Strawhat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Canon One Piece RolePlay

NEWS
Hello and welcome to Strawhats! We hope you have fun and enjoy the site.
If you have any questions jump in our chatbox and ask away.
You can also join our site Discord chat here! *https://discord.gg/wPDvuRc*
Our current ongoing events is: N/A
* = links
STAFF LIST
OWNER
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/admin_13.png
ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/kaito_11.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/devrou10.png https://i.imgur.com/1vaJQJc.png https://i.imgur.com/HBb1nBA.png
MODERATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/noctis10.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/18/53/44/60/sofiai10.png https://i.imgur.com/x2u1mnO.png
Latest topics
» Is this site back?
Three Sheets to the Wind [V] EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:22 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald UnderWorld
Three Sheets to the Wind [V] EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 am by Poopy Face

» Kill Fidel D Marx
Three Sheets to the Wind [V] EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 8:06 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald Chains
Three Sheets to the Wind [V] EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 10:25 am by Poopy Face

» Gladius Naruto RP
Three Sheets to the Wind [V] EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 8:48 am by Guest

» Stamina System
Three Sheets to the Wind [V] EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 1:24 pm by Admin

» Attributes System
Three Sheets to the Wind [V] EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 pm by Admin

» Makyu von Hellman
Three Sheets to the Wind [V] EmptySun May 16, 2021 7:08 pm by Makyu

» Grains of Sand
Three Sheets to the Wind [V] EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 pm by Deep Bloo

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Statistics
We have 430 registered users
The newest registered user is Mercedes70

Our users have posted a total of 25717 messages in 3809 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Three Sheets to the Wind [V] Empty Three Sheets to the Wind [V] Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:52 pm

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Noctis

2Three Sheets to the Wind [V] Empty Re: Three Sheets to the Wind [V] Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:16 pm

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Noctis

Three Sheets to the Wind

Noctis slowly and carefully limped along behind Devroux, the brace he had received earlier from Cassius doing wonders for his ability to remain standing. The pair were still hurting from their encounter with Adder, though Noctis was in fire more dire straits than Devroux. Finding a medical professional to work on them was proving to be exceptionally difficult, on account of their new notoriety as well as the general outlook and willingness to ream prospective patients for every penny they owned. It was for that reason that visiting the Fifth District was impossible.

Just as Noctis was about to give in and mention Goldov, the criminal and potentially murderous doctor who had mended his wounds from Garrolt Taylor, Noctis' Baby Den Den began to ring out from within his pocket. The fact that Devroux was right next to him meant that there was only one other option for who could be calling, Niko Goldov himself. The doctor had given Noctis a Baby Den Den as a sort of consolation for letting him study the longleg, so the conclusion was clear. With a groan, Noctis motioned for Devroux to stop for a moment while he hesitantly pulled the Den Den up to his ear.

"Hello..?" Noctis answered, as he waited from a response from the other end, moments later clattering could be heard in the background as if whoever had called had forgotten about it almost immediately. "Yeah, hey. You remember the dwarf, uh.... let me see here..." the voice on the other end was undeniably Goldov's, the sound of paper turning breaking the silence. "Three, you called her? She's up and active, and she's making quite the mess of my medical equipment so if you could get down here, that'd be great."

The tone with which Goldov ended the call was almost identical to that of a receptionist or a doctor simply requesting something from a patient, but for Noctis who had spent a reasonable amount of time with the man, the implications were more grim. The only time Niko Goldov ever sounded so clinical was when he was trying to restrain his bloodlust. Placing the Den Den back into his pocket, Noctis directed his attention to Devroux.

"Well, our decision's been made for us, seems like. I didn't want to bring you there, but my hands are tied." Noctis explained as he turned around and began to move in the direction of Goldov's clinic in the Ninth District. Motioning for Devroux to follow, Noctis began to explain more of the situation. "It's a long story, and I don't want to bore you with too much of the details... So I'll just tell you the most pertinent of the information."

Pacing along slowly, Noctis continued. "The man who just called is a doctor who goes by the name of Niko Goldov. But more than that, he's also a serial killer. Not exactly the most reputable or trustworthy of company, so be aware of that." After a brief pause to let the news sink in with Noctis' mink companion, he elaborated. "We're acquaintances through desperation on my part. He's the one who fixed me up after I scrapped with The People's Prince and was dropped off at his doorstep. He's also the one I was forced to go to when one of my... friends was in critical condition."

Noctis sighed again, the memory of his past interactions with Goldov stressing him out. "He's the type of man who will 'fix' you, but not without doing something horrifically invasive as his stipulation. The reason he called now wasn't in regards to our injuries, but rather my friend who I mentioned earlier. She's recovered and awake, and Goldov's getting impatient. If I don't get over there, she's going to be in danger."

Noctis stopped in place, in part because of his ankle's injury beginning to wear on him significantly even despite the hasty treatment it had gotten earlier, but also to conclude his debriefing with Devroux. "You don't have to come with, but if we go, the chances we'll get fixed up as well are high and it won't cost us a dime. Just know that the price will probably come elsewhere."

With the final ultimatum, Noctis pressed onward. Goldov's clinic was only minutes away, and time was of the essence.

Words: 729
Doriki: +5 to Strength/Power when using legs, +5 to Speed
Skills:
Gear: Baby Den Den Mushi, Kuroi
Notes: @Devroux

3Three Sheets to the Wind [V] Empty Re: Three Sheets to the Wind [V] Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:21 am

Devroux

Admin

Devroux

Three Sheets to the Wind

Having recently fled the docks after a chance encounter with the Bandit King and a considerate fishman there was plenty of things for Devroux to get lost in his head about. A mink that had made a name for himself had appeared before him, and with a little chat he had grown a little more as a person, if only in denial of the Bandit King’s way of thinking. The fishman, however, had left a more physical impact. Dev glanced at Noctis’ grotesque looking ankle, wincing a little at the sight of it, but it reminded him of his own wounds.

Clovis Adder had done a number on the duo, but he had definitely received the lesser damage thanks to Noctis’ close-range fighting. Still though, the broken rib, sore jaw, and most of all the constant breathing pain was a consistent reminder of their fight with the former associate of Garrolt Taylor. Dev was, however, confident that given enough time, he’d heal up just fine. He was mostly worried about how Noctis’ would fare if his leg sat the way it was for too much longer.

Noctis’ den den rang while he was deep in thought, bringing him back to reality for a split second. Just long enough for Noctis to lay down more information for him to ponder. This Goldov that Noctis spoke about sounded incredibly interesting, even if only for the danger that he posed. He couldn’t care less about the associate that Noctis was rushing to help, but if there was any reason to go, it was to gauge himself against someone that incited fear in his current ally.

Currently on a day off from working with Sam in the Seventh District, there was time for him to go and see what was up as well. “No, it’s okay. I’ll come with,” he said, quickening his pace to follow Noctis’ long stride.

Words: 315
Doriki: +5 to Strength
Gear: Yoru || Twin Kiridashi || Bart's Axe || Baby Den Den Mushi
Skills:
Notes: @Noctis

4Three Sheets to the Wind [V] Empty Re: Three Sheets to the Wind [V] Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:52 pm

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Noctis

Three Sheets to the Wind

As Devroux agreed and followed behind Noctis, the pair moved in silence. There was an air of anxiety and anticipation from both sides, and Noctis could tell that his mink comrade was curious. He couldn't blame Devroux for such curiosity however, as Goldov was certainly a character worth understanding or at least interacting with. Moments passed as tension seemed to mount, before Noctis came up to the derelict looking home, which acted as a face for Goldov's clinic.

Three Sheets to the Wind [V] Goldov11

Understanding Devroux's likely reaction, Noctis explained. "Goldov's place is beneath. I assume this front of his used to be his home, until he became as reclusive and paranoid as he is."

Pulling aside a rug along the dust-ridden wooden floor, Noctis revealed a somewhat small square panel that had been cut out of the floor and replaced. Pressing the panel downward let out a large, mechanical thunk, indicating to Noctis that he had let Goldov know he was here. After a few moments, the long extinguished fireplace made a distinct whir as air began to flow in from behind, the fireplace now unhinged from adjacent walls. Walking up to the fireplace, Noctis hoisted the structure to the side, revealing a staircase spiraling downward. "Don't worry, it'll lock behind us." Noctis said sarcastically, as he proceeded slowly down the stairs, putting as little pressure on his ankle as possible.

As Devroux followed behind, the fireplace ground its way back into place before sealing itself shut, leaving the pair in darkness. Noctis was already taking his time, even more than he would normally in these conditions, so the pitch black darkness didn't much bother him as he proceeded down the stairs, and as Devroux was a bat mink, Noctis was sure he would manage if not barely notice. After a couple of strenuous rotations down the stairwell, the pair arrived at the bottom, where a large iron door was illuminated dimly with red light. There were no handles along the door, nor any noteworthy features that would allow anyone to guess how to enter.

Just as Noctis reached to knock onto the entrance, it opened with Goldov casually moving out of the way of the closed fist, his Haki now clearly active from Noctis' perspective. "Good, you're here, your companion is quite remarkable, I'll tell you that much." Goldov announced, sending a passing glimpse over to Devroux, the doctor seeming to size him up and inspect him much like one would inspect a menu at a restaurant before dismissing it entirely. Immediately after the short exchange, Goldov turned around and pressed back into his clinic, as Noctis followed carefully behind.

The light in the clinic was fluorescent, much as you'd expect from a regular doctor's office or operating room. The clinic itself consisted of two rooms, the incredibly large open area where Goldov's office, operating table, and equipment were located, and his room where he slept. While the instruments and table were thoroughly cleaned to a medical standard, the flooring and walls were still stained with blood, and other visceral fluids. Despite the scene, the room managed to smell relatively tame, almost akin to a retirement home.

Falling into his office chair at one end of the room, Goldov stress-tapped along his leg. "This woman you brought, she can't remember anything from her past, yet the things I've seen her do in the past few hours alone..." the doctor trailed off as if lost in his own intrigue. Impatient, Noctis raised an eyebrow before bringing the man back to reality. "And...?"

Even then, Goldov sat in wonder for a few moments, "How should I phrase this... this woman, Three you called her?" Excitedly, Goldov snapped his attentions back to Noctis and Devroux, practically leaning forward out of his chair. "She's a savant! I've seen her instinctively perform procedures on cadavers that take months of dilligent study to understand, let alone perform."

With a sigh of relief, Noctis then asked what was truly on his mind. "And where is she now? If you didn't notice, I could use some of that treatment now." the longleg said, motioning to his splinted ankle.

"Oh, that's exactly why I'm so excited. Now I'll be able to observe how she treats live subjects, excuse me, patients." Goldov suspiciously elaborated, lumping in Devroux without even asking for his approval. "I had to sedate and lock her in my room to stop her from absolutely ransacking my supplies. But before I retrieve her, I just have to gather some preliminary information from your friend here. Nothing crazy, just name, age, species, sexual history. The usual stuff." Goldov sat back, waiting for the mink to answer so he could write it down. Rolling his eyes, Noctis immediately regretted exposing Devroux to such a unilateral man.

Words: 869
Skills:

5Three Sheets to the Wind [V] Empty Re: Three Sheets to the Wind [V] Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:04 am

Devroux

Admin

Devroux

Three Sheets to the Wind

Quietly, Devroux followed his long-leg partner to where this ‘Goldov’ was allegedly said to live. The room the duo walked into was damp and dirty, the windows having long since been broken and replaced with wooden covers. It wasn’t the house someone would think to come to live, let alone for medical treatment. As Noctis reached behind a panel, prompting the fireplace to be movable to the side, the mink’s interest was piqued and his current opinion of the residence was put on hold to explore its innards.

The concept of going down into a concealed area set Devroux with unease. Having his wings and ability of flight locked down underground was not something that sat well with him – never would. But trusting his partner, he again returned to following Noctis’ footsteps, the fireplace closing behind them and darkening and already dark passage downwards. The darkness, however, meant nothing to either of them. Noctis’ pace had already been slowed an unseemly amount due to the condition of his leg and the darkness didn’t really affect Devroux so long as he clicked his tongue regularly. The passage was small, so the slow clicking did wonders for his echolocation, making each step simple and swift – as swift as he could get following behind a gimp.

When they reached the bottom of the short staircase, they were met with a door swinging open to the sight of an old man. Noctis and he didn’t seem to react too much to each other, forcing him to assume that this was the Goldov that had been talked about. However, in the passing remarks that Goldov made towards Noctis, he managed to fit in a sly glance at the mink behind the long-leg, sending an eerie feeling shooting up Devroux’s spine. A feeling that in and of itself was ominous, being caused by an old doctor.

After that, the conversation devolved into something that Dev cared little about. Noctis and Goldov spoke briefly about another person, though the mink had yet to see anyone else. The fact that they’d casually mention another person currently here and the feeling that Goldov gave off made Devroux activate his Kenbunshoku Haki, if only for the security that it gave.

The mink’s eyes began to glow with a silver hue as he sensed the life within the area. A small – obscenely tiny – life in another room and the two he was already with were the only things he could spot. However, the aura of emotion surrounding Goldov shifted slightly as he turned his gaze back on Devroux, requesting some medical information out of him.

Dev’s silver eyes narrowed sharply, eyeing Goldov. The cold, clinical aura he was giving off – now much stronger through the use of Kenbunshoku Haki – was almost deafening in its silent desire. While dangerous, it wasn’t an emotion that gave off a feeling of fatal danger. The mink’s lungs hurt every time he breathed and Noctis trusted this man, at least as a doctor, so it was worth the gamble. If Goldov was really dangerous though, being underground put him at an innate advantage. It was purely a leap of faith.

“Devroux D. Alter. 24. Mink. No offspring,” he answered coldly.

Kenbunshoku Haki: 1/10

Words: 534
Gear: Yoru || Twin Kiridashi || Bart's Axe || Baby Den Den Mushi
Skills:
Notes:

6Three Sheets to the Wind [V] Empty Re: Three Sheets to the Wind [V] Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:29 am

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Noctis

Three Sheets to the Wind

"Good. Good." Goldov casually responded to the mink, giving Devroux one last look over before placing his clipboard back onto his desk. "Everything else seems to be in standard order. And son, don't exert yourself too much. I'm no threat to you, not now anyway. So you can stop prodding with your Color of Observation, it's distracting."

With that parting word of advice, Goldov stood up and approached the door to his room, where Three was currently being held. After a moment or so of jiggling the handle to the door, Goldov finally managed to unlock it and proceeded inside, shutting the door behind him. Silence lingered in the room for a moment, as Noctis took his seat atop one of the operating tables. "Things are going smoother than I anticipated, I'll be honest. You're probably alright to relax a bit." Noctis mentioned to Devroux, carefully unwrapping his splint and tossing the pieces of wood into a trash bin next to Goldov's vacant desk.

Three Sheets to the Wind [V] Tbd10

Seconds later, Goldov emerged, Three standing on the man's open and extended palm. Her eyes were groggy as if she had just woken up, and she rubbed them in a haze. As her vision cleared however, her eyes were immediately met with Devroux's intimidating form. Three's already pale face flushed as her eyes darted around before finding Noctis. Noctis was the only familiar figure that brought her any sense of comfort, though if the longleg was able to non-nonchalantly linger in Devroux's presence without so much as a worry, he must not be too terrible of a man.

Hopping from Goldov's hand and onto the operating table, Three's attention almost seemed locked onto Noctis' injury. "Go crazy." Goldov assured Three, sensing her hesitation to use his medical supplies after what had happened last time. Immediately, Three hopped down from the table and ran towards the back of the room where the supplies were located. As the dwarf began to open and close drawers almost in a trance, Goldov returned to his office chair, pulling his clipboard back into his hands and folding one leg over the other. "You're in her care now. Pretend I'm not even here."

"Uh huh... I'll be sure to do that." Noctis replied, sensing Goldov's borderline sarcastic tone. As the clatter came to an end behind them, Three pushed up a medical cart with a plethora of utensils and equipment. Bringing herself back onto the operating table, Three spoke for the first time since emerging. "Please lay down. How did you manage this anyway?"

"I.. uh... -Ah! Fucking hell that's cold!" Noctis retorted, as Three poured a small amount of liquid onto Noctis' ankle, rubbing it in with a cloth that was largely the size of her. Almost immediately, the pain in Noctis' ankle began to fade, replaced with a numbness that made him a bit uneasy. "A better question is where you know all of this from."

Increasing the pressure slightly, Three sent a dull radiating pain that caused Noctis to wince. "You're right, that IS a better question. One that I'd love to know the answer to as well." Three's response was filled with an irritation and vitriol that Noctis couldn't help but notice. Deciding not to press the issue about her memory any further, Noctis decided to just shut up. With Noctis' ankle now fully numbed with a local anesthetic, Three pulled a scalpel from the table. "You're gonna feel some pressure. Probably don't look."

Opting to heed her advice, Noctis pulled his head back down as he looked straight up at the lights above. The sensation in his ankle was incredibly unpleasant, but not painful, as Three went to work, diligently resetting Noctis' ankle and bringing the bones back in place. The operation took no more than an hour before Three sealed the incision she made with a glue. Covered in blood, Three didn't seem to mind or notice that much, as she turned to Devroux, now no longer intimidated by his appearance. "You're up next. Noctis, you can get off the table now."

Words: 955
Skills:

7Three Sheets to the Wind [V] Empty Re: Three Sheets to the Wind [V] Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:19 pm

Devroux

Admin

Devroux

Three Sheets to the Wind

As a person, instincts told Devroux that Goldov was a dangerous man and that he should tread lightly, but his observation haki spoke a different tale. Even if his instincts weren't wrong, the old man didn't currently pose a threat. Noctis backed Goldov further, pressing with a few more calming words. Rather than press his luck with those that were willing to help him, the mink chose to take his advice and quit his use of haki. Without further remarks, Goldov brought out the incredibly small being from the other room, the one that they had allegedly come to see.

It was a small, silver-haired dwarf. She looked sleepy, but when commanded by Goldov, she leapt from his hand and went to work without a fuss. The dwarf worked on Noctis, who had laid himself on the medical table, with complete focus and an utter disregard for things that went on around them. Poking, prodding, slicing, and setting she slowly worked through the time until Noctis' ankle was in its correct position. When it was internally organized the way it was supposed to be, she sealed up the wound with a needle and string.

Externally the wound still looked atrocious. The coloring was purple, a wholly unnatural color for someone of Noctis' skin tone, and the area was swollen beyond recognition. However, Dev had watched the dwarf's process. She had reset the bone and although it wouldn't show immediately, the long-legs healing could begin again at a normal pace without risk of losing his foot.

Noctis had been awake for the entire procedure, but Dev couldn't figure out if Goldov couldn't afford anesthesia or if he just wanted to watch his patients react. Whatever the case may be, the old man commanded Noctis from the bed when the dwarf had finished, ushering Dev to replace his friend for his own treatment.

His jaw was injured and his rib was broken, but aside from that, he didn't have any major injuries. As Devroux sat down, the dwarf put her small hands against his chest, patting the area gently and checking each rib individually. Dev didn't have the fine touch and medical knowledge necessary to be a doctor, but he understood the intention. She wasn't just checking for a broken rib, as nothing could really be done for that, but she needed to make sure that if a rib was broken it didn't have a chance of rupturing one of his lungs. Luckily, she pulled her hands away and seemed to not be worried about it too much.

The dwarf jumped down from the table and went to route through some more drawers. After a bunch of clanging and slamming drawers shut, she came back with a stethoscope, putting the cold, round end up against the mink's chest to listen to his breathing.

"Your breathing is hindered, but it doesn't seem life-threatening." The dwarf hopped down and moved over to a nearby table. She retrieved a bottle of pills from it and tossed them to Dev. "Take one of these. It's a simple antibiotic to help your lungs heal quicker."

Devroux inspected the bottle he was given, but it was unmarked. Goldov seemed adept at his craft, so they were no doubt handmade. He had no reason to trust the dwarf or Goldov, but he put his faith in Noctis' trust and swallowed one of the pills.

Words: 565
Gear: Yoru || Primo || Twin Kiridashi || Bart's Axe || Baby Den Den Mushi
Skills:
Notes: @Noctis

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum