Non Canon One Piece RolePlay

NEWS
Hello and welcome to Strawhats! We hope you have fun and enjoy the site.
If you have any questions jump in our chatbox and ask away.
You can also join our site Discord chat here! *https://discord.gg/JhBS8Yy.*
Our current ongoing events is:
*Birth by Storm* * = links

I forgot my password

STAFF LIST
OWNER
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/admin_13.png
ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/kaito_11.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/devrou10.png https://i.imgur.com/1vaJQJc.png https://i.imgur.com/HBb1nBA.png
MODERATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/melly_11.png https://i.imgur.com/q5z5reU.png
DEVELOPERS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/noctis10.png
EVALUATOR
https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/18/53/44/60/sofiai10.png https://i.imgur.com/x2u1mnO.png
BATTLE MOD
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/hannib10.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f95/18/53/44/60/temps_10.png
Latest topics
» Missions, Milestones, & Refferals
Today at 8:07 am by Kincaid

» Perusing The Merchandise [CV]
Today at 8:06 am by Kincaid

» [GV] Helios Bandits In - Voluptatem Debutante Pila
Today at 2:39 am by Kaito

» ZapdosZulu: Pokemon RPG
Today at 12:26 am by Guest

» Tryouts [Solo Voyage]
Yesterday at 10:07 pm by Strategos

» Notification Topic
Yesterday at 8:31 pm by MoonlightButterfly

» Lumos in the Dark (premium jcink)
Yesterday at 7:30 pm by Guest

» The Chaos at the Common Ground (Gran Voyage)
Yesterday at 6:24 pm by Winged Menace

» A call to service{Baltigo to Lulusia Kingdom}
Yesterday at 12:16 pm by Winged Menace

Statistics
We have 339 registered users
The newest registered user is Suzu

Our users have posted a total of 23951 messages in 3460 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Dispute: An Emerald in The Rough on Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:12 pm

Fuentes

Supernova
Supernova

I'm making this dispute to show why @NPC and @The Janitor

I'd like to start off by stating the usage of the marine snipers has been butchered. Examples here:

@NPC wrote:"They are all equipped and loaded with the Sea Stone rounds delivered to us by the Warlord, Soillin. We've been told by the marines to use our discretion. As a former Rear Admiral myself, I've been delegated to handle all matters albiet the whippersnappers, bastards." the eldest hand, a man by the name of Elms stated. -

That is from the first post made by NPC which show the snipers were a product to make sure the execution was properly handled and that all parties were kept in line by their handler Elm who was the one who said the above words, because you know it's multiple 100 million dollar bounties there which deathly capabilities.

Let's move along later in the topic

@Cassius wrote:Cassius would hear the loud guard shout, but at this point he was well over a dozen meters away and far enough that he needn't pay him any mind. He was rounding the corner of the coliseum to "deal with" the squirming child out of prying eyes. As he pushed the child up against the stone walls of the coliseum, Cassius's mind raced with other ideas of how to get in. It seemed a near impenetrable fortress, maid of a mixture of stone and wrought iron and steel. The walls went up for hundreds of feet and beyond that, stone towers reinforced and lined with metal stood tall above the crowds along the outer ring. Cassius had no doubt there were, at the very least, lookouts up there to survey the crowds from a bird's eye view. He grunted in annoyance before turning his attention back to the kid.

@Fuentes wrote:
He noticed those towers that were around the arena from before, judging from how high up they were it was clear Baioretto wasn't alone, if he decided to react to this man and initiate a fight it wouldn't probably be deadly to him but to those around him it was going to be a problem, see these towers all featured metal lining which would suffice for a means of travel, but that was a bridge Baioretto would cross when the time came.

These two excerpts are Fuentes aka myself and Cassius putting the towers into perspective of the members given their initial involvement were very vague and offered a very loose concept, this put things in a more realistic view.

Now to the battle

Corbin via NPC wrote:the hand demanded before being cut off by the force of Yuurei's attack and damage to the arena, nearly being knocked off his feet as he and everyone around him began to stumble. His Kenbunshoku now in full swing, Corbin's composure showed signs of wavering before regathering itself. "Fuck, fuck, fucking shit! God dammit, you, merchant boy! Wanna make yourself useful? Come with me." Corbin demanded, pulling out his blade and rushing towards the entrance to the arena and Queen.

This is the reaction Corbin who is quite formidable had to the reaction of Yuurei's attack. Going from arresting Baioretto (Fuentes) to asking him to become an ally.

@Fuentes wrote: The soldier who was detaining Baioretto told the pirate to follow him as he turned and took off running, the gap  hadn't surpassed 2.3 meters before Baioretto took off at his top speed, his right arm charged with electricity, his intent wasn't violent, no it was something far more relaxed, this wasn't violence this was vindication in someone who was committed to their cause and that was assuring the next great wave of piracy and shifting the culture! When the soldier took off Baioretto was directly behind him in a line sense which made this attack that much more streamlined, the punch was named directly at the back of the soldiers neck, "100,000 Kata" was the name of this attack, it was one of Baioretto's strongest moves he had in his arsenal, his movements were so fast and swift his lower half was almost lightning and he left the ground so fast that the dust from his feet hadn't even left the ground during his movements as the air around him didn't catch up quick enough, the strength and velocity within this fist was enough to put this man down and keep him there, but not kill him as that wasn't what Baioretto came for. Hypothetically if Baioretto didn't get the benefit of the snipers turning around, the second the movement would get a bullet shot towards Baioretto, he'd go into the blade occupied by Corbin the Soldier, it was all about the potency of that right fist.

This is Baioretto initiating his attack.

Corbin via The Janitor (NPC) wrote:Events unfolded within the execution arena that shook the surrounding area and put everyone within on guard. The snipers that were set up around the roof of the colosseum were weak in their own rights, but in spite of their physical shortcomings, they were trained soldiers able to maintain composure in all but the most fear-inducing of situations. The quake within the arena was alarming and caught the attention of some, but many of the outward-facing snipers were able to ignore the commotion in pursuit of their predetermined duties. Corbin a far more formidable soldier couldn't even keep his focus during all that commotion going as far as to recruit a random merchant he was about to arrest to aid him in an unnamed task. So these beat snipers for the marines who weren't even worth a name seem to have more training?

Several of the snipers had been keeping an eye on Corbin in the plaza, especially after they had been communicated with via radio of the situation that had been arising between a couple of the passersby, but also of one, purple-haired individual. Corbin had chosen to request the man to follow him without placing him under arrest, which prompted the individual to turn violent. In a split second, Baioretto turned to lightning and zapped across the space between them to attack Corbin whilst his back was turned. This notion of "communication had never happened in the topic, so its inclusion is metagame to the fullest, especially after that explosion pulled their attention away.

The spacing between the snipers and the two they were eyeing gave them ample room and a vantage point to see the movements beginning. As soon as Bairetto's lower half began to shift into lightning one of the snipers would unleash a seastone bullet towards them. Placed as a warning shot, the sniper would fire at Baioretto's shoulder to wound rather than kill. Of course, through his own reactions, Bairetto would react to the shot and place himself in Corbin's sword to avoid the bullet. They are over 200 meters away, and I'm 2.3 meters from Corbin, even if they could fully focus on me, reacting in that window is wild and very unrealistic, because their perception may be 7 but their speed is 0. Not to mention having the ability to aim and all of that while not even having the proper amount of time to even initiate any attack let alone a lined up shot

With the noise from the sniper firing and the flash of light behind him, Corbin would quickly grip the hilt of the blade at his side and, before even drawing it, coat the blade in Busoshoku Haki. As the haki coverage is merely a layer on top of the conductive material, it'd create a makeshift cage for Baioretto. Even if the light did flash and what not Baioretto was moving at 9 and Corbin couldn't perceive that if   I tapped him on the shoulder with his own finger. The more compelling problem of that? he drew his blade the minute he took off, as according to the above excerpt.

The red is me by the way. I think my attack should land clean and I be on my marry way, given the way things played out via the odd form of metagaming via communication. Had the snipers initiated conversation among themselves to keep conversation on the individual aka Fuentes it would make more sense but Corbin never once communicated with them nor would any of them have the speed/reaction time to stop Fuentes who isn't even 8 feet from Corbin. Also his sword was drawn when he turned and took off yet it isn't drawn when he was turned around and somehow reacted.

2 Re: Dispute: An Emerald in The Rough on Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:44 pm

Devroux

Admin

@The Janitor wrote:

As the fleet's of bodies fell to their knees, only one man remained standing. Even the Mink had fallen at the man's command, and inching closer, now about ten meters away the Swordsman Corbin. "Your face looks familiar... Like I've seen it somewhere..." Corbin announced, as his hand rested firmly on his hilt, it'd be at this point he'd stop right in his steps. He'd be on high alert, his Kenbunshoku wasn't at a stage of needing activation, just a trigger, the slightest of actions and it'd be in effect, even those way far superior to his own merit. However, Corbin simply wanted to quell the uprising, and with his voice, that goal was accomplished, the next bit was investigating. "The one who remains standing... Step forward. In the name of the Queen, I'll be detaining you until this execution is over." Corbin announced. It'd be at this point from fifty feet off the ground, that the Sniper facing this direction turned their attentions to the squabble between their boss, the Hand, and the random stranger, they'd lock their scopes onto his being, of the placed snipers, five of them would've been focused on the purple haired stranger. However, no actions would've been taken, no intent to kill released, everything was just paranoia to ensure everything goes as planned.
Page 1, Post 13

First, "Radio communication" is flavor text and used for world building. They were already well aware of the situation arising between Corbin and Baioretto by the time the attack was initiated. As explained in the above passage, Corbin is one of the Five Hands, an important figure among them, so it'd be fairly obvious they'd pay attention to him, especially when he makes a scene like shouting and freezing people within a 25 meter radius. This can even be further explained away by the fact that they had ample time to spot Corbin, as he'd already gone through interactions between the ticket peddler, Cassius, and Phoebe. Essentially, the radio communication is a retro-explanation as to how they did it, but has no actual merit in why they shouldn't be looking at him in the current post when they were already looking at him to begin with.

@Fuentes wrote:... made Baioretto wanna get involved that much more as he felt the battlefield calling him. The immediate panic caused all the snipers to focus on the battlefield because it wouldn't make any sense for them to not be focused after an attack that potent was set off. The soldier who was detaining Baioretto told the pirate to follow him as he turned and took off running...
Second, I'd also like to state that it's not within a PC's ability to explain what the NPCs are doing or there for. The snipers are there to make sure the execution is held without an uprising, but with pirates and Revolutionaries running rampant in the world, it'd be guaranteed that not all of the snipers would be inward facing. It's pretty obvious that some of them would be facing outwards to prevent the anyone in the crowd from starting something that would release some of the already-capture high-level bounties inside.

Third, Corbin wasn't ever explained to have "lost focus" during the tremor caused by Yuurei's attack. His attention switching to the execution can also be explained by his position as one of the Five Hands. Him being on the outside of the arena for the moment wasn't intended to be a permanent situation, so if something major happens within where the Five Hands (the most trusted soldiers) might be needed. This cannot be considered to be the same for one of the snipers that is up and away from the Yuurei's tremor. Being so high up in the building, they'd barely feel it in comparison to Corbin, who was on the ground just outside the arena. They all have their jobs, some of the snipers watch the crowd within, some watch the crowd outside (or Baioretta as of Post 13), and Corbin has to be flexible to deal with the biggest threat at the moment.

@NPC wrote:

Raising an eyebrow in disbelief, Corbin stared holes into Baioretto's eyes. "You really think I'm that stupid? A merchant with a will like that, and haki so unrefined and blatant? This is something else. Now just come quietly and don-" the hand demanded before being cut off by the force of Yuurei's attack and damage to the arena, nearly being knocked off his feet as he and everyone around him began to stumble. His Kenbunshoku now in full swing, Corbin's composure showed signs of wavering before regathering itself. "Fuck, fuck, fucking shit! God dammit, you, merchant boy! Wanna make yourself useful? Come with me." Corbin demanded, pulling out his blade and rushing towards the entrance to the arena and Queen.
Nowhere in this exert does it state that he's lost focus. Corbin simply switched his attention from the argument outside to a major event within the arena, which, like I said, he'd prioritize as one of the Five Hands.

However, as highlighted, his Kenbunshoku Haki is active via this post, meaning it'd be active when Baioretto initiates his attack. This is not to say that Corbin would be able to react in time to everything that happens behind him, but it wouldn't be far-fetched for him to react to the bullet shot from the sniper and cover his weapon with Busoshoku in that moment.

@Fuentes wrote:Baioretto couldn't help but wonder if Issho was involved in whatever attack that was out there as he knew his future swordsman was a very potent warrior. This made Baioretto wanna get involved that much more as he felt the battlefield calling him. The immediate panic caused all the snipers to focus on the battlefield because it wouldn't make any sense for them to not be focused after an attack that potent was set off. The soldier who was detaining Baioretto told the pirate to follow him as he turned and took off running, the gap  hadn't surpassed 2.3 meters before Baioretto took off at his top speed, his right arm charged with electricity, his intent wasn't violent, no it was something far more relaxed, this wasn't violence this was vindication in someone who was committed to their cause and that was assuring the next great wave of piracy and shifting the culture! When the soldier took off Baioretto was directly behind him in a line sense which made this attack that much more streamlined, the punch was named directly at the back of the soldiers neck, "100,000 Kata" was the name of this attack, it was one of Baioretto's strongest moves he had in his arsenal, his movements were so fast and swift his lower half was almost lightning and he left the ground so fast that the dust from his feet hadn't even left the ground during his movements as the air around him didn't catch up quick enough, the strength and velocity within this fist was enough to put this man down and keep him there, but not kill him as that wasn't what Baioretto came for. Hypothetically if Baioretto didn't get the benefit of the snipers turning around, the second the movement would get a bullet shot towards Baioretto, he'd go into the blade occupied by Corbin the Soldier, it was all about the potency of that right fist.
Regardless of what the text says, Baioretto is not capable of instantly activating the speed that he'd gain from the Goro Goro. Not only does he not use a movement skill, but there's an activation time for him to change his physical body into lightning in order to use the speed it grants. As his natural speed is 0, there is a greater time differential than there otherwise would be. As understood and agreed with in the Lightning Kata approval thread:

@Kaito wrote:What I will say, is your activation time on this skill would be your characters own. Meaning, though the attacks might move at that rate, the initial setup wouldn't so the movement itself would clock in at 9, whereas his actual pacing before and after would essentially be his human forms own.
@The Janitor wrote:

The spacing between the snipers and the two they were eyeing gave them ample room and a vantage point to see the movements beginning.] As soon as Bairetto's lower half began to shift into lightning one of the snipers would unleash a seastone bullet towards them. Placed as a warning shot, the sniper would fire at Baioretto's shoulder to wound rather than kill. Of course, through his own reactions, Bairetto would react to the shot and place himself in Corbin's sword to avoid the bullet.

With the noise from the sniper firing and the flash of light behind him, Corbin would quickly grip the hilt of the blade at his side and, before even drawing it, coat the blade in Busoshoku Haki. As the haki coverage is merely a layer on top of the conductive material, it'd create a makeshift cage for Baioretto.
The distance between the snipers and Corbin was never stated to be 200 meters and that's a ridiculous statement to make as if it were fact. Cassius explained that the walls were hundreds of feet high and tries to say that there were lookouts up that high, but it was also later explain that a sniper was a mere 50 feet up the wall looking out over the crowd. As shown here:
@The Janitor wrote:

... you until this execution is over." Corbin announced. It'd be at this point from fifty feet off the ground, that the Sniper facing this direction turned their attentions to the squabble between their boss, the Hand, and the random stranger, they'd lock their scopes onto his being, of the placed snipers, five of them would've been focused on the purple haired stranger. However, no actions would've been taken, no intent to kill released, everything was just paranoia to ensure everything goes as planned.

That being said, the snipers had been watching the two of them to begin with, as previously shown. If some of them were already watching them, they'd see the Goro Goro activation begin and be able to fire. Both Baioretto and the snipers have 0 Speed, but the 7 Perception of the snipers against the Goro Goro activation of 0 Speed would be enough for them to fire almost as fast as it began. From there, the 5 Speed bullet would fly in a downwards angle towards their target - a great deal faster than the activation time.

@Fuentes wrote:Hypothetically if Baioretto didn't get the benefit of the snipers turning around, the second the movement would get a bullet shot towards Baioretto, he'd go into the blade occupied by Corbin the Soldier, it was all about the potency of that right fist.
This is the last line of Baioretto's attack. This conditional only states that he moves into Corbin's blade if the snipers took a shot, it does not say that it'd be after the attack or only if he'd be shot, it just states that if they take a shot (which they did), he'd go into the sword.

Snipers take a shot before he's fully in Goro Goro, which means he reacts via the conditional to enter Corbin's sword, and even though Corbin has 5 Speed, his Kenbunshoku Haki is active making his reaction to the entrance simple and brisk.

Granted, there are gaps that show a miscommunication between the two NPCers, but that's guaranteed to happen and doesn't change the result. If the sword is in Corbin's hand, it'd make the reaction and Busoshoku coating that much faster, but I reiterate, it doesn't matter. The sword being sheathed or in-hand is irrelevant because neither of them were used for the defense, he doesn't need to draw it quickly in order to defend himself, he simply needs to trap Baioretto within through the use of Busoshoku.

3 Re: Dispute: An Emerald in The Rough on Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:48 pm

Aku Soku Zan

Marine
Marine

So. Much. Writing.

Dev's post has no problems where it should be voided outright or partially. He doesn't connect hits and any inconsistencies for perfect combat circumstances can only be done after Fuentes posts.

4 Re: Dispute: An Emerald in The Rough on Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:02 pm

Fuentes

Supernova
Supernova

Can this be worded differently.

5 Re: Dispute: An Emerald in The Rough on Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:11 pm

The Janitor

Deva
Deva

Fina Decision: Mistakes that are actually in ANYONE's post aren't going to be elaborated on until Fuentes, or whoeover BEFORE A CONFLICT, actually posts figuring out those mistakes. Unless someone has actually voidable things fully or partially in their post a combat mod isn't giving free help.

A sniper reacts to activation of a skill as their base 0 Speed is equal to Fuentes's 0 as quoted by Dev for his skills. Dev's post has nothing to be voided besides the Haki trapping which isn't even in his post. 7 Perception Snipers=sight doesn't matter, sniper's facing direction doesn't matter and therefore same for radio. Wall blocking the snipers isn't concrete either; descriptions don't even mention them. There's a group of snipers so it's not unreasonable Yuurei doesn't distract every one. 0 speed activation time as noted by Dev, and Perception can preempt easier. Distances and all descriptions are far too vague.

It's proposed if people like Fuentes want people's posts partially or fully voided before "Fuentes" for example posts IC, then "Dev" should get to edit.

@Devroux @Noctis @Fuentes

OCC: Stop holding up the event :/

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum