Strawhat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Canon One Piece RolePlay

NEWS
Hello and welcome to Strawhats! We hope you have fun and enjoy the site.
If you have any questions jump in our chatbox and ask away.
You can also join our site Discord chat here! *https://discord.gg/wPDvuRc*
Our current ongoing events is: N/A
* = links
STAFF LIST
OWNER
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/admin_13.png
ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/kaito_11.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/devrou10.png https://i.imgur.com/1vaJQJc.png https://i.imgur.com/HBb1nBA.png
MODERATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/noctis10.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/18/53/44/60/sofiai10.png https://i.imgur.com/x2u1mnO.png
Latest topics
» Is this site back?
Rally the Pawns EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:22 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald UnderWorld
Rally the Pawns EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 am by Poopy Face

» Kill Fidel D Marx
Rally the Pawns EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 8:06 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald Chains
Rally the Pawns EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 10:25 am by Poopy Face

» Gladius Naruto RP
Rally the Pawns EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 8:48 am by Guest

» Stamina System
Rally the Pawns EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 1:24 pm by Admin

» Attributes System
Rally the Pawns EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 pm by Admin

» Makyu von Hellman
Rally the Pawns EmptySun May 16, 2021 7:08 pm by Makyu

» Grains of Sand
Rally the Pawns EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 pm by Deep Bloo

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Statistics
We have 430 registered users
The newest registered user is Mercedes70

Our users have posted a total of 25717 messages in 3809 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rally the Pawns Empty Rally the Pawns Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:10 pm

Deep Bloo

Pirate
Pirate

Deep Bloo

Lu Dahn Ricchi
Today Lu Dahn sat cozily in his office at headquarters in Marineford. He hadn't much of it, but his completed paperwork sat on the right side of his desk next to a single manila folder with the profiles of many Marines that ranked underneath him. He himself leaned forward on the wooden surface with both elbows supporting the forward lean form his upper body. He was in a thoughtful mood, so he was sitting with thoughtful posture. Surely not thoughtful in the sense he had intentions on bettering someone's day, but rather he was plotting his next move. More specifically, he was plotting his debut act as a Commodore in the Marines. Any moment now an official would be knocking on his door with news of his promotion. Though he knew the promotion was secure, part of him didn't like the fact that the news was now nearing three minutes late. Moving one of the hands he was supporting his head with, he checked his watch and sucked his teeth at the tardiness he was subjected to. Impatiently he stood from his desk, but grabbed the manila folder that was on his desk when he began to walk towards his door. "There's not enough time in a day for me to waste minutes on a promotion I've already been notified of."

He had business to tend to on Sandy Island three days from now and with how restless the waters were now-a-days, he wasn't sure he'd be able to make it there without having to perform duties he was obligated to do as an agent of the World Government. Just on his way to Marineford he had a run in with a ragtag crew of Pirates. It didn't cost him much time, but he wasn't the type who enjoyed sullying his hands with nameless riffraff. Before exiting his office, with his other free hand he grabbed a fur rimmed coat off the hook that was attached to the door. With one effortless movement, he slung the coat in such a way that now nested comfortably on his shoulders. Hitting the light switch, he finally left his office. As he walked down the corridor, he resided in his head. There were many new stars in the pirate world being birthed on the daily. Though majority lost steam as quickly as they rose to fame, Lu Dahn knew Sandy Island was a hot spot at the moment and planned to reap the fruits of these pirate's labor.

"Congratulations on your promotion Commodore Ricchi." Looking at the vaguely familiar face, Lu Dahn gave a pleasantly light chuckle that ended with a warm squinted eyed smile. "Thank you! I'm lucky to be amongst the few who get their hard work acknowledged. Hopefully the many more that we all know are in order come through sooner than later." The person smiled at Lu Dahn and nodded in agreement. That particular person had been working in the same branch at the same position for around a decade and a half now and that wasn't very rare. Lu Dahn believed the world had people destined to be losers to make it that much more meaningful when the winners such as himself won. Also to be the pawns that the winners gained as they moved up in the world.

The fact he just gained a few pawns of his own reaffirmed the fact that he was one of the predestined winners of the world. After the quick exchange, Lu Dahn was back on his way down the corridor that lead to Intelligence Branch. On his way he smiled, greeted, and nodded to those he saw on the way, all the while he narrowed down which Marines he would choose to reign over in his head. As far as Lu Dahn knew, a Commodore didn't have the privilege to choose every man that'd be in his unit. Majority were assigned by higher ups, but Lu Dahn was granted the right to choose two Marines who'd work under him.

"Hi, how are you." He smiled at the receptionist. "Oh Commodore Ricchi, we've been expecting you. Did you receive the official orders for your promotion?" He scrunched his mouth to the side in a dissatisfied manner and it said all that was needed to be said. Despite that, he spoke anyways. "Sadly I haven't. You see I was supposed to receive the documents . . .- He checked his watch. -fourteen minutes ago. But they didn't arrive on time, so while I turned in my recruitment orders- He put the manila folder on the counter and opened it. -I was going to pick up the documents." The receptionist took in the information and nodded to Lu Dahn. "Hey, did we ever send out the runner for Lu Dahn Ricchi's promotion to Commodore?" The receptionist spun around in her chair to call to another receptionist who was thumbing through a filing cabinet. "Lu Dahn Ricchi . . . Ah, here it is!" The document was handed to the receptionist who was helping Lu Dahn while he used a pin to put his signature on the two profiles of Marines he had chosen to serve under him. "Please put in the order for these two Marines as well please." He handed her the manila folder after he had took the other profiles out of the manila folder and shamelessly discarded them in a waste bin that was off to his right. The receptionist watched in an intrigued manner  with the folder he handed her in her hands. When Lu Dahn adverted his attention back to her, she shifted her expression from speculating to a gentle smile. It wasn't unprofessional or anything to do what he just did, it just wasn't the most respectful thing that could be done to denied profiles. But it wasn't his own fault they hadn't been lucky enough to get his million beli autograph that'd let them into his unit.

"Sorry I did that in front of you. I wasn't thinking. I get caught up with work and don't realize I occasionally come off as such a heartless person." He laughed at his own words as he combed his fingers back through his blue locks. His front of self loathing pity for the trashed profiles earned him the receptionist's assurance that he wasn't a bad person. He didn't need it of course, he just wanted to test to see if he could get her to act as he wanted her to and he could. "Oh no, it wasn't that, I can tell you're not that type of person." His heart curled in a sinister smile, but the curl of his lips was far more friendly and grateful. She handed the folder with the two accepted profiles that consisted of Ensign Linedwell Rainrex and Lu Dahn's right hand to be Captain Hannibal Uchis to the other receptionist at the filing cabinet. Lu Dahn then took hold of his promotion papers and held them in front of himself eyeing them over. It was a nice feeling, he was moving up the ranks and more sooner than later he'd hopefully peak into the various Admiral ranks.

"Anything else we can help you with Commodore?" Lu Dahn folder the paper into even thirds and stuffed it in his interior coat pocket. "I heard from a friend in the Shipyard, that earlier today Rear Admiral Briggs was dispatched to Sandy Island on a pretty hot assignment." The receptionist raised a brow as she nodded slowly at Lu Dahn. "Yes, I delivered that assignment to him by hand myself." He could tell she was curious as to what he was trying to get at. "It may seem intrusive and unprofessional of me, but I assure you I'm asking with righteous intentions. As you know, following my promotion I've been sent on leave for an undetermined amount of time. I can't just sit back and let this new fire I've found burn out while criminals run amok. I served under Rear Admiral Briggs for some time back when I was still an Ensign.- He could tell she was entangled in his words and listening to every syllable. -I would like to capture that moment once more and showcase my appreciation for him for having a hand in getting me to where I am now, a Commodore. If-" "You don't need to say anymore! I'll get you a copy of the mission right away Commodore!" She spun around quickly to the filing cabinet her coworker had wheeled away from. Next she took a photograph of the original mission document and put it back in the cabinet. He was handed the copy, however. Smiling softly at the receptionist, he saw she had grown a bit misty eyed. "I'm a big fan of you as a model, but had no clue you were such a dutiful Marine too. Please be safe and give Rear Admiral Briggs my regards."

He paused for a moment and shook his head as he sighed, not in disappointment, but he was just overwhelmed by how helpful the woman had been. "Thank you so much. People like you are truly as helpful as people like me on the frontline bringing these criminals in to be served justice." There wasn't much intimacy in the way he moved his hand to lightly grab hers, it was just a show of genuine appreciation, but he got a blush from her in return for the contact.

"N- not a problem." Her face had broken out into a faint blush, which Lu Dahn actually thought was pretty cute. Waving goodbye, he turned and took his leave with the copy of the Rear Admiral's mission documents in hand.

Forging relationships like this, as one sided as they may seem, were important to advance as fast as possible and to keep one's ass covered while they did so. Without his connection in the Shipyard he wouldn't have known about the deployment and without the charm and deft tongue he worked so hard to hone, he wouldn't have been able to get the mission copy. Not only did he get this copy though, be he also planted a very beneficial seed that could potentially reap great fruits. With majority of information being relayed through the Intelligence department, if he kept that woman fed with whatever it was she wanted from him, just little crumbs and nips there, he knew she'd feed him in return. It was just important to keep her wanting more, to make her give more. Satisfying her or leaving her to dry wouldn't help Lu Dahn's cause.

Hm, maybe next I should take her on a date. It'd be a very unexpected move of him, but that's just how he liked to operate. He never wanted to fall into a decipherable pattern, he always wanted those with eyes on him to have to guess what his next move would be. That's why instead of returning to his home in Water 7 to take leave while his recruitment orders were put through, he was going to spend his leave on Sandy Island still working. Maybe not working as an on duty Commodore, but still working while flying the flag of the World Government.

For this reason he wasn't headed to the docks of Marineford, but to the SeaTrain Station instead . . .
[Exit]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum