t take long for the aroma of cooked salmon to reach him. He inhaled the scent into him as he could enjoy how good it smelled. It brought his mouth to salivate, and he wondered if they were going to eat that. His stomach rumbled from the sudden smack of aroma; he wasn’t a cook, but he felt like whoever was making this was doing it with such love. He felt Gideon’s body move as the man was lowering himself. Yuurei had to hold on for this because he didn’t want to slip and fall to his death.

He would listen to the order, which he was okay with. Then he was asked if the swords that he was collecting would be for the collection of battle. Yuurei rubbed the back of his head because there were a lot of swords in the world that he couldn’t use all of them. Of course, to anybody, it felt like he was just collecting them, but he did have a goal for them. He coughed before he spoke as he looked at Gideon.

”No, I’m not collecting for a collection. I’m going to find ten swords that I can use for myself first. I can use ten blades at a time, and that is one thing I need to do. After I get the tens words that I want to use, then any swords I find after that would be switched with my current ten, and whatever is not being used I will find a new place for the sword on the ship. I will see who is worthy of using the swords I collect.” He said this to Gideon as he was explaining things and hoping for the better.

He wouldn’t want them to be used as a collection because then it would mean that they weren’t being used. That wouldn’t fair for the blades themselves because they weren’t created to be shown off in a display. Yuurei wouldn’t do it, and he wouldn’t be happy with anybody who would also do such a thing.

”Yeah, the only thing is about what I’m saying is when I collect these swords I do want to go to my father and show him all of these swords, but when it happens it will happen.” He said to Gideon.

His friend had spoken about his usage with the sword and how he didn’t feel right with it. He nodded when he heard that because wielding the sword wasn’t for everyone. In this case, his friend wasn’t too excited about using the big sword. He wondered what he could advise him then since Yuurei felt that Gideon was telling him something indirectly.

”If you don’t feel that way with a sword, you can always do something else? I think your hands are big enough to be destructive on their own, so why don’t you try going for hand to hand combat, Gideon? I think it will fit you more, but that is up to you of course.” He said to his friend as he got the salmon he was waiting for.

Yuurei would get his salmon and take a big bite out of it and would inhale with satisfaction all over his body. This was delicious and it would taste better than the aroma that was coming out of it. He would swallow the remains that he chewed, and he would swallow again to take the saliva that was in his mouth due to how amazing it was.

”This is freaking great if I say so myself.” He said to Gideon.

Excalibur

Pirate
Pirate

Excalibur
Gideon had swallowed his second plate before questioning "Ten swords? I know you have long arms, but to be able to wield ten swords sounds insanely difficult" he reached down and picked up another plate that was ready for him, "The most blades I've held were four kitchen knives, though they were small" he downed that salmon as well. There were rumors and stories of legendary swordsmen who were able to wield three or even four at a time, but Gideon had never actually taken them seriously.

"So... you're going to appoint these weapons to people?" he asked Yuurei, though at this point of the conversation, he seemed to be more invested given his tone, even though his eyes were still fixed on the chef who was preparing his last plate, "So, are you going to bring the swords to your father before you begin to give the swords to 'worthy' people? Like a knighting ceremony or something?" It seemed a bit odd to Gideon for someone to travel and obtain amazing objects to just give them away again, though he did understand what he meant about the swords being in use rather than collecting dust.

"As for hand to hand combat, that does sound more reasonable" Gideon took a moment to look down upon his hands and wonder how effective can his own body be if he simply trained in techniques, like a fighting style.

The chef caught his attention and Gideon bent low to pick up the plate, though the giant already began chewing the fish before he stood back up, "What if you find a legendary sword who is already being wielded by a worthy person? and what makes a person 'worthy'?" the questions were popping into his head, he didn't really understood these concepts since he never had been around such people who held 'honor' so highly.

Yuurei

Marine
Marine

Yuurei
Yuurei took another bite out of his salmon now as he was looking to his left to look at his friend. It looked like the man was enjoying the salmon that was cooked for him. While he was chewing his food he could hear Gideon questioning his usage of ten swords. He chuckled a bit to hear his friend’s sudden interest. He did know that wielding ten swords would be extremely difficult, but it was something he had learned from his mother. He heard him try to compare his kitchen knives with his swords. He took another bite of his salmon as he was almost done with his meal, and decided to put his plate down so he could show his friend how he would do it. Of course, while he was putting the plates down he continued speaking about the other things he had said.

That was a lot of questions he had, and Yuurei could only smile at his friend because he was happy to answer him to the best of his ability. First, he wanted to show him how he could use his swords. It didn’t look like he believed him when he said he could use ten swords, but at the moment he only carried four with him. There were two blades that he had, but he decided they wouldn’t be used for the time being.

”First, let’s start with the swords. I can use ten swords at a time. I’ll show you just one second.” He said to Gideon.

Yuurei would take four of his blades, and he would put three of his blades in between each of his fingers in one hand. The last blade he had put in between the elbow closest to his forearm to demonstrate to his friend. He would move around to show that it wasn’t difficult for him to do, and it was why he was okay with this form. It was the style his mother had shown him, so he figured it would be best to carry on her legacy.

”As you can see I can move around fairly easy. The only thing that I see as a downside is that it decreases my normal reach against people. If I fought a normal human around my height I would probably have the same reach as them. Still, it gives me blades to use on my side making it hard for people to reach the side of me without being poked by my blades.” He explained to Gideon as he started putting his swords away one by one before picking up his plate.

He held his plate and enjoyed the aroma that came out of it as he was thinking about the food.

”Yes, I plan to appoint people with these swords, but of course I plan on doing that after I show my fathers the swords, or actually I could do it before. It all depends on how I do things.” He paused for a second.

”I don’t think the majority of the people in this world is worthy of using the swords out there. How do I deem them worthy? Well, if you are in the crew and you use a sword, then I trust you enough to know you won’t treat the sword like crap. Daimaru is a great example, he has one of the swords I’m collecting, and I wanted to take it from him at first, but realized, if I can trust him, then I figured he would be responsible enough to wield that blade.” He said as he grabbed his salmon.

”I guess you can say I’m being selfish, but I just want to see these weapons prosper, and make sure they aren’t being used by the wrong people. So, my allies and friends would be the ones that I think would worthy enough to use the swords I collect.” He explained to Gideon as took another bite out of his salmon.

While chewing his food he thought about Gideon’s hand to hand combat and wondered what he would be able to pull off. He did imagine how scary his friend’s attacks would be if he were at the other end of it.

”If you do come up with something, then I would love to see it one day. Maybe we can spar like we promised before, and see how strong we have gotten, and see the difference between our strengths.” He said to Gideon as he was finishing up his salmon.

”Where to next?” He asked the friendly giant.

Excalibur

Pirate
Pirate

Excalibur
Gideon was picking his teeth with a foot-long toothpick he keeps in his pocket as he watched Yuurei draw his swords and began to display his handling with them and indeed the giant was impressed, he had never would have expected such a technique to be possible. A handful of fish bones flew out between two teeth, "I guess that'll be a good form of defense" although he figured it was probably very difficult to keep track of all those weapons, he wondered if Yuurei ever accidentally cut himself while learning.

"So you're traveling the world to collect -uh, I mean 'acquire' swords to bring back to swordsman island" Gideon thought about that for a moment and imagined how difficult it might be to make constant return trips unless he would store all his swords in a heap in the hull and make one trip to see his father once he figures he has done his life's quest, "So, this is a 'life's quest' I'm guessing" Gideon said as he took another side step, he reached another area where the aroma of raw fish and wasabi, "Oh! sushi!" his attention was pulled for a moment, "5 sets of eel sushi, please" he made his order to the chef and the man nodded his head as he began to dice up readied fish before him.

"Sparring? I suppose" he said to Yuurei, though he doubted he would be able to catch or even keep up with the swordsman, he had seen the man in action and he has never seen someone as fast [/i]and[/i] strong as him and with him wielding so many blades meant he couldn't make a grab for him, unless he was alright with losing fingers... which he wasn't.

Yuurei

Marine
Marine

Yuurei
Yuurei heard his friend’s comment about his sword style and then spoke about his reasoning for traveling. He wanted to travel for that reason, but there was more to it. There was this thing about being the King of the Pirates, and it was another goal of his. He wanted to find someone he thought would be worthy of that title. It was something he had thought about for quite some time. He saw it in Mashyuu, and it was why he followed him and joined him on the crew. Still, he wasn’t sure about it, but the man had time to prove him wrong. If he couldn’t see it in Mashyuu he figured that he would try to become the King of the Pirates himself until one day someone would enlighten him and take the spot from him. He smiled at Gideon when he heard how he called his mission.

”Yeah I want to bring it back to Swordsman Island, and show my father these swords. It is why I ask you, if you ever find a sword, I want you to hold it for me. Then when I see it I will see whether or not I’ll hand it over to someone else or increase my fighting power with more swords.” He said to Gideon as he was hoping to do at least that for him.

He looked at his friend though as he noticed how easy it was to move from one stand to the next. It was funny to see, but it was so convenient for the giant. He knew this sent more than anything as it was raw fish. He heard the giant’s excitement, which brought him to chuckle. ”Someone sure does love himself some sushi.” He said to Gideon.

The first time they met he had been given a large sushi that was the size of a sandwich. Gideon ordered his eel sushi, but Yuurei didn’t say anything towards the chef. He was too high up in the air to make noise for anybody to hear him clearly except for Gideon. When his friend spoke about sparring it looked like he was a bit doubtful about that. It made him laugh a bit more because his friend didn’t trust his own power.

”Yeah you don’t have to worry. When we spar I will use the blunt side of my swords. I will not cut down my own friend unless we somehow become enemies, but I doubt that can happen.” He said to Gideon trying to make sure he felt comfortable with the sparring.

He stretched his arms out as he was wondering what they could do next. He was thinking about possibly pickpocketing someone today, and see what he could find. The thief needed to make sure that his skills wouldn’t rust, so doing something like that every now and then was normal for him.

”Do you think we could ever be enemies? Believe it or not, I consider you one of my closest friend. I think I’ve spent time with you more than anybody on the ship.” He said to Gideon.

The two of them had done a lot together, and have disagreed a few times, but at the end of the day, Yuurei would like to think the giant had his back just like he did for him. Yuurei look down to the side of the road as he could see more floats moving along the streets. He saw one of a SeaKing, or what looked like one from the distance.

”Isn’t that similar to the fish that you were fighting against Gideon?” He asked his friend as he pointed in the direction of the float.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum