Strawhat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Canon One Piece RolePlay

NEWS
Hello and welcome to Strawhats! We hope you have fun and enjoy the site.
If you have any questions jump in our chatbox and ask away.
You can also join our site Discord chat here! *https://discord.gg/wPDvuRc*
Our current ongoing events is: N/A
* = links
STAFF LIST
OWNER
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/admin_13.png
ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/kaito_11.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/devrou10.png https://i.imgur.com/1vaJQJc.png https://i.imgur.com/HBb1nBA.png
MODERATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/noctis10.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/18/53/44/60/sofiai10.png https://i.imgur.com/x2u1mnO.png
Latest topics
» Is this site back?
Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:22 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald UnderWorld
Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 am by Poopy Face

» Kill Fidel D Marx
Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 8:06 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald Chains
Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 10:25 am by Poopy Face

» Gladius Naruto RP
Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 8:48 am by Guest

» Stamina System
Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 1:24 pm by Admin

» Attributes System
Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 pm by Admin

» Makyu von Hellman
Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] EmptySun May 16, 2021 7:08 pm by Makyu

» Grains of Sand
Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 pm by Deep Bloo

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Statistics
We have 430 registered users
The newest registered user is Mercedes70

Our users have posted a total of 25717 messages in 3809 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Empty Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:34 pm

TOGA

Pirate
Pirate

TOGA
Voyage details:

Tropical breezes, the scent of exotic fruits, a nice sunny day with few clouds in the sky? WHat more could you ask for on an island like Jaya? Well, for starters, a little order or some common courtesy would be paramount. Hell, even someone giving you the time of day. Or maybe, just maybe, that was this one individual's problem occurring by their own devices rather than a commonplace practice around the pirate ridden island of Jaya. No one would talk to this sandy blonde headed person. It just left them bewildered, scratching the back of their head inside of that hooded jacket, moon patterned dots rustling a bit as his fingers flexed to make the hood shift and rustle a bit.

This red eyes individual? Well he was somewhat of a social pariah to the pirates of Jaya. A bad omen. A curse. The Black Spot itself given human form. Anyone that associated with him, was marked for death by the marines it seemed. As such, what better place to leave him than on an island where no one would give him the time of day? This was how the story of Elias Weltenbauer really begins. Sure, he had traveled all the way from the North Blue, to the West Blue, and so on. Moving from boat to boat, from crew to crew, winding up here in the Grand Line. But how and why are the key questions.

he was wanted back home, and someone was willing to pay for him to be brought home safe and sound, and most assuredly alive. Elias however, wanted nothing more than to explore the world. So he took to traveling with different pirate crews, looking for someone interesting enough to write about. Just when he thought he was going to find someone that was worth getting to know, they didn't want to see him anymore. Something about how the dogs of the world government would not stop tracking their scent unless they ditched him. And so, he would look for the next crew.

Now, when you arrive on an island like Jaya, where pirates gather and make their home, rumors and stories are bound to have spread, and the moment he set foot on Jaya, it may as well have land locked him. He couldn't get off the island and see the world because no one wanted to take the risk of the marines hunting them just to get him. No one wanted to deal with the stress of bounty hunters tearing up their crew for one scrawny kid in a hoodie. His personality could definitely use some work too with how aloof and sly her could be with his words, but that's a story for another day.

Today though, he was looking to at least spend some money he had on some refreshments at a local tavern. Having walked in, the immediate response was a set of glares and mumblings. ANd the moment he tried to sit down at a table with his food, something hoisted him by the back of his jacket collar, and swung him around through the air, only to throw him out through the window of all things. Tucking and rolling, he bounced off of the ground twice before landing on his stomach with a solid thump.

"Oi...Come on man. I just wanted to have something to eat. It's not very nice to just, throw a guy through a window, innit?" He grunted while pushing himself up and started to dust himself off. The figure that had thrown him through the window stepped out through the door, turning their waist so their wide frame could get through the doorway. They may as well have been, like, twelve feet tall with shoulders about four feet across, three joints in their arms with bulbous muscles showing off. They were grumbling, something about how he lost a lot of his crew after dropping him off at an island a while back, because the marines still thought they had him.

Well, there were better ways to start your day. But, there were definitely worse. Probably. Let's not get in to lists right now while a long-arm that lifts on a daily basis was cracking his knuckles and ready to deal some street justice.

2Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Empty Re: Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:39 pm

mistique139

Pirate
Pirate

mistique139
'I'm being hunted by the marines.' Kouse thought as he walked slowly through the streets of Mocktown, headed to his clinic.

The reason as to why he was hunted, happened just a few weeks back. Kouse had planned an attack on a marine captain and his entire crew. Killing him personally. The rest of his crew were also killed except the 17 marines Kouse let go back to spread the news after taking an arm from each of them.

You might wonder why Kouse would do something so foolish and dangerous. Well, he had been blinded by hate for the marine captain who killed both his best friend and mentor, while he watched.
The blinding pain he had felt then moved him to do things he wouldn't normally have. Killing without a second thought, causing the deaths of hundreds. He was a doctor for crying out loud!. Saving lives should be the thing Kouse aimed for, not spilling blood himself.
The several difficulties a pirate faces in Mocktown daily is enough to make a person crack. Beggers causing distractions in every corner, fights breaking out every five minutes, someone getting killed every day and getting robbed or at least someone making an attempt to do so to you frequently enough that you finally lose count of how many times it's happened.

Now you add all that baggage a new pirate faces in Mocktown daily to him being haunted day and night, by the images of an almost too fat marine captain, killing the two most important people in his life. So you shouldn't ask why Kouse did something so thoughtless but how he managed not to do so sooner.

Kouse gritted his teeth in absolute resolution. One thing he would never do was pay for killing marines, especially that animal of a captain. He fished out his bounty poster, newly printed and distributed and looked over it while adjusting his glasses.
''30,000,000 belli.'' Kouse read out, amused. "Wanted dead or alive."

'So that's what taking a captain down along with his crew, including disgracing them was worth.' Kouse thought. 
Kouse also knew that he had made enough pirate friends in and out of Mocktown to make the Marines cautious about invading Mocktown directly to capture him. Hence why they were tiptoeing about, spying on him and thinking he didn't know that they were. 
He touched his sword secured at his side. He would always be ready to spill the blood of marines. Kouse didn't care that it was only just one man who caused his hatred for them all or that not all marines were corrupt and bloodthirsty. He cared that they were aiming to get him to pay for getting rid of someone who had it coming and he wouldn't ever agree to that. 'Let them come, I'll be ready.'

Kouse was lost in thought as he walked quietly but quickly past a tavern on his way to his clinic. His mind was snapped back Into reality when a man flew right out of the taverns window, landing Painfully on his stomach.

'Oi...Come on man. I just wanted to have something to eat. It's not very nice to just, throw a guy through a window, innit?'
Kouse heard the individual who wore a hoodie say as he cracked his knuckles, preparing for a fight.
Kouse rolled his eyes and continued walking. Fights were a norm at mocktown, a day goes by without hearing of one and it's seen as an odd day.
So Kouse seeing one break out in front of him meant today was just like any other day.

Kouse was about to turn the corner to where his clinic was located, when he heard the heavy footsteps. He stopped in his tracks and looked back to see the opponent of the pirate wearing a hoodie. He was a monster of a man.
Twelve feet tall with three joints in each arm and muscles that threatened to tear through the skin.
No, he was simply a monster.
The fight didn't look fair to Kouse. Normally, he would simply ignore this fight and move on, but recent experiences with his new friend, Madori made him change his mind.

Kouse decided to watch the fight from where he stood. If things didn't go the hoodie guy's way, Kouse would step in.
He activated 'ROOM,' encompassing both fighters whilst he adjusted his glasses.

Techniques used:

3Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Empty Re: Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:24 pm

TOGA

Pirate
Pirate

TOGA
Elias and the long arm captain were about to face off, Elias wasn't cracking his knuckles. Anyone who observed that should blame the author for not conveying that better through words. It was the long arm cracking his knuckles, indicating that the long arm was ready for a fight. Elias however, was just lifting his hands, trying to indicate he would rather not deal with something like this. But no, the long armed man would not listen. "Look. I'm sorry about all that and everything, but, if you would just listen for a second I could expla-WHOA!" He shouted while leaping backwards, the long armed man not wanting to listen.

Having jumped back just in time, ELias clutched on to his hood, keeping a firm grip on it to keep it pulled up, his other hand skidding along the ground while one leg curved up, knee against his chest, the other skidding along the ground fully extended. In the dust of a sudden attack, the Long Arm tribesman yanked his arm out of the ground, shaking his wrist and scattering chunks of wood and dirt off of his fingers. "Listen kid this ain't personal. But I just want to pummel your face in for causing us trouble. Oh wait--I guess this is personal." Said the long armed man before he continued, "You know it didn't have to come to this. If you just didn't get trapped here on this island with everyone that hates your guts, you wouldn't be having this happen. So, yeah, I guess it did have to come to this, your only way out of here is in a pine box!" He shouted before rushing toward Elias.

Just as that light blue light filled the area, someone else's power having been activated and making the Long Arm stop in his tracks, Elias was able to reach behind his back, grabbing Beast Horn, his sling-shot and a special brown spherical seed with a green star on its face. He slotted the seed in to the slingshot and pulled back on the elastic, readying up a shot for the Long Arm while Elias' red eyes continued to stay locked on the man. "Look, I don't know why so many marines are after me, but if you could just list-OH COME ON!" Elias' face, were this a cartoon, would have completely whited out eyes and jagged sharp teeth as he shouted in aggression at the act the Long-Arm was doing, he lifted his arms up and stuck his fingers in his ears!

At least it gave Elias a second to examine the room around him. But the Long-Arm, seeing that Elias wasn't talking anymore, started to charge again, starting to wind up his left arm, his right hand clutching his left shoulder as the left arm went around and around like a windmill. As if it were building up power like that downward fist strike from moments earlier, he was preparing to dome Elias and dole out that aforementioned street justice! instead, things would be playing out in favor of Elias.

That seed he was holding? He let go of the shot and let it fly out to hit the ground right as the man was approaching, not even ten feet away a large plant bloomed from the ground, right underneath the pirate's feet! A ring of green leaves like triangles dangled around a large translucent looking syrup bulb. This syrup, however, was a lot more like a rubber substance, and it shoved itself upwards as it grew in no time at all. The resistance of the large Long-Arm's weight keeping up some resistance before it finally sprang up and threw the man up in to the air, and off to another location of the town.

Elias just sighed and stood up, his shoulders slumped down. "Like I said, if you would just listen: I could tell you why charging at me is a bad idea." He shrugged, talking to himself now as he shook his head, his eyes closed and his mouth twisted up in to a slight smile, clearly enjoying humiliating a large twenty-something adult. Now, all that was left to do was figure out what this blue dome was before some more pirates thought to try and settle their scores with Elias.

4Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Empty Re: Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:27 pm

Batman4560

Batman4560
Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] 30Jm0lM

Mashyuu had stayed with Harley all night, sleeping in a chair next to her bed while she rested. He did what he could to bandage her shoulder so that it wouldn't continue to bleed but the sword had cut deep into her and she would need surgery to keep the muscle connected. Or so she said. Once she was out cold from her own pain medication Mashyuu headed to his personal room and changed from his blood soaked clothes to a fresh pair of black and red plaid pants, a black suit jacket and black shoes but kept his white chain mail shirt on under his jacket just in case. He kept his morning star stuck to his hip with his devil fruit power and left his backpack in the ship next to Harley with a note explaining he went to get a doctor that could help.

The only place he knew where a doctor would be was her clinic and last Mashyuu knew, it was locked up tight and under Gajeel's protection. It didn't take long before the Skypiean stepped onto the deck of the Skycleaver. The sun had come up and the light burned Mashyuu's eyes. Quickly his left hand came up to shield his vision and the man grumbled. "New sunglasses first, then doctor." Quickly he jumped off the ship, using his wings to fly himself to the largest part of the docks. Some of the hands looked at the returned Mashyuu and waved at the man who brought down the biggest (at the time) danger to the island, Uncle Gogo and his nephew. (Not to mention their entire mob like gang.) Mashyuu waved back and stepped up to one of the burly workers. "Hey buddy, long time no see. Look... one of my friends is really hurt and needs a doctor. Problem is she is a doctor and the only one I know. Do you know where I could find another?" The non descript dock worker thought for a moment then smiled wide. "Yeah! Yeah I do. You want to find Kouse. He's a real stand up guy, a doctor to boot. He has sort of taken over the role of protector of the island since you've been gone. He's got a clinic that away, by the dive bar you used to hang at." Mashyuu shook the man's hand and nodded. "Thanks so much. I owe you a meal next time we meet in that dive bar." Mashyuu had every intent on buying that man a meal but first he had to help Harley.

Quickly he walked past the same shop that sold trinkets to people that didn't intend on staying on Jaya for too long and once again, Mashyuu snagged a pair of red sunglasses off a rack while the man that owned the place was dealing with a different customer. Quickly he snapped the paper price tag off the glasses and placed them on the bridge of his nose and the curve of his ears then shoved his hands in his pockets and wandered down the street towards the dive bar. He stopped just in time to see the strangest set of things happen. A slightly smaller man with a hood on get tossed out a window (That part wasn't so strange in Mock Town), a man with a fine looking sword open a blue half sphere around the smaller man, and a long arm attack the small man.

Normally Mashyuu would have stepped in at that point and knocked everyone in the area out but instead he walked closer to the man who opened the field and leaned against a near by wall to watch the fight. When it was over Mashyuu whistled and nodded up and down while clapping. "Nice shot there kid. I'm Captain Mashyuu Ishi. I could use a marksman with those kinds of skills on my crew... But first I need to find a doctor named... Kouse. You wouldn't happen to know where I can find him would you? If you can help me I'll at least pay you for the help." Mashyuu reasoned while brushing his dark locks of hair away from his face.

5Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Empty Re: Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:19 am

mistique139

Pirate
Pirate

mistique139
Kouse watched on in silence as the fight progressed before him. Kouse couldn’t help but roll his eyes when the pirate in the hoodie began trying to reason with the long armed monster, and unsurprisingly the monster was not willing to listen and instead attacked first. This was the general theme of fights here in mocktown and Kouse reached out to touch his bright red sword. He would be ready to make quick work of the long armed fellow if things went sideways for the pirate. From all what Kouse could hear from their conversation, it was clear the aggressor was the long armed fellow. Kouse disliked people like him, always causing unnecessary fights frequently. Kouse recognized him from the various fights he’d spotted him instigating in mocktown, and he always won. He also noticed a strange fellow who wore red glasses watching the fight also. Kouse decided to pay him no mind, for the time being at least.
Kouse gripped his sword. ‘This is one fight you will lose, even if I have to step in to help.’ Kouse thought.
He was surprised though at the reflexes the hooded pirate showcased as he dodged the first attack from the long armed fellow. Kouse was even more surprised when said long arm got distracted by his 'ROOM' technique, allowing the hooded pirate time to launch his attack. Kouse guessed that the upcoming attack would be a big one. This was the chance for the hooded pirate to take down his huge opponent, a chance that might never come again. Kouse watched closely as the hooded pirate reached behind his back and withdrew what Kouse guessed was the weapon he would use to take down his foe in a single attack. Kouse adjusted his glasses and looked closely. 'Yes, take him down.’ 

The hooded pirate pulled out a slingshot and pointed it at the long armed fellow.

'What?!' Kouse nearly exclaimed in surprise as he unsheathed his sword quietly. 'Did this guy have a death wish or something?.' 

Kouse didn’t still step in though, it wasn’t his fight as the long arm charged. He knew although it seemed that way, the hooded pirate must have a plan. He remained prepared to use his teleportation ability at the last moment if infact he was wrong and the pirate had no way to stop the incoming attack.

He was right. Whatever the hooded pirate had fired, instantly began to sprout and grow into a giant plant that lifted and threw the long arm up and far away, into another part of mocktown.
Kouse had never seen such an ability before. Making a green plant grow to such size in just a moment? And using it to attack?. Kouse had so many questions to ask this pirate. His ever insatiable curiosity was not to be denied.

“Hey!, Nice ability you have there.” Kouse said as he took a step towards the hooded pirate.

That was when the stranger wearing the red glasses spoke up too, and it was just the latter part of his statement that Kouse took particular notice of.

‘………But first I need to find a doctor named... Kouse. You wouldn't happen to know where I can find him would you? If you can help me I'll at least pay you for the help.’

Kouse adjusted his own glasses as he turned to look at the fellow with the red glasses. 
“Yeah, that would be me.” Kouse said as he sheathed back his sword. “I’m Kouse, more popularly known as Dr K.” He would nod slightly at both the hooded pirate and the pirate wearing the red glasses. “Nice to meet you two.”

6Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Empty Re: Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:12 pm

TOGA

Pirate
Pirate

TOGA
The moment that this Mashyuu offered something for Elias, let alone spoke to the hooded blonde, everyone around just sort of stopped. The sounds of plates being dropped and the sound of all activities in the area being stopped. Everything froze for just a moment before people awkwardly started up doing whatever it was that they were doing. FOr someone to talk to Elias in this situation, considering his past, and even offer to take him with? Well, it would be a lot of mess out of their hair, so let the idiot take the bad luck charm, maybe the two negatives will balance out, most of the people in the area thought to themselves.

Elias just stood there, with a similar look on his face. He had lifted his left hand up, extending his index finger only for Mashyuu to walk away. Elias had been there for a few moments, his mouth agape, and index finger curled now, as if he had just lost the point he wanted to make. He wasn't even asked if he wanted to come along, he was just suggested that he should come along. FOr once, he didn't have to convince a crew to take him, for once, the crew captain wanted him? It just made Elias' face twist. From flabbergasted to one of those grinchy looking sneers. Not a nasty one, but one of interest. His red eyes followed Mashyuu to the point where he linked up with the doctor, Doctor K, the one who made that blue dome from earlier. Elias was sure of it, whoever this Mashyuu was, he was at least worth investing some time in to getting to know to see if he should go with him.

Doctor Kouse introduced himself. If Elias didn't know any better, he would call Kouse a recolor of his character palette. The two of them looked so very much alike. Down to the facial structure and hair style. They could be brothers even! Their only difference was one had black hair, one had blonde hair. "Right then. Mashyuu Ishi, Doctor Kouse, Elias Weltenbauer." He pointed at each person while reciting their names. Mashyuu was pointed at, then Kouse, and then to himself. "You said you were looking for a doctor for someone? Did something happen? Also, and this is a small question, but I cannot stress it enough, but, again, small question, answer it at your leisure." He said, gesticulating different mannerisms to indicate that the answer might be a bit bigger than the small question, but he put his hands forward, indicating it to be taken at a leisurely pace. "Do you even know who in the hell I am? Why are you talking to me? I'm supposed to be bad luck for any crew."

Meanwhile, elsewhere in Mock Town, that long arm landed, with a powerful thud. He trudged up to his feet and grumbled, rubbing the back of his head while he started to head for the docks, looking for his crew so that they could get geared up and go hunting, later.

7Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Empty Re: Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:45 pm

Batman4560

Batman4560

The introduction of Dr. K had pulled Mashyuu's attention away from the blonde marksman. Mashyuu couldn't believe his luck but at the same time, almost expected it. The young pirate looked to Doctor K and reached his hand out towards the man to shake it. The smile on Mashyuu's face was kind and gentle, a sign that he had no intention of hurting the man. "I understand you're the man who's been keeping this place safe while I've been gone. Thank you for that. Doctor you see I-" Mashyuu was cut off from his line of thinking and glanced at Elias. "Excuse me for just a moment doctor." Mashyuu apologized and smoothed out his suit jacket and turned to face Elias.

"....Nope, I have no idea who you are. I know that while I normally invest a greater amount of time into who I ask to join my crew, I'm really hard up for a good marksman and need help with a job I'm going on in the future. I don't care if you think you're bad luck because I'm very, very good luck. Look at how good my luck is. I left not ten minutes ago to find Doctor K and here he is right next to me. If you think your bad luck is so terrible that it's gonna get me killed... Let me tell you this. Last night I jumped off of Skypiea... an Island in the sky, and caught a friend of mine who was falling from it. Then used my wings to glide back to my ship at the end of the docks, and I didn't get hurt aside from a scraped arm and hip." Mashyuu answered in return. "Now it looks like you're in need of some protection and help in the world. I'm offering it to you, and only expecting some loyalty in return. Think you can handle it?... If you do stick with me and you will see one of the ships my crew runs with... Yes my crew has more than one."

Quickly Mashyuu turned back to face the good doctor who looked similar to the Captain of the Phantom Raiders. "Damn you're handsome. Anyway... My friend, the one I caught. She's a doctor as well but was stabbed deep in the left shoulder and said she needs surgery to connect the muscle and tendon. I don't know the first thing about patching someone up. Is there anyway way I could pay you, or make a trade with you to help my friend? She's on my ship and I'm happy to take you there as soon as you're available." Mashyuu pleaded with Doctor K and glanced over at Elias, giving him a wink, as if Mashyuu were sure that the Doctor would say yes.

8Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Empty Re: Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:24 pm

mistique139

Pirate
Pirate

mistique139
Kouse accepted the offered handshake from Mashyuu.
He noticed that the smile Mashyuu had on his face was genuine the moment he shook hands with him.
Mashyuu then began speaking to him. 'I understand you're the man who's been keeping this place safe while I've been gone. Thank you for that. Doctor you see I-' But his attention was drawn towards the hooded pirate, Elias.
‘Excuse me for just a moment doctor.’ Mashyuu before he began talking to Elias.

“No problem.” Kouse replied.

Kouse listened in on Mashyuu's and Elias’s discussion. From what he heard, Mashyuu wanted Elias to join his pirate crew. Elias claimed he was bad luck for any crew he joined, but Mashyuu replied by mentioning he’s own good luck. He also mentioned an impressive feat he recently achieved, of him jumping off from the city in the sky, skypea, catching his friend who was also falling from it and using his wings to glide onto his very own ship with just minor injuries. All in all, it was a really good recruitment speech. Kouse was almost certain, Elias would accept Mashyuu's offer.
Kouse wondered how it would be like to finally be part of a crew, since the destruction of his former one. His best days at sea had been with his now late captain and best friend Mako, along with his crew. They had had so much fun out at sea that the weeks had flown right by.
Kouse was snapped out of his thoughts when Mashyuu’s attention returned to him, and by particularly his first statement.
‘Damn you're handsome.’

Kouse adjusted his glasses, hiding his surprise at that compliment. He didn’t expect a pirate, more so a pirate captain to say that. Kouse didn’t know how to respond to that so he didn’t, and listened to the rest of what Mashyuu had to say.
Mashyuu’s friend was injured on her shoulder and needed surgery quickly or she’ll bleed out.

“That would be easy enough for me to handle, but let’s hurry just in case.” Kouse said as he began walking towards the docks, where he assumed Mashyuu’s ship was located. “And about the payment of my services, we’ll discuss that after I’ve treated your friend. ‘The patient’s treatment comes first,' that’s one of my sayings.” Kouse would say as they hurried towards the docks. “So, I’ve heard much about this city in the sky. I always thought it was a myth and it’s a little difficult for me to believe that it is infact real……..it must be a paradise if it’s infact truly real.”

9Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Empty Re: Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:03 pm

TOGA

Pirate
Pirate

TOGA
Mashyuu, the way he spoke to Elias, as if there were no chance to even say no, laid out exactly how he felt and how Elias was going to be joining the crew. It was an offer, but there wasn't much room to say no, now was there? Was Mashyuu really so confident in his own luck that he wouldn't need to worry about Elias' curse of bringing the marines upon them?  The blonde just stood there, blinking those red eyes of his while Mashyuu casually mentioned the fact that he had more than one ship and that his crew had yet to have a marksman. A marksman? Elias looked down at his slingshot, then at Mashyuu, who was conversing with the doctor at that point. Then back down to his slingshot, then back up to Mashyuu. Can you really call someone with a slingshot a marksman? Furthermore, how could you go on such an adventure for so long without even having someone with ranged fighting capabilities on your crew? Either this guy fought a bunch of people that never knew what a pistol was, or he was legitimately, unabashedly, insanely lucky.  Elias was banking on the latter option.

Elias just thought about that sky island they were mentioning, an island up in the sky? Floating on clouds without so much as a stone coming back down?  Were books about it true? Books took inspiration from the real world, and, as chance would have it, there was an example of this world having one such thing. Then again, this crazy world they lived in, with people producing the strangest of powers, throwing seeds and growing massive plants, people that were over fifteen feet tall, one had to wonder if books were just a viewpoint of another world, and they were in a world of a book themselves.  Breaking away from breaking the meta, Elias snapped back to reality.

"Well if you are as lucky as you say you are, I'm gonna tag along. No telling when sir punchalot comes back around looking for round two." He tucked his slingshot away in to a special holster on his back, hiding it underneath his jacket.  That plant that he grew earlier was already deflating. Sure he knew how to use the seeds, but that had yet to be cultivated to be long lasting. And so, Elias would join Mashyuu and Kouse on the trip to this ship.

10Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Empty Re: Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:44 pm

Batman4560

Batman4560

Relief washed through Mashyuu's body when Kouse agreed to help Harley at the Skycleaver. "Elias, come on. If that guy comes back I'll set him straight if you don't want to. Either way I need to get the doctor to my ship." Mashyuu turned on his dress shoe covered heels and started towards the dock. Leading the others back to the massive ship at the end of the docks, Mashyuu looked to the doctor and lifted a brow over his red sunglasses. "You weren't on the island when I left. This is a town of Pirates.... What's your story Doctor?" Mashyuu asked while glancing at the sword on his hip. It was a nice looking weapon but Mashyuu was sure it was old and had seen its best days. "You need that sword sharpened? I'd be happy to clean it up for you." He offered as the trio hit the docks.

His attention turned to Elias again and he gestured towards the very end of the docks. The copper colored wood of the ship could be seen from one end of the dock to the other. "There it is." He said with a smile on his face while pointing at his ship. "I have to lower the boarding ramp if you guys want to meet me there. Elias, you can find a room and get settled in if you want, Doctor if you will follow me on the ship I'll take you to Harley's room." Mashyuu waited for a moment to confirm they understood then his wings spread wide and he shot up into the sky and landed on the main deck of the ship.

Quickly Mashyuu got to work lowering the gangplank of the Skycleaver so that the others could board the vessel safely. "Welcome to the Skycleaver! A ship straight from my home land of Skypiea. Once things have settled down I'll tell you all about the land. Please Doctor, this way." Mashyuu led the group to the second deck of the hundred meter long ship and through the section of the ship that held the crew quarters. He walked the doctor into Harley's room, witch was set up with her medical supplies and let the man in. "Harley, this is Doctor K, he's gonna help you out.... I'll leave you two alone. Doctor if you need me I'll be wandering this deck." Mashyuu left the doctors alone and gave his attention to Elias. "Okay, so... What's your story?"

Harley laid in her bed, the double sized matters was hard and covered in a wrapping of white paper as if she had expected Mashyuu to pull through for her and set her own bed up. She wore a single strapped tank top that left her injured shoulder bare. It had been bandaged and padded to reduce the bleeding but it wasn't the best work, thanks to Mashyuu's lack of medical skills. Harley's brown hair hung over her face but her smile was wide while she looked at the doctor. "A doctor on an island of Pirates.... So you're either running from something or got stuck here. Well let me tell you. This really hurts so I'm at your mercy doctor. Feel free to use any of my tools."

11Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Empty Re: Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:45 am

mistique139

Pirate
Pirate

mistique139
'What's my story?' Kouse thought after Mashyuu asked the question. It seemed a doctor settling down in mock town hadn’t been seen much. He had received this same question on several different occasions. 'Why are you still here Dr K?', 'You should leave soon and see the world', 'The only people who settled down here are those who’ve lost their way and ambition.’
Kouse understood them all, he also didn’t plan on staying at mock town all his life. His ambition and goal were still as clear as day in his mind. He just had to finish up something first before he left, he had to honour his time at mock town, he wanted to make a difference here first, not only for himself but the people he lost. He was a pirate doctor, he helped pirates, and going through with his plan right here in the heart of mock town, could potentially help the world of pirates.

“Well although I’m a doctor, I’m also a pirate.” Kouse began. “My former crew and my best friend were killed off and captured by marines. I was captured and sold into slavery right here in mock town. Then I met a doctor who bought me out of slavery, gave me a home and a medical clinic to work in. I was ever grateful to him, so when he got into a difficult situation with the same slaver that previously owned me, I went in and took care of the situation without hesitation.” Kouse looked at the sky as the memories flooded his mind. “Once I heard about the same marines that captured and killed my former crew were coming to mock town to sell more slaves, I couldn’t stop myself from being consumed by revenge. I drew my new friends into the fight and the doctor that I owed my life to lost his.” Kouse unconsciously held the sword at his side, it had been a gift from him. “I got my revenge, but it cost me a lot. The doctor had one dream here in mock town and I aim to do that for him before I leave, I owe him that much at least.”

Kouse adjusted his glasses, it was a habit he had developed recently. “Yes, thank you very much, it’s a special sword to me.” He replied to Mashyuu’s offer to sharpen his sword.

At that moment, they arrived at the ship. It was a real beauty, one of the best Kouse had seen.
He nodded that he understood the instructions that Mashyuu gave him. Kouse’s eyes widened as he saw Mashyuu actually fly to his ship. This was the first time he had seen someone who had wings and could fly, Kouse made a mental note to study Mashyuu's wings later.
Once the gangplank to the ship was lowered, Kouse walked onto the ship. He quickly followed Mashyuu into the room of the patient; a fellow doctor he had to treat, was. Mashyuu made the introductions and left for the deck.

The moment Kouse had seen Harley on the bed, even before Mashyuu had made the introductions, Kouse’s sharp eyes had noticed the injured and poorly bandaged shoulder. The bandage was soaked red, meaning the bleeding hadn’t stopped. Since she was still awake and responding, Kouse knew she hadn’t lost enough blood for things to become dangerous, although the bandage work was poor, it did help.

Kouse reached out to touch the neck of Harley to ascertain her temperature, then Harley spoke to him for the first time.

‘A doctor on an island of Pirates.... So you're either running from something or got stuck here. Well let me tell you. This really hurts so I'm at your mercy doctor. Feel free to use any of my tools.’

Kouse smiled at Harley as he withdrew an injection from his pocket. “This is an anesthetic injection, I can give it to you to so you sleep during the entire surgery, so no pain.” Kouse would wait a moment for her response, if yes he would immediately inject her the anesthetic, if no he would give her a clean piece of cloth to bite on.

“like I said before, although I’m a doctor, I’m also a pirate. I have something to do in mock town before I leave.”

Kouse would carefully unwrap the bandage on her shoulder, to expose the injury. Yeah, Harley’s tendon was several damaged, also severed completely from her shoulder bone.
Kouse knew he had to perform a 'tendon graft,' where he had to get a piece of tendon from another part of Harley to help repair the damaged tendon. If she had infact taken the anesthetic, Kouse would immediately cut into her feet using one of her scalpels, retrieve a healthy tendon and infuse it into the shoulders damaged tendon; repairing it and re-attaching said tendon into the surrounding connective tissue, then finally to the bone. He would then close her shoulder up using stitches, after further disinfecting the wound.

If she had chosen not to go with the anesthetic, Kouse would explain the need of cutting into another part of her body to get a good tendon to help with the surgery.

With the surgery over, Kouse would move to join Mashyuu and Elias on the deck, leaving a sleeping Harley in the room.

12Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Empty Re: Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:03 pm

TOGA

Pirate
Pirate

TOGA
Elias followed suit, tagging along with the doc and the cap. Toward the docks they went before they came to the ship. AN impressive vessel that Mashyuu was more than happy to declare originated from the sky of all places. A ship from the sky? An air ship? Elias' eyes just glanced around, trying to discern any distinct features on the ship to tell if it was truly from the sky. Nothing really popped out to him, nothing in particular. Perhaps the fact he was trying so hard to notice something that wasn't there, he wouldn't notice what was there. His left hand clutched on to his chin, index finger and thumb in a check mark shape across it while he quirked up one of his eyebrows. His right elbow bent, fist curled up against his waist as he bent at the waist to examine everything.

Up on the ship, Mashyuu went off with Kouse, leaving Elias on the deck for but a moment before Mashyuu came back to talk to him. He wanted Elias' story. Clutching on to his hood, he pulled it back and let it rest around his shoulders, exposing his messy blonde hair completely. Red oculars falling on mashyuu, he then looked away and leaned against the railing of the ship, looking out on the town as he took in a deep breath through his nose, his eyes shut before he exhaled, and opened them again.

"Alright, so, I'm not from around here. As you can probably tell. I'm from the North Blue, a place called Outset Island. Maybe you've heard of it? That fancy island where marine heroes, government agents, people like that go to retire. Well not everyone there is affiliated with the military. I wasn't," He didn't include the fact that he was part nobility, it wasn't time to say something about that, not yet at least.

"And well, I couldn't leave the island by normal means. SO I stowed away on a pirate ship the first chance I got when one was foolish enough to try and come to dock at the island. The government and the person that wants me home thinks I have been kidnapped, and for the past couple of years, anyone who's crew I pop on to winds up being a target for wanted kidnapping. And I'm wanted alive? I guess? I'm still learning most of this just now from the word of other pirates around here."

Speaking of other pirates around here, that Long Arm pirate was back at his ship on the other end of the docks. He had limped his way around and gotten his dislocated shoulder realigned from how he landed on it. And he was telling everyone on his crew about Elias and who was with him at this point. They had a target, now they had a bunch of targets. Things were going to occur that showed just how bad luck Elias was for even the Phantom Raiders.

13Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Empty Re: Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:27 pm

Batman4560

Batman4560

Mashyuu's face twisted into a frown after hearing the doctors story. He rubbed behind his head and let out a soft sigh. "That's not the most uplifting story but at least you're going to honor his last wish before you move on from this place." Mashyuu tried to sound like he wasn't being a dick but didn't really know what to say. Thankfully before he knew it he was at the ship..

After Mashyuu had shown Kouse to Harley's quarters he joined up with Elias and listened to the young man's story. His blue eyes narrowed on the man with the slingshot and his jaw set into a stern sneer. Elias was hiding something. Why would the world government be looking for the guy and only want him alive if he wasn't more than a simple pirate? Mashyuu folded his arms across his chest and his right hand idly toyed with the morning star that was hooked to his hip. "What are you telling me? Your story is missing a vital part. If you're gonna be part of this crew you need to be honest about things. So I'm gonna give you an hour or two to consider that and then you can either be honest with me or we can part ways. Until then you're welcome to stay on the ship and...." The door leading to the main deck swung open and Kouse joined them.....

While Elias was explaining things.

"Something to do in Mock Town? Well talk to the Captain, he's a lousy medic but he pulls through when he tells you he's gonna do something. Surprisingly a man of his word. Nice guy too. Even if he acts like he isn't." Harley tapped her arm with her good one and looked at the drug. "Go on, hit me with that good medicine." She smirked at Kouse, deciding that if she were going to give her well being to anyone it might as well be a doctor and not a pirate like Mashyuu. After surgery, Harley slept soundly, mostly thanks to the drug that Kouse had injected her with...

Back on the main deck.

Mashyuu nodded at Kouse and held his left hand out as if telling Kouse to stop moving. "I'm gonna go ahead and sharpen that blade for you real quick. Don't move." Mashyuu's right hand pointed at the blade strapped to Kouse's hip and the weapon started to float towards Mashyuu, slowly pulling out of its sheath. Mashyuu's left hand dug into his pocket and grabbed out a sharpening tool and started to work on sharpening the blade. "This is a good weapon. Balanced funny, but the weapon over all is not bad. Do you actually know how to use this thing? Or do you just swing it around and hope to hit?" Mashyuu asked with a grin on his face as if he were asking how skilled the man was. "Kouse, what do I owe you for helping Harley?" Mashyuu asked and floated the weapon back to Kouse so he could place the weapon back in its scabbard.

Mashyuu took a step to the side and looked the two men over, thinking about weather or not he should ask Kouse to join the crew. Having a second doctor could be a major boon and he said himself his crew had been captured and killed. Not only that but Mashyuu knew Kouse had a good heart the moment the man expressed concern with getting to Harley before settling on pay. "...Look. Kouse. Doctor. I'm gonna be here in Mock Town for a while. I still have to wait for the rest of my crew to get here from Skypiea, and have to figure out our next plan of attack. How would you like to join my crew? I know its sort of sudden but I can tell you're a good man, and from the sounds of it, you might need some friends as much as I need a second doctor. If you did let those marines go, its only a matter of time before more come looking for you." Mashyuu extended his hand to the Doctor as if asking what the man thought.

14Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Empty Re: Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:59 am

mistique139

Pirate
Pirate

mistique139
Kouse stopped moving when Mashyuu raised his left hand out to him.

“Yeah thanks, it could do with a little work…. Are you a blacksmith?.” Kouse asked just before he was surprised yet again by Mashyuu, who only pointed at his sword and it slowly began moving towards him.

“What kind of ability is that?” Kouse asked, his curiosity takeing over yet again.

Kouse adjusted his glasses as he watched Mashyuu work on his sword. He showed good skill and experience in it, he had to be a blacksmith and a good one.

“Ha ha.” Kouse chuckled lightly at Mashyuu’s question about him being able to use his sword. “Well I’m guessing I’m alright with it, if I used it to take on a marine captain?.”

“I’ll say you’ve just paid me back my sharpening my weapon.” Kouse said as the sword floated back to him. He grabbed it from the air and lightly touched the sharp end, it drew blood. “Did a really good job on it too.” Kouse sheathed his sword and placed it back on his hip. “Also, Harley is going to be alright, all she needs is a little rest and she must absolutely keep off doing heavy work with her left arm, her shoulder needs about a week to heal up.”

Being on this ship, meeting Mashyuu and Elias, hearing about a pirate crew, seeing how Mashyuu moved to recruit Elias all brought back memories of his time with his late friend and captain, Mako. Kouse turned to look out into the sea, it was buzzing with it’s dormant strength, waves creeping steadily towards them, like it was forging it’s very own sea-song, singing to him to come explore, that it had a lifetime of knowledge waiting to be grasped by one who could.
Kouse missed the sea, he missed traveling from place to place with a crew, with friends, everyday they woke up to new places, new things. He missed the thrill of docking on an island and hoping to see something new and amazing. He knew he couldn’t stay very long at mocktown, the time will come when he’ll have to leave.

At that moment Mashyuu began to speak and Kouse listened quietly.

“You’re right about the Marines. They’ve already sent some spies here in Mocktown to track my movements, and things will only get worse.” Kouse turned to look directly at Mashyuu. “I’m flattered that you see me worthy enough to be included into your crew, but I’ll need to see how strong you and your crewmates are. The first crew I joined weren’t, and we got destroyed by a single marine ship, losing everything. I don’t want to bear that pain again.”

15Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Empty Re: Would You Just Listen? [Voyage] Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:32 am

TOGA

Pirate
Pirate

TOGA
Well, Mashyuu could see through one of the holes in Elias' story. And Elias just turned over, resting his elbows against the banister railing of the ship while Mashyuu gave him that ultimatum. Either tell the truth or leave the crew before he even became a part of it. Well, he wanted off this land locked rat trap of an island, and he wanted to see the world. If this was to be his crew, he better just, bite the bullet and tell the man his story.

After Kouse accepted the offer to join the crew, Elias lifted up his right hand, bringing it in front of his mouth as he coughed a couple of times, clearing his throat to garner their attention. If they turned around, Elias would be standing on the edge of the banister, one foot dangling off of the end while he balanced his weight on one foot. His hands in his jacket pockets and spread out as if he were wearing a wingsuit, he just had a beaming smile across his face.

"Well Captain. That requires me telling you a small side story. The Celestial Dragons. They're the top of the food chain. The Dragons, The Elders, The Royalty that attend the Reverie, The Nobles that serve that royalty, and then there are the nobles of the world. People of higher born status and allowed a few extra perks of being such a noble. It's nice that my name isn't known as far as SKypeia. The Weltenbauer family name, rests on that fifth rung of the ladder. Elias Weltenbauer, low born noble at your beck and call." He took an exaggerated bow, one foot in the air still, sticking out to be a counter weight while one hand crossed over his stomach.

"You can attack me now knowing that and this: My father Asher Weltenbauer, is not happy with his status. He's a man of great greed. A man of many desires. A man that wants it all. And to never have a want for anything else." He listed off the facts, his left hand in the air, index finger raised while he had his eyes closed, walking across that banister to tell his little story.

"He wants me home, his first born son, to be used as a bargaining chip to one of three families of fourth tier nobility status. 'Let me marry off my son, then I will be one step closer to being able to marry our family in to the Celestial Dragons!'" He spoke in a mock tone of his father, taking on a serious face with a thousand yard stare, smashing his fist in to his palm to emphasize just how his father behaved while telling them what his father's intentions were.

"The way I see it. Dear old dad wants me home and under house arrest. Nothing sells off your son hotter than a bad boy adventurer to girls that go for that sort of thing. Thing is, I don't like him and I don't like his plans. I want to see the world. I want to see what my little seed friends can do, I want to make an island with them. I want to make something that leaves a permanent mark on this map. Along the way, I'm keeping a journal, a chronicle of my adventure. And I'm going to write a book like that. A book unlike any other in the world." He hopped down off of the banister if he had not been pushed off or attacked yet.

Walking forward, Elias would draw out his slingshot and extend it forward, the elastic strap dangling in the air as he offered it as his sign that he would join the man and his crew. "So there you have it. Son of the man with the most grandiose ambition who, himself, has his own dose of ambition conflicting with him. Son of the man that will pay anything to have his son brought home to see to it his own goals are reached. Son of the man that will pay marines, bounty hunters, warlords, even other pirates to bring me home. That's what the Curse of Elias Weltenbauer the Bad Luck Charm is. Do you still think you are lucky enough for all of that? Or should I go back to my banana leaf hut in the forest?"

He put everything out there. And, if Mashyuu accepted him, he would just heave a sigh of relief and slouch, his arms dangling at his sides, knees bent and his head hung low, "Oh thank go,d that hut is probably gonna fall down again tomorrow anyways." He would say were Mashyuu to accept him on the crew.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum