Non Canon One Piece RolePlay

NEWS
Hello and welcome to Strawhats Open Beta!
Make some friends, enemies, and Plot with them in the Plotting board.
Above all else, have fun and direct any questions you may have to staff!

I forgot my password

Strawhat Discord
Latest topics
» Mashyuu vs the Cult of Gold
Today at 1:35 am by Batman4560

» [Event] Plata O Plomo
Today at 12:40 am by The Janitor

» The Phantom Raiders in: Defending the Charon
Yesterday at 11:53 pm by Batman4560

» Bounty Board
Yesterday at 11:30 pm by Ghost

» Psycho Shooter - Isabella Nightingale
Yesterday at 10:24 pm by Kaito

» Notification Topic
Yesterday at 9:11 pm by Jade Emperor

» Ope ope no mi
Yesterday at 9:05 pm by Maverick

» Before they were famous! [Flashback][Open]
Yesterday at 8:53 pm by David

» Recount, Recoup, Reset
Yesterday at 8:35 pm by Kaito

Top posting users this week
Devroux

Maverick

Batman4560

Deep Bloo

Kaito

Noctis

Yuurei

Ghost

Melly

Risaka

Top posting users this month
Devroux

Maverick

Batman4560

Yuurei

Melly

Deep Bloo

Noctis

Risaka

Kaito

Ghost

Statistics
We have 167 registered users
The newest registered user is Juan's Alt

Our users have posted a total of 7232 messages in 1261 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The Study of Power [Crafting] on Tue May 15, 2018 5:19 pm

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Guest will never see me coming...
View user profile

2 Re: The Study of Power [Crafting] on Tue May 15, 2018 6:04 pm

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

The Study of Power

From the moment he lost consciousness under the blood red sky until now, Noctis lay still and deathlike. Unable to move or awaken, his dreams were empty, instead his only company was the overwhelming feeling of stress and anger in his thoughts. His last recollection was his friends, Three and Doce, taking him from their former home to find some way to help him. Yet even that memory was weak and fleeting in comparison to the pain he felt from the People's Prince. Unable to bare anymore mental anguish, Noctis opened his eyes to escape his own mental prison.

The sight that greeted him was harsh and bright, his vision blurred from his eyes having been shut for an inordinate amount of time. After a few moments of adjustment, he could finally make out what was above him. Bright and cold lights rested above him. Noctis attempted to turn his head to see more of his surroundings, but was met with resistance and a dull pain radiating through his back. His neck was secured in place by something, probably to restrict movement. Not only his neck was restrained, however. His arms and legs were strapped down at the wrists and ankles respectively, with another belt wrapped tightly across his abdomen. With a slow whir, the table Noctis rested on began to lift at the head, bringing his body to an incline. As his body tilted, more of his environment was revealed, along with a man wearing what must have been white scrubs, now stained red with aged blood. In contrast, a clean mask covered his mouth and nose, his round bifocals resting just above. His hair was a jet black, with strands of gray hair peppering it through and through. Despite his age, he didn't appear to be frail, or even past his prime. Rather, his physique was toned and refined. The man turned to draw his attention towards the restrained Noctis.

"Ahh, I see you're finally up. I was worried, ya know? It's been so long since I've used these hands to save."

Words: 346
Doriki: 
Notes: 

View user profile

3 Re: The Study of Power [Crafting] on Thu May 17, 2018 7:53 pm

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

The Study of Power

The implications of the man's words never fully reached Noctis, his mind immediately focusing on the whereabouts of his friends. Almost as if reading his mind, the man interrupted Noctis' thoughts.

"They're not here. They dropped you off and went off to do who knows what. I'm Doctor Goldov by the way. Former registered physician and the man who saved your life."

Noctis remained silent, both as a precaution and because his head was preoccupied with everything that was happening. This mysterious Goldov, his location, what Three and Doce were up to. All of the unknowns overwhelmed Noctis, who began to relax out of the sheer futility of his predicament. Goldov picked up on the shift in Noctis' attitude instantly, sliding his chair up to the longleg. Grabbing a clipboard behind him, the doctor began to tap away at the paper, looking at it inquisitively. It all seemed like a routine and reflex to Noctis, but to Goldov it was beyond that. It was more akin to an old habit from his past that he tried to avoid. Sticking the end of his pen in his lips, he continued to think in silence just long enough for the air to become thick with awkwardness, though Goldov would never notice. Seamlessly, he transitioned into questioning his patient as if nothing had just happened.  

"Alright, can you give me your name and age?" Goldov asked quickly.

Taking a moment to think it over, Noctis relented. "Noctis. Nineteen."

"Last name?" Goldov pressed.

Noctis had never really thought about it, but he never used a last name. Anytime something like that had been brought up, Dane's last name was the one used. However, given that he was dead, Noctis thought there was no harm in claiming it for his own. "Coronus."

"Ohhh, interesting, interesting. This makes sense. I was going to head over to the arena when I heard the news. I needed to refresh my stock of cadavers, and unnamed unmarked slaves would have been perfect." Goldov exclaimed shamelessly, the pieces beginning to come into place. The boy was an escaped slave as he thought, but taking the promoter's last name so quickly must have meant he was important. That and the state he was in... Yes, it was all very clear to him.

Goldov tapped at the clipboard once more. "Alright, a few more questions. Have you ever had any serious operations that required anesth-." he cut himself off, having gotten stuck in the rigmarole of his past and not thought properly about the context of his patient. A slave wouldn't have been given access to anesthetics. Topical at most, but that was pushing it. "Have you ever had any serious operations?"

"You mean besides the ones you've already done? Once or twice, nothing too serious." Noctis answered, quickly becoming more comfortable with the doctor. Noctis found security in answering questions, it was easy and to the point more often than not.

"Alright, alright. That makes sense from what I've seen. Lots of scar tissue in your abdomen and arms. One more question for posterity." Goldov explained, his demeanor remaining steady and unflinching. Without pause, he asked Noctis for the final time, "Are you sexually active?"

In that moment, Noctis realized there was no comfort to be had here.

Words: 567
Doriki: 
Notes: 

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum