Strawhat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Canon One Piece RolePlay

NEWS
Hello and welcome to Strawhats! We hope you have fun and enjoy the site.
If you have any questions jump in our chatbox and ask away.
You can also join our site Discord chat here! *https://discord.gg/wPDvuRc*
Our current ongoing events is: N/A
* = links
STAFF LIST
OWNER
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/admin_13.png
ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/kaito_11.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/devrou10.png https://i.imgur.com/1vaJQJc.png https://i.imgur.com/HBb1nBA.png
MODERATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/noctis10.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/18/53/44/60/sofiai10.png https://i.imgur.com/x2u1mnO.png
Latest topics
» Is this site back?
The Black and Blue Plague EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:22 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald UnderWorld
The Black and Blue Plague EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 am by Poopy Face

» Kill Fidel D Marx
The Black and Blue Plague EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 8:06 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald Chains
The Black and Blue Plague EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 10:25 am by Poopy Face

» Gladius Naruto RP
The Black and Blue Plague EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 8:48 am by Guest

» Stamina System
The Black and Blue Plague EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 1:24 pm by Admin

» Attributes System
The Black and Blue Plague EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 pm by Admin

» Makyu von Hellman
The Black and Blue Plague EmptySun May 16, 2021 7:08 pm by Makyu

» Grains of Sand
The Black and Blue Plague EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 pm by Deep Bloo

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Statistics
We have 430 registered users
The newest registered user is Mercedes70

Our users have posted a total of 25717 messages in 3809 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Black and Blue Plague Empty The Black and Blue Plague Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:19 pm

Kappa

Supernova
Supernova

Kappa
Gil tap tap tapped his index finger on the arm of his wooden chair. His other hand curled around his face, massaging out the stress. Another of the allies of the Calico Pirates had fallen. Baltigo was proving to be a dangerous trial. Enemies around every corner. Beady eyes peering out from every shadow. A knife in every hidden hand. A fly on every wall. Gil was beginning to feel suffocated. He hadn't really known doubt all too well before, but he could feel the creeping inadequacy. Like an infection of the mind. But he couldn't fold that easily. He had to remind himself that he had people that were relying on him now.

These mean streets were not being kind to them. So he would be mean back. But how could he deal with a threat such as a district Kingpin? He wasn't used to these power games at all. The fishman was more comfortable following whatever Jackal wanted to do, but he had to shoulder responsibility at some point. He needed to grow if he was going to be effective on this strange island. He was getting there, though. Through his deal with the fourth district and living and breathing the Baltigo air, he was acclimatising. He had decided to take action soon. But what form would that take?

Two new recruits had signed up to the crew. He had called to meet them today. It would be useful to assess their capabilities to see of what use they could be. He hadn't had much involvement in meeting the now dead female mink who had recently joined, which he regretted a little. Gil thought that maybe if he had involved himself a bit more, he could have had gained some sort of insight that could have proved useful for changing their future into one even slightly more positive. He was considered the second in command, wasn't he? Then it made sense that he should take responsibilities such as this.

He watched the door, waiting for the men to arrive. The meeting location was a little non-descript hideout in the Null District. A hut amongst an industrial landfill that used to serve as a salvaging and repairs workshop before it was abandoned.

items: spear pistol, water dial, snow waver

2The Black and Blue Plague Empty Re: The Black and Blue Plague Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:14 pm

Spook

Pirate
Pirate

Spook

SPOOK.

An invitation had been sent to Spook from one of his crew members. Someone he hadn't met yet, so it was time to meet this person and get known on a first name basis. Hell, maybe at the end of this adventure their friendship had level to such a point where one could use the bathroom of another friends house for a big message, after all - it took a special level of friendship to allow such acts. Taking a shit in your friends apartment requires the same level of friendship as helping them move out of their place and into a new one. That's usually a pain in the ass as well.

Spook had arrived on the streets of Baltigo a hot minute ago. He wasn't very familiar with the underworld, but definitely was interested. His quest was gold, and lots and lots of it. The place where the meeting is going to be was a sketchy, yet non-sketchy hideout. Spook had no idea how to arrive at the hideout, some might call it a hidden place. Now Spook had a few favors he could ask, he used those in order to find out where the hideout is. Ended up owing a few favors to those contacts to ensure nobody else could find out in case someone tried finding out where it was. The key to the success of this incognito operandi was the outfit. Nothing too flashy, yet deadly in it's own rights. What if this was from a bounty hunter - seeking the treasure of his corpse. But he'd doubt a bounty hunter going through this kind of effort to gain his measly ten million.

So he set onwards. The hut mentioned to him was at a landfill. To get there, you have to pass it first. Needlessly said, Spook saw some gems among the trash and collected a few screws and bolts. At last, the hut was in sight. A classic wooden door stood between him, the hut and whoever was in it.

Two knocks.

“Open sesame„

Those idiot ass contacts threw in a big troll on his ass, they told him to say that upon entry. Once that was done, he opened the door. In the hut a man that looked like a turtle who ate the hito hito ni mi. It was hard for him to exchange words at first. The mans eyes were as black as the night, Spook couldn't tell where he was looking. This made it hard for him to analyze him. Even though he had a humanoid form, completely analysing his species wasn't going to be easy.

“'tis I, Spook of Salvator„

After giving a sort of half bow, he'd turn to face this fish man again.

+5 doriki to will

3The Black and Blue Plague Empty Re: The Black and Blue Plague Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:23 pm

Justice

Pirate
Pirate

Justice

Knockin' over
some pins

It was a couple of days ago since Lucas got the invitation from a fellow crew member. It was one he had not interacting with at all. As far as he knew everyone else except Jackal was dead. Spook was the only two others in the bar. Assumptions were a bad habit of his. Lucas was a bit excited at the idea of being summoned by someone else in the crew to work with. A small crew sure but still co-workers. A bond needed to be created before he could call the other three family members. The invitation had the location set in a more nasty portion of Baltigo. Then again, the whole of Baltigo was nasty, between the underworld and the industrious look of the island it was all pretty dirty. Regardless a job is a job so he was not one to complain. He made his way over to one of the many landfills that existed on the island.

The meeting was supposed to take place in a shack that looked no less than suspect. In a way, no one would suspect a meeting in a garbage heap. The Calico pirates did not have the luxury of sitting at known locations. Being on everyone's hit list was a pretty big problem. He got to the shack several minutes after Spook. He knocked two times and pushed the door open. He found Spook and someone else there. A green man who looked like he was not of this world. With his reptilian look, it was a devil fruit or a Fishman possibly.

"Lucas Sturm, I am guessing since spook is here this must be the right place." He said this while looking around. it took every bit of willpower to not stare intently at the individual that sat before them. So to make sure there was no form of awkward silence that followed, "What's the job?"

4The Black and Blue Plague Empty Re: The Black and Blue Plague Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:14 am

Kappa

Supernova
Supernova

Kappa
The sound of knuckles rapping on the door across from him pulled Gil out of his head. A voice accompanied it, strangely chanting a type of seed. Following this was the entrance of a large male human with sharply cut features. The appearance brought the fishman to his feet, his body bending into a tort, straight posture. Every movement measured. Precise yet effortless. A tailored charcoal jacket and waterproof wetsuit-esque getup clung to his green skin. His hands clasped behind his back and heels together, he stood to attention and bowed his head in humble response to this Spook's self introduction.

He opened his mouth to speak but was then interrupted by the appearance of an even larger human male in the doorway. He seemed to recognise Spook, which gave the fishman more confidence that they were indeed who he was expecting. He bowed his head to the second man in the same fashion. So these were the men who had answered the call of the Bandit King. A pair of orbs watched them, black as the darkest sea trench. What expectations did they have for the crew? What did they hope to gain by committing themselves to such a dangerous path?

"Thank you for coming. The job will come, but there are some things I wish to discuss with you first." He began to walk along the back of the room and toward a work bench with some stools underneath. The place was remarkably clean for what was an abandoned workshop. In fact, Gil had spent some time scrubbing the interior with his jujutsu for the sake of sanitation.

"Take a seat, if you like."
He gestured to the stools. It would be obvious to the men at this point that the fishman was a tad deficient in his social aptitude. His sentences were slightly disjointed as he struggled to find a way to begin the conversation. It didn't help that at this point, Gil cupped his hands in front of him and coughed into them. He then proceeded to smear the fluid he had just expelled onto his skin, moisturising himself with his own goo.
Spoiler:

"My name is Gilbard Noam. A doctor. I've been working with Jackal for oh, a year and a half now I think."
He had to pause and think back. Had it really been that long? The time seemed to just fly by. And to think he had been a solitary creature that fled from the light of day at the time. Now he was in all kinds of trouble, realising that it was nigh impossible to deny the label of pirate at this point. "He is a young captain, but in time, he will earn your respect just like he has done mine."

"I presume you're here because you want to be a part of the Calico Pirates. In case you've found your way here while being ignorant of our enemies, I will bring them to your attention. We are in the middle of a bloody feud with Mother, the Kingpin of the Second District. She has slain many of our comrades already. There's a decent chance that your life will end by her hands in the near future if you ally with us. It would be best for you to leave now if you wished to live out a long life. Oh and uh, I think we're at war with the World Government or something." To say that they were on the front lines was no overstatement. This dirty, corpse filled path they had found themselves on had begun to take a toll. As much as he had hated the desert heat back then, Sandy Island could be seen as fond memories by comparison. The purpose of this speech was to scare the men. Not that they looked like wimps, or men that weren't up to the challenge, but if they lacked the will to stand against his words now, then they stood no chance in this pirate's life.

He would wait for a few seconds to give them a chance to reply or leave if they wished to do so. "I would like to know of what use you can be to the crew, as well as what you wish to get in return by joining. Also, if you have any questions for me, now is the time."

5The Black and Blue Plague Empty Re: The Black and Blue Plague Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:25 pm

Spook

Pirate
Pirate

Spook

SPOOK.

After introducing himself to the fish-man; Spook immediately begun investigating the shack. Making sure that they weren't being wiretapped, or if he could find any bugs near the walls. The way he did this was by placing his ear against the wall every few inch. Midway his investigation, the door previously closed was opened again. No knocks this time, so Spook watched the door with anticipation. His hand already resting on his holster, his thumb itching the button needed to unlatch it. It was Lucas, they've met before. After seeing him, Spook removed his hand from the holster and gave Justice a greeting nod. When Justice came in, the fish-man started to explain some stuff about why they were called here. It sounded like the fish man was gonna set them some ground rules. Spook followed the figure as he talked. Listening was one of his strong-points, followed up by asking critical questions.

The man led them to a weird place, there was a work bench with certain tools laid out meticulously. The scent was familiar. This place was his crewmates' place of work. If Spooks observational powers were more powerful, he'd have noticed that this man was a doctor. Instead he was left guessing. Two wooden chairs, and Spook could pick any one of them. Interesting; why offer to sit down this way? "Take a seat, if you like?" Was this an attempt at coercion? Like when a coke dealer asks you how much cocaine you want. They never directly ask that. Spook knew it was his paranoia hitting him again. Better just sit down and pretend to be normal. Of course, Spook quickly sat on the nice looking chair and not the other, old crickety chair - where an obvious print of asscheeks were embedded into the wood from years of use.

“'that's cool, you're a doctor

I've known one guy who was a patient once„

The man seemed pretty friendly. Making sure that they weren't forced to help them in this conquest, offering him and Lucas a way-out if they deemed what he required to be too difficult to accomplish. This wasn't exactly what Spook was looking for in a partnership. It wasn't easy, sure, but to accomplish great things, risks where to be had. But now was time for things to get practical. No lame combat test, just putting facts on the table.

“I may have abilities that you cannot even imagine.„

Spook made sure that there was nobody else listening in. Since his abilities were a secret meant to be hidden. It wasn't hard to develop an entire strategy around what he was given.

“I can turn people into toys,

toys of my choosing.

I can also return the person back into a human.

I call out a word, 'Contract', and after saying this

word I can force a toy to do what I want.

It is of paramount importance that the marine's do not discover this secret„

After reaching down into his breast pocket to grab his cigarettes, he'd lit one with a golden zippo.

“The thing about my fruit that

makes it extra weird is; while turning someone into a toy

I can erase the memories that people have about that person.

Which means, I could turn the fleet admiral into a toy

and almost everyone would forget him.

Only those with high observational skills will notice.

If you want, I could demonstrate this ability„

Last edited by Spook on Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:39 am; edited 5 times in total

6The Black and Blue Plague Empty Re: The Black and Blue Plague Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:46 pm

Justice

Pirate
Pirate

Justice

Knockin' over
some pins

Lucas stood in front of the door for a moment, looking at the two. The green man who most likely called them to the place revealed some stools for the two to sit in. The place was an abandoned workshop, one from the looks of it would be a solid base of operations. Then again it would still be better for him to set up shop on the ship. Especially if they have to make a quick getaway Lucas wouldn't have to worry about moving everything to the ship. Lucas looked around the place while the individual spoke. "I am good standing," Lucas replied, then he saw the fish man cupped his hands. He coughed up an odd liquid and began to smear it all over his face and head. Lucas was no doubt caught off guard by it, but if anything it was intriguing. 'That is one way to stay wet on land.

I am guessing Fishman.'
That just made the crew more diverse, a Fishman, oriental, white human and a half mink. They were certainly hitting all their marks the only thing they were missing was a darker skinned individual. He introduced himself as Gilbard, which of course Lucas deemed the individual Gil, in his head. Was easier to keep track of. A doctor was no doubt nice to have on hand just in case they got into some dicey situations. Lucas continued to look around the workshop, searching the area for anything that could prove useful. Even if it was a simple toolbox Lucas could snatch it up and use it for later inventions.

Spook was also looking around the place but for his own reason. No doubt it would look suspicious that the two were automatically searching the area. Lucas found a toolbox, the outside was a faded red. While Gil spoke Lucas took the box to the workbench and began to look through it. "Look Gil, ya I am calling you that cause boss said use nicknames for obvious reasons. I can't speak for spook but I am no stranger to that kind of thing. People dying is the natural way of life. Best not to dwell on it, we are here to work, if we were cowards don't think we would have made it past day one of meeting the boss. He was knee deep in bodies." Lucas explained. Right after Spook was done surveying the area he spoke on his abilities.

Spook pointed out his abilities were beyond imagination and began to speak on his ability. The ability to turn people into toys was enough to make Lucas turn around and stare at Spook. The notion of being able to turn people into toys was exciting to Lucas, even was a bit cooler than he put it off to be. Well at least in Lucas's head he thought it was amazing. He hid his excitement to let Spook finish speaking. He offered to show off this ability but Lucas was pretty against the idea of being a toy, not that he wouldn't look like a cool action figure. The whole losing one's memory was not something he was too fond of.

"I will pass. On the toy thing. Uh, best I can explain my ability is I am a stone man. Anything containing traces of stone I can take over and do all sorts of things. Still trying to get a handle on it but eventually, I will be able to reshape islands on a whim most likely. Also, I am a scientist. Got the fruit after raiding places after they buster called Jaya when I was younger." Lucas shrugged and went back looking through the toolbox.

7The Black and Blue Plague Empty Re: The Black and Blue Plague Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:46 pm

Kappa

Supernova
Supernova

Kappa
The two recruits seemed comfortable enough to share information on themselves. They in turn explained that they were devil fruit eaters and both had strange powers to go along with it. Spook was right, Gil would have never imagined such a crazy ability could have existed. It was as though each new devil fruit reveal was stranger than the one before it. Was there no limit to the potential of this curse? Someone that can turn others into toys, force them to comply and then erase the memories of that person? The fishman's head began to spin. he could see why secrecy was important. If it was as he said, the potential of a tool such as that could be vital in the future. And the other had the potential to reshape whole islands? These were crazy abilities for sure. "I will need to pass on this information to Jackal, but I can keep it a secret apart from that if that is your request. I would be interested in seeing exactly how it works, but that can wait." Gil nodded as it all sunk in. He would share the day's events with the captain later on to make sure that he was caught up.

Lucas took the time to reassure him, letting him know that he was used to the fallout of this life. It was reassuring to hear, and his first impression of the two men told him that they were neither ignorant nor crazy. He raised his brow a fraction of an inch upon hearing of the state of their meeting with Jackal. Seeing the vicious consequences of crossing the mink for themselves and still showing up here was a qualification in a way. They were serious. Good. They needed men like these. Hopefully they wouldn't die as easily as the rest of their allies.

"Well then, the order of business is that of the threat of Mother. Things have been continuing to escalate. I am not sure what information you have on this war or the power struggles on Baltigo as a whole. I would recommend that you take any necessary steps to secure your own safety."
Gil began rummaging through his bag and pulled out a vial of fluid with brown goo floating around inside. "The wounds to both sides are becoming worse and worse. We can't let Jackal take on the kingpin by himself. We have to do what we can to back him up. Recently, I've been developing something with her in mind. A sickness to spread among her horde. An infection that ruptures your organs from the inside. I think that if this takes hold, we can score a meaningful blow without having to endanger ourselves on a battlefield." A biological weapon was what he was talking about. A targeted plague that would spread from person to person. It could be effective, but it could also fail. It wasn't like he had tested it in the field before, only on a small quarantined sample. But he did know that there was potential for it to be dangerous.

"There's a problem though. I don't have a way to effectively deploy it. How do you spread it through the air without infecting yourself? Lucas, does your science have any relevance here?"

8The Black and Blue Plague Empty Re: The Black and Blue Plague Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:36 pm

Spook

Pirate
Pirate

Spook

SPOOK.

Sadly Lucas didn't seem to want to implore Spook on his usual antics. That was a shame, since it had seem like a fun conversation he could have with him. Lucas later explained how he intended to use nicknames instead of their real names. Which was strange; since they weren't exactly revolutionary; but in the context of keeping his abilities hidden, it'd certainly help if Spook did the same. While Lucas was explaining what was on his mind, Spook sat down on a comfy chair and spoke his own bit. Sadly, they both seemed to pass - no interest in being turned into a toy. They'll witness his abilities sooner or later though, it could wait. Gilberto mentioned Mother, he's heard that name before. Couldn't exactly remember the specifics though. He listened carefully to what Gilberto had to say about the Mother. While talking, Spook took the opportunity to roll a spliff. This wasn't neccesarily a power-move, it's just the way Spook lived - not caring too much. When he mentioned safety, Spook instinctively began kissing his own arms. These were his guns, along with the real gun on his holster.

I'm not a fan of using chemical weapons to fight our enemy. It seems like whatever enemy we have, they have some morals that we disagree with. I can't imagine taking the moral high ground by using chemical weapons. It'll cause more revolting in the region. I suggest a more honorable path. Unless Captain intends to rule this patch of land with an iron fist.

Spook smoked the entire spliff with one big inhale. After preserving the smoke in his lungs for a hot minute, he exhaled and begun talking again. Giving the other people in the room an opportunity to speak before talking again.

If our enemy has the moral high ground we could instead vitally injure their combatants. They'd spend more resources on injured people rather than corpses.

Before finishing that sentence, Spook sharply looked Gilberto in the eyes. This, to Spook, was a test of his personality and insight. Did he lack these insights? Or was he smart enough that this was a better strategy, and instead made this plan based on his morals? Making him more of a moral driven person. An emotional one. Most of what he said was tomfoolery, he knew better than to let other people notice his analytical insight. This was the perfect moment to gain some insights.

There were other strategies that Spook had, that he would employ upon situations such as these. It'll all depend on their moral compass, and the enemies compass. Through his strategies, he can be ruthless - but in real life decisions, he'd try to stay at the 'good-side'.

Got any job for me?

Spook said, he'd feel bad about just watching from the sidelines.

9The Black and Blue Plague Empty Re: The Black and Blue Plague Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:56 pm

Justice

Pirate
Pirate

Justice

Knockin' over
some pins

Lucas sat out a couple of intact pieces of equipment. It was enough to half fill the full toolbox. The other unuseable half in the box would result in getting thrown out. Lucas tossed the other tools out of the rusted toolbox while Gil processed all of this information. He spoke about keeping a secret but Ears was already aware of his abilities. He saw first hand what his devil fruit could do. Even in a baby state, his devil fruit was dangerous. He wasn’t aware of the name but it went by Ishi Ishi no mi. “He already knows about my abilities, we raided a warehouse together.” (This voyage is taking place after the warehouse raid we are currently doing for development/timeline sake.)

Gil began to explain the situation of the Calico’s and Mother gang. It didn’t take a scientist to see things were getting pretty heated between the two factions. It didn’t help that Jackal had a high bounty so anyone with ambition took cracks at him. Wrong side of the law, and the raw end of a bad deal with everyone else. It was quite the pickle the crew was in, definitely kept things interesting for the most part. With the power struggles between factions, Baltigo was on the verge of a all out war no doubt. In the middle of the shit hurricane the Calico Pirates were in the middle. Gil pulled out a vial and began to explain it’s uses. Lucas turned around and approached the green man. He didn’t touch it due to lack of protective gear. He did still eyeball the liquid as it flowed around in the vial.

“A poison that causes internal organ failure. No doubt induce explosive moving of bodily fluids out of all orifices before death. Not a way to go. Borderline evil mastermind, but effective if it is done right.”
Looking at the biological weapon Lucas’s brain began to branch out different possibilities. Gil asked him directly how would he spread it.  

Before Lucas could respond Spook chimed in with his idea. He wasn’t really wrong about using a biological weapon. There was no real honor in taking them out with something like this. Not to mention it could be seen as cowardice. However effective weapons are often ones that eliminate a threat with minor effort. If used correctly this could do such a thing. “Playtime over there does have a point. I have to say it’s on the captain for this one. Me personally without a proper way to filter out the stuff turning it into a gas could be bad. Best way would be ingestion or injection. That does prove a different problem entirely. I could possibly think of a way but I want Jackal to make a choice before I waste time on a plan we won’t use. There is always a way, but if the Boss wants a more direct show of force then that's what we go with.” Lucas explained.

Spook chimed in right after which he wasn’t wrong but at the same time Lucas saw a problem in his statement. “Problem is injured people still pose a threat if left alone. If we wanna deal a blow and cause chaos, best to cut the head, off the snake. Without a head the body will die. Simple plan, tricky execution, figuratively and literally.” Lucas stood up and walked back over to the worktable.

“Its a odd situation, Spook and I have no ties to this situation. We didn’t know anyone who rolled with you guys before hand. All I can look at it is from my own perspective, you guys lost people. Personally, if it was someone who I cared about. I would crush the enemy with zero hesitation. Ya know with my own power, watch the life leave their eyes.”
For a moment Lucas had a flashback of the bodies left behind by the marines. The flashback ended just as fast as it came. A small pause came before continuing his train of thought. “Justice has a way of curving back at those who deserve it. But that is just me. Guess we need to have a meeting with everyone present before taking down Mother. For the moment let's address the job you called us here for.”

10The Black and Blue Plague Empty Re: The Black and Blue Plague Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:12 pm

Kappa

Supernova
Supernova

Kappa
Spook spoke up on the moral implications of the act of using the plague as a weapon. It wasn't something that was unexpected for Gilbard. A large majority of the people who had bore witness to his more intrusive studies had issue with them. He was no doubt considered an evil person by many standards. He had come across the idea of an honourable fight before, but it was unclear to him why these rules would apply to their situation in particular. What was most interesting to him was the man's talk of a 'moral high ground'. He wondered what exactly that entailed, or of what use that would be. He seemed to be implying that adhering to the moral centre of the local populous would garner them a favourable view and thereby decreasing chance of negative action by them. For all the Fishman knew, he could be right. Many aspects of what Spook talked about was outside his consideration or even outside his comprehension. Is this the sort of thing that needed to be considered if one is to rule?

It brought up a few thought tendrils flailing in the back of his mind for later pondering. What did the neutral parties think of their struggle, and what effect could those impart? How would people even find out that a mysterious sickness were to originate from them in the first place? What were the moral boundaries of the men in front of them and to what limit would they be hindered by them? Was this empathy or something else? Did it have any use or was it merely a prison? Maybe the alterior viewpoint had some use and could offer something more.

"Simply fighting against a prepared force could not hope to inflict the amount of destruction on a community that an effective virus could. If destroying the army is to prune off the leaves of a tree, then this could by comparison rot the tree down to it's roots. A whole town falling ill. The halt on production. Opportunity cost. A fortune in beli required for medical treatment, feeding and housing of the sick. Cutting off supply lines would only be one bonus as those that supply the fighting forces also fall sick. Society collapses like a tower of cards." His research was only experimental and these effects were only what could be. But he had seen, and read about, many cases of outbreaks. One thing he was sure about was that they had no hope of being able to deal a blow that trumped what an outbreak was capable of.

Lucas took the chance to speak up as well. They seemed to both know their own mind and rated their own insight highly. Speaking out against your commanding officer wouldn't stand in a structured group such as the marines. Gil had come to know some pirate groups where you would be beaten within an inch of your life for something like this which could be seen as disrespectful. He wondered what made them think that this crew would be any different? The larger man's attitude was odd to him. He made an appeal to authority, insisting that the captain be consulted. He couldn't think of why this would be important. Why would Gil not be able to act independently? Why would they discard the plan? To go over his head so brazenly was a dangerous quirk for someone who joined a pirate crew they knew nothing about. Regardless, Gil had no issue with this action on its own. As long as they adhered to the plan instead of acting alone when the time came.

They both were very sure of themselves when it came to talking about fighting Mother directly. "Vitally injure their combatants", "cut the head off the snake", "crush the enemy with zero hesitation". What compelled them to believe that they could even achieve this in the first place? Maybe they assumed that the Calico Pirates were already strong enough to achieve this or did they think that their input would be enough to destroy the Second District. Could it be ignorance and arrogance or maybe they did possess this strength themselves. The fishman's black eye measured their body language. They believed it, for all that he could tell. But who knew for sure. It would be best that Gil measure them himself so he could make up his own judgement. In the mean time, he remained skeptical of their bravado.

"Alright. Listen up." Gil reached into his bag and pulled out a crumpled invitation. It was ornately written, the curly calligraphy much to fancy to be practical. It invited the holder to a masquerade ball in the Second District. Address and other important details were listed. "We will be attending a ball in a few weeks. This is where the next battlefield will occur. I would like to prepare for this as best as we can. The enemy will have the home field advantage. And while we won't be announcing our attendance, I am certain that they will be ready for us regardless. I am not sure exactly why the captain has picked that time but it seems he is of similar mind as you all are. He prefers to be in the foreground, taking the fight head on."

"Spook, I would like you to gather knowledge on the layout of the venue. Whether that means securing some sort of floor plan or scouting it yourself. I want you to anticipate as best you can where people will come and go, where the main events will take place and then identify the best place to lay the traps. Mother's horde is numerous, make note of points of entry for reinforcements." Maybe this would prove too much of an ask for the new recruit. He had to wonder of what use this request would produce. But it was a task that no one of the current members could fill due to their faces being unknown. The prospect of having an ace hidden up his sleeve when the time came was just too good to turn down.

Gil pulled out a sealed canister with the label 'F79'. "I have a prototype irritant here that will be able to temporarily disable the weakest guests and allow us to move uninterrupted once the action starts. I will need your help, Lucas, to build a device to disperse it remotely." Gil thought this would be more in their ball park of moral code, with the weapon only causing temporary effects.

"As time is of the essence, I won't be consulting Jackal at this point in time." This was something that Gilbard Noam was asking them to participate in. If they still thought it more important to seek the approval of the Captain then they could do so, but that would have its own implications for the future. "Let's get to work."

11The Black and Blue Plague Empty Re: The Black and Blue Plague Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:51 pm

Spook

Pirate
Pirate

Spook

SPOOK.

It was pretty funny to see the scientist immediately divulge into the science behind the poison they were going to employ, rather than discuss the ethical decision that they had to make. It's enjoyable to know that there's people with technical know-how on the crew, they were certainly going to prove their salt in the long run. That was until Spook had made it known that there might be a moral objection. Spook hadn't quite worked out the dynamic between the captain and the rest of the crew. Were they yes-men? Or were they professionals that knew what they were doing? While speaking, Spook made it a point to make eye-contact several times. It was hard to gauge what they actually thought. They spoke as pragmatists. Spook had doubts about becoming a pirate if this was the kind of life he was going to lead. He imagined it being a different kind of struggle. Using his mind as a weapon instead of tactless violence seemed more appealing. What Gilberd said had some merit, the occasion didn't exactly scream debate, so he let it be. Spook lacked the proper intelligence on the organisation of Mother to make a solid argument against any plan.

When the argument was settled, Gilberd reached into his bag and pulled out something interesting. It contained details of a masquerade ball in a district nearby. The plan was to commit an assault during this ball. Spook figured that this is going to be a silent arrangement, and that they go loud at one point of the assault. That wasn't going to be the case. Immediately, Spook began scratching the back of his head. When his instructions were given, he immediately made a plan mentally.

Since we're taking the path less traveled, I could use this scouting opportunity to get a seperate 'valid' invitation to the ball. They don't know my affiliation to the crew; could help laying the traps at the night of easier. I'll make sure to come back with a detailed drawing, and a copy of that drawing with potential flanks - and if we need it, an exit strategy. Could you tell me about the purpose of the ball, it'll make my job easier gaining a valid invitation.

Spook made sure to remember every detail that was given to him. Since this task had some haste behind it, he decided to figure out a way in right away. This would require him leaving the shack and going to the district to start scouting, contacting contacts.

Alright, I'll be going now.

After copying the text of the invitation onto a piece of paper, he headed out.

//exit

12The Black and Blue Plague Empty Re: The Black and Blue Plague Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:37 pm

Justice

Pirate
Pirate

Justice

Knockin' over
some pins

Lucas finished sorting out what was useful in the toolbox and proceeded to pack things up. Gil began to speak on the matter of the virus. Something that potent was rather dangerous to keep around. Better to use it or destroy it but then again it was dependent on the Captains say so. It did make Lucas feel uneasy at its potency, something like that shouldn't be used on defenseless people. Even against the opposition, it danced on the line of morality to the point that he was unsure about it deep down. Granted he could conjure a giant made of stone and stomp on towns but there was a level of moderation. Something like a virus had no sense of values or ethics. It just destroyed anything in its path. He didn't comment on the possible effects of the virus just waited for his moment to speak patiently. Gil continued on by showing the invitation to a ball. No doubt the one Mother was hosting coming up soon. Everyone was who was a somebody got invited. He got up and walked over to get a closer look. He committed the address and writing to memory. He had his own way of getting into the ball. He was going to use the fact that no one knew who he was to maximum potential.

He gave spook orders but Lucas's mind had already been fixated on what he was going to do. Before Lucas could say anything Spook spoke up. He had the same idea it seems like. It would be better for Lucas and Spook to get into the party on their own merits for good reason. No one knew of their attachments to the crew. Having inside men to make sure everything came together with little to no problem was a must. “I will find a way in also. Like Spook they know nothing about me or who I am. It's better this way to look less suspicious. I know! I could get a job as a waiter before it all takes place.” Spook left shortly after, Lucas wanted to wait a moment before leaving too. Lucas walked over to the bench and grabbed the toolbox. “I gotta take this back to the ship, I need to get some work done. As for you Gil, it was a pleasure and I looked forward to working together with you.”

With that Lucas took the box and exited the hut. He went in the direction of the docks where he would find the crew's ship.

[Exit]

13The Black and Blue Plague Empty Re: The Black and Blue Plague Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:56 pm

Kappa

Supernova
Supernova

Kappa
The fishman looked down at the ball invitation. The reason that they were attending. Well, from what they had said so far, this would be up their alley. "This will be it. Where we attempt to kill Mother herself. That information would be useful." Just like they had said, themselves. Cut the head off the snake and such. This ball... It was a different sort of danger to the ones that they had faced on Sandy Island and Cactus Island. It stank something fierce.

Gilbard nodded as a goodbye as they went to leave. "Don't take too many risks." It looked like the Calico pirates had gained a couple of useful tools. As much as Gil was keen on using them to the maximum of their usefuleness, he would rather that they not play too dangerously. They could do without further losses. More than that, he wanted some stability for Jackal's sake. There was going to be plenty of risk once the ball actually started anyway. It would be better for them to save their bodies for that.

He sat down at the table, finally alone. He had better get to work as well. This leadership thing was too foreign. Back in the Conclave, he was used to receiving respect just for being an apostle. These two gave him the eyes like they were measuring him up with every second.

He sighed, massaging his temples. Overall, he was more confident now than he had been the day before. A burden shared is a burden divided and all that. The day of the ball was approaching. He could feel it. This would be the tipping point. The Calico Pirates versus the Second District. The melody was rising in amplitude, slowly climbing to what was to become a bloody crescendo.

14The Black and Blue Plague Empty Re: The Black and Blue Plague Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:45 pm

Spook

Pirate
Pirate

Spook

SPOOK.

[re-entry]

The night had come to its close, for the normal folk - not for Spook, who had done a line or two of some vague stuff before returning to the shack. With bloodshot eyes, and a five-o'clock shadow, he furiously struck his fist upon the door of the shack. Not being aware of his own power, he knocked down the door. So much for 'covert-super secretive ops'. When he returned from the theater, he'd walked through multiple festivals. And while still in festive jest, he became inebriated. Nobody was awake--that least bit was Spooks suspicions. Having grown up on a large piece of land, nobody ever minded him being loud. Shelves were being pulled open. It was amazing at how fast Spook made himself at home. After finding a bottle of translucent red stuff which Spook mistook for wine--he'd relax. No more stress. He took off his boots, and sat down on the most leathery couch available.

Unaware of the other person in the room.

A mild shock overcame Spook. Like he was caught naked in the shower. Specifically since he wasn't the type to hide his junk, but rather cover his nipples.

Aah--ohh!

Spoiler:

Spoken as if he was caught smoking a cigarette on the toilet. Those damn smoking-free buildings. By now, it was around five AM.

Right-ahh, ohh.. I've completed the assignment.

Spook opened his coat, and pulled out the security guard and flipped him, it landed tails on the ground. Spook had turned him into a coin to safely escort him from the premises. As far as he knew, they could extract the information from the guard by two ways; method one will involve releasing him as a toy, torturing him--method two was to just ask the toy the questions they need answered, since it was obedient to their commands anyway.

Alright, we shall--I shall release the security guard. And then interrobang him. Interrogate.

Spook stood up straight. Gathered himself mentally and physically, and then slowly lifted half his shirt up. Doing a weird kind of belly dance, into a spin, and then a clap.

Stand back everyone, I will unleash some powerful magic!

After making plenty of special effect noises with his voice, Spook simply touched the coin and released it into the human Security Guard. The ritual wasn't necessary per se.

ref: https://strawhats.rpg-board.net/t2836-internal-affairs
used: toy-jutsu+modification: https://strawhats.rpg-board.net/t2495-spook-hobi-hobi-no-mi-1

15The Black and Blue Plague Empty Re: The Black and Blue Plague Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:12 pm

Kappa

Supernova
Supernova

Kappa
The fishman had found a home on the floor of the workshop. He was sitting cross legged, his eyes staring into middle distance. He was meditating in his half-sleep trance. Time seemed to warp in his perspective. The sun making a notable arc across the sky while it seemed like only seconds had passed in the mean time. It was an important part of his prayer which involved in communicating with the sea through that which lived within him. A small bubble of water covered his body, shaping and reshaping with the small movements he maintained while mid-trance.

A rather noisy interruption kicked down the door in the form of the new recruit named Spook. Gil awoke, the water spilling into a puddle that was quickly pulled up and into a ball in his hand. "You're back already." He croaked, a fluid movement elevating him into a stand. Apparently Spook had already completed the assignment. He produced a coin, the fishman not putting together what it was at first. "I'll follow your lead. If you need help then call."

Gil took the advice and took several hasty steps backward until his back was against the wall. He stared at the coin on the floor like it was a bomb that was about to go off. He was still getting used to all the strange potential that these devil's fruit brought with them. Whats more, Spooks weird movements didn't help to reassure him, the man was making all sorts of peculiar movements and words.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum