Strawhat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Canon One Piece RolePlay

NEWS
Hello and welcome to Strawhats! We hope you have fun and enjoy the site.
If you have any questions jump in our chatbox and ask away.
You can also join our site Discord chat here! *https://discord.gg/wPDvuRc*
Our current ongoing events is: N/A
* = links
STAFF LIST
OWNER
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/admin_13.png
ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/kaito_11.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/devrou10.png https://i.imgur.com/1vaJQJc.png https://i.imgur.com/HBb1nBA.png
MODERATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/noctis10.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/18/53/44/60/sofiai10.png https://i.imgur.com/x2u1mnO.png
Latest topics
» Is this site back?
[V] A Royal Request EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:22 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald UnderWorld
[V] A Royal Request EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 am by Poopy Face

» Kill Fidel D Marx
[V] A Royal Request EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 8:06 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald Chains
[V] A Royal Request EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 10:25 am by Poopy Face

» Gladius Naruto RP
[V] A Royal Request EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 8:48 am by Guest

» Stamina System
[V] A Royal Request EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 1:24 pm by Admin

» Attributes System
[V] A Royal Request EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 pm by Admin

» Makyu von Hellman
[V] A Royal Request EmptySun May 16, 2021 7:08 pm by Makyu

» Grains of Sand
[V] A Royal Request EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 pm by Deep Bloo

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Statistics
We have 430 registered users
The newest registered user is Mercedes70

Our users have posted a total of 25717 messages in 3809 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1[V] A Royal Request Empty [V] A Royal Request Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:54 pm

Cassius

Pirate
Pirate

Cassius
[V] A Royal Request Empty
Cassius Sinclair
The Kraken
[V] A Royal Request D5da255ae42b2fbe08f85ac5f848e11c

Cassius stepped out into the cool night air of Baltigo's Ninth District. Behind him the door to a bustling bar swung close, locking him out of its warm halls, though he didn't mind much. He emptied his pipe on the corner of the bar's steps, packing more tobacco in. He gave it a quick light, taking a long drag from the pipe as he stared up at the night sky. Three nights earlier, on a similar one to this he had raised hell with the Bandit King himself, ransacking one of Mother's safe houses and purposefully painting a target on himself by speaking directly with Mother's men on the receiving line of a Den Den Mushi.

Truthfully he had expected some sort of retaliation by now. Perhaps she had difficulty locating Cassius, sending out search parties to no avail in such a large, congested place as Baltigo. Then again, Cassius didn't exactly blend in with the general populace either. In fact he stuck out from miles around and he had spent so much time on the island that locals were beginning to recognize the squid faced fishman on sight.

As such he had been on edge the past few days, jumpy and always looking over his shoulder. It wasn't that he was scared of Mother's retribution, he fully expected it and even looked forward to it in some way. What he did dread however was the anticipation, the lack of knowing and the doubt that surrounded him. Perhaps this was her game though, to sew doubt and unrest amongst his thoughts before striking when he least expected it.

Cassius shook his head, rubbing his temples. This was getting to be too much, there was no point in worrying himself over things he had no control over. Instead he pulled up the collar of his jacket, shielding himself from the cold night air and took a turn down the street, back towards the docks and the warm ocean water waiting to greet him for the night. He found the streets of the ninth district relatively quiet considering the time of night and though people still milled about, most were drunk and unaware they were even outside much less where they were on the island. For the most part, he was alone, which made noticing the tail he had picked up that much easier.

He didn't look back, except for the one time as a drunken idiot ran past him, Cassius leaned into the man a bit so they would bump. He used this distraction to turn behind him, yelling after the man,
Oi, watch yourself mate.
Scanning the few pedestrians behind him to locate his tail. He was one of the only other people out walking with an even step like Cassius's, unhindered by the liquid sin so many others had indulged in. He looked tall, a bit over Cassius's height and broad with a face wrap and tall hat to hide behind. As far as disguises went for blending in, Cassius was far from impressed.

As the fishman walked, he tried to get a better read on the tail. Whoever it was seemed a mix of experienced and horribly inept. Between the disguise and just overall build of the person and the heavy foot steps he or she took behind Cassius, even a blind man would be able to notice him. However, Cassius was impressed with the distance the tail gave him, an ideal 10m. Far enough to seem as if he or she was just wandering along, trying to get home for the night and not raise suspicion, but not so far that if Cassius got spooked he could lose the tail just by sprinting away.

Tch, textbook. Cassius grumbled under his breath, realizing this was clearly a new blood who was trying to follow instructions to the letter.
Honestly this is how little she thinks of me? Sending some new punk after me to do her dirty work. Cassius continued, though keeping it to himself so as not to alert his tail.

Deciding on a random alleyway, Cassius suddenly turned down to the left, disappearing into the shadows. He leaned against the wall, able to spring from the darkness and subdue his tail without much issue. He nearly laughed out loud as he heard the tail approach, his pace had hastened noticeably after Cassius had taken the turn down the alley and the fishman could feel the fear in each step as the tail most likely thought he had lost his target.

As the unknown figure turned into the alley, staring into the abyss and trying to locate Cassius, the fishman sprung into action. He sent a quick jab at the tail's throat, knocking the wind from him and causing him to clutch at his throat in panic. In the same motion Cassius pushed the tail towards the wall of the alleyway, holding him up against the wall with his impressive strength. With one arm braced against the chest of the pursuer to hold him in place, Cassius held his other hand up near the man's face threateningly.

Who are you? Did Mother send you to take me out?
The pursuer wheezed and coughed, still trying to recover from the sudden strike.
Well? Cassius demanded impatiently.
Ryu- The man choked out.
What?
Ryugu. The Ryugu Family sent me. They have a r- a request for you. The tail finished, finally able to catch his breath.

Cassius's blood ran cold as ice as he reflexively released the tail who gasped with appreciation, able to fully breathe again on his own. Cassius backed away in stunned silence. In many ways this was worse news than if the tail had been sent by Mother to assassinate him. Cassius at least knew how to deal with people like Mother, but the Ryugu Royal Family? That was way past his depth.

What in the seven hells does the Royal Family of Fishman Island want with me? Cassius demanded. The tail reached up and began removing his head wrap, revealing his true identity as a fellow fishman.
My name is Darwin, cousin. The fishman greeted Cassius in the traditional form.
I was sent by the Royal Family to request your assistance in a matter of grave importance.

Yes, you mentioned that but that doesn't explain why they asked for me specifically. I've been way from the island for well over a year now.

That's precisely why they requested you specifically. Fishman Island has fallen into chaos cousin. Criminals are gathering, organizing and raising empires in the slums. They've bought the law enforcement of the island and there are rumors they even have moles within the Royal Guard. The Ryugu Family can't trust anyone on the island and fear that it's only a matter of time before the most powerful of the criminals comes for the palace and their heads. With your status as an outsider, they trust that you have not been touched by this rancid corruption.

Fah, I was an outsider long before I left that island. Cassius spat as he remembered how harshly he was treated by his own kind since birth. The ostracizing and forced isolation he had endured by his own people, people who referred to him as "cousin" with nothing but venom in their voices.
No one there, certainly not anyone from the Ryugu Family ever showed me kindness or mercy. They didn't help me when I needed it most, I owe them nothing in return.

The sins of the past are the past, cousin. They can't be undone but they can be repaid. The Ryugu Family is offering generous compensation for your help in this matter. There was mention of perhaps even land within Fishman Island to call your own and do with as you please if you are successful in cleaning up the slums.

Bah, what don't you get you fool? Were you not listening? They could offer me the whole of Fishman Island and I wouldn't care. I've no desire to ever return to that island.

Darwin sighed, clearly defeated and Cassius watched him carefully, though his mind drifted. He wondered about the old hermit Doc, the only other member of his race, except for his beloved of course, he actually gave two damns about. Doc had secluded himself away from the majority of Fishman Island, a small little peninsula to call his own. Surely this violence hadn't reached the old man, it wasn't as if he had anything of worth anyway.

They said if you refused to help... Darwin trailed off, staring at Cassius with...pity? Cassius was confused and then concerned. This was a turn he hadn't been expecting in the timid messenger.
They said if you refused to help to show you this and tell you, "Without your help, they can't promise the safety of your friend Doc." Darwin said, handing Cassius folded photograph.

Cassius unfolded the photo and stared at a picture of Doc's cottage, clearly taken at night from a hidden position. The ice that had been flowing through his veins from earlier was replaced with fire, pure and strong as the rage built in the pit of his stomach.
Wh-what is this? He asked Darwin, staring at the photo, simple on the surface, it spoke volumes to the fishman.
What the hell is this? Are those little Noble shits threatening me? Are they threatening Doc? Answer me you coward! Cassius demanded as he spat into Darwin's face, shoving him up against the wall of the alley once more.

P-please cuz, I don't know any more than what they told me. I told them they shouldn't do it, not this way, that that wasn't how they should ask for your help. It wasn't my choice, I- I swear, really I do. I'm sorry. Darwin was practically crying at this point and Cassius realized that taking his wrath out on this messenger boy would be a fruitless endeavor. It'd be wasted effort and he'd end up only feeling worse afterwards. He dropped the fellow fishman and turned his back to him, studying the photo some more as he mulled over his thoughts, trying to focus his anger and control it before it got the better of him.

Those bastards, of course they were threatening Doc. They may have been cowards but they weren't stupid, they knew the only way to get under Cass's scales and they had done it. It was subtle, a simple photograph to let him know if they needed to, they'd do whatever it took and had no problem spilling fellow fishman blood. Cassius realized they could even probably frame it on this supposed influx of crime on the island, one of the slum lords or something looking for a quick buck. However, it also told Cassius something very important. If the Ryugu Family was willing to go to this level, to send such a threat purely for the desire to recruit outside help, it was clear they were truly in trouble. They were barely treading water and it'd only be a matter of time before they completely sank.

Cassius inhaled deeply, exhaling slowly to collect himself before he turned back to Darwin, tearing the photograph as he did. The other fishman was practically trembling in the moonlight of the night.
Fine then, they win. I'll set sail for Saobody first thing tomorrow morning. From there I'll make my way to the Island. I should be there within three days time. Cassius said before tossing the scraps of photograph at Darwin's feet and turning out of the alley without another word. He was done with this conversation, his mind already focused on the task ahead. Whether or not the Ryugu Family knew it, they had just declared war with Cassius and he didn't intend to take any prisoners.

WORDS: 1971
NOTES: ###
DORIKI: ###
GEAR: ###
SKILLS: ###

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum