Non Canon One Piece RolePlay

NEWS
Hello and welcome to Strawhats! We hope you have fun and enjoy the site.
If you have any questions jump in our chatbox and ask away.
You can also join our site Discord chat here! *https://discord.gg/JhBS8Yy.*
Our current ongoing events is:
*Birth by Storm* * = links

I forgot my password

STAFF LIST
OWNER
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/admin_13.png
ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/kaito_11.pnghttps://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/deep_b10.pnghttps://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/janito10.png
MODERATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/melly_11.pnghttps://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/maveri11.pnghttps://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/devrou10.png
DEVELOPERS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/ai_sta11.pnghttps://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/noctis10.pnghttps://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/risaka10.png
EVALUATOR
https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/18/53/44/60/sofiai10.png
BATTLE MOD
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/hannib10.pnghttps://i.servimg.com/u/f95/18/53/44/60/temps_10.png
Latest topics
» The Rise of The Beast [Completed]
Today at 6:36 am by Devroux

» Welcome to Baltigo II [GV]
Today at 12:31 am by NPC

» Community Service
Yesterday at 10:48 pm by Misha

»  Voyage Notification Topic
Yesterday at 7:51 pm by Noctis

» Setting Sail! The Ride to Future Island (Travel)
Yesterday at 7:19 pm by Fuentes

» [T] An Even Trade I
Yesterday at 5:06 pm by Noctis

» Ninth Districts' small bank job [V]
Yesterday at 3:11 pm by Spook

» Reserves and Starting Slots
Yesterday at 2:55 pm by Kyo

» Notification Topic
Yesterday at 2:55 pm by Kyo

Top posting users this week
Devroux

Larazyllo

NPC

Winged Menace

Admin

Top posting users this month
Devroux

Kaito

Bojack

Noctis

Batman4560

Melly

Lady Sofia

Yuurei

Ghost

Fenrir

Statistics
We have 269 registered users
The newest registered user is Kyo

Our users have posted a total of 17600 messages in 2674 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Thieves and Killers [Bounty] on Sun May 06, 2018 9:20 pm

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Bounty:
Name: Slippery Aiko
Bounty: 12,000,000 Beli
Description: Aiko is a infamous banker robber who has never been caught in the act once. Only reason his name is known is due to the note he leaves after each robbery that has his name and a crude drawing of a chicken and a fruit. The due have currently been on a heisting spree through Baltigo. Aiko’s attributes: Can be taken at the same time as the Driver Aido Bounty

Name: Diver Aido
Bounty: 12,500,000 Beli
Description: Aido is a infamous banker robber who has only been caught in the act once. Unlike his partner she doesn't mind doing a bit more than stealing. As those they have stolen from have been killed as well. On one occasion there was a survivor that said the Aido turned into a strange beasts when they fought and also that Aido had long arms. The due have currently been on a heisting spree through Baltigo. Aido’s Attributes: Can be taken at the same time as the Slippery Aiko Bounty.

Doriki:
+5 to Speed from Blitzer Occupation
+5 to Strength when using legs from Longleg Race

~Thieves and Killers~

Guest will never see me coming...

2 Re: Thieves and Killers [Bounty] on Fri May 11, 2018 8:34 pm

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Thieves and Killers

Noctis kicked along the rain slick streets of the Ninth District, his stomach growling angrily at the lack of food in recent days. Neon signs whirred and flickered for all sorts of stores selling a plethora of wares both legal and otherwise. Having been raised a slave, Noctis' grasp on commerce was limited at best. He never earned a dime, only privileges, in his time as property. His marketable skills were scarce, as all he knew how to do was fight and survive. The longleg stood a good 5 feet at least above most of the people in the district, bar a few exceptions such as the occasional fellow longleg or a giant. Even some larger humans could make conversations a bit more bearable, only having to look down rather than squat. Noctis lost himself in his train of thought before being interrupted by a tug on his pant sleeve, a common way to gain his attention.

"Hey bud, ya look kinda upset. Yous lost or summin'?"

Noctis squat down to bring his eye line to an acceptable level with the balding man, far past the age of his prime, but not quite a senior citizen. "In a manner of speaking. I'm a... foreigner. I don't exactly have any cash and don't know where to start." Noctis explained, the man giving a suspicious but sympathetic look to the broke ex-slave. The balding man's demeanor turned to that of optimism in what seemed like a flash, giving Noctis a playful tap on the shin with the back of his fist.

"Well that's easy shit, watcha good at?" the man inquired.

Noctis thought for a moment about the situation and it's implications. Telling a stranger about his past outright would be ill advised, as anyone in the Ninth District might be involved with the darker side of business. Rather than lie outright, Noctis presented a half truth. "Where I come from, fighting is a way of life for us. It's just about all we know." Noctis gave the man a pleading look that lingered just long enough for his stomach to rumble audibly, giving his helper pause. Yet the man recovered flawlessly, clearly well versed in navigating a conversation, likely in part due to his presence in the Ninth District.

"Oh oh! Yous could be one of them... what do ya call em.... Bounty Hunters! Yeah that's it. I take it yous didn't have no base where you're from? Yeah all yous gotsta do is find someone wanted, take 'em down, and bring 'em to the guysat wannem. There's one just at the outskirts, somes Marine lookin' folk down the-" the middle-aged man explained, interrupted by the loud pops of gunfire in the vicinity. Immediately the streets scattered and became empty, as if such an evacuation was commonplace and frequent. Even the man he was mid conversation with had disappeared before Noctis had the opportunity to thank him.

Standing up, Noctis navigated his way through the eerily serene looking pathways toward the sounds, vendor's stands still open and running with no one to man them. If there was a crime, perhaps there would be an opportunity to pick up some easy cash, Noctis thought, picking up the pace.

Words:
Doriki: +5 to Strength/Power when using legs, +5 to Speed
Skills:
Gear: Baby Den Den Mushi
Notes: 

Last edited by Noctis on Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

3 Re: Thieves and Killers [Bounty] on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:12 pm

Devroux

Vagabond
Vagabond

Thieves and Killers

Devroux was minding his own business as he was walking through the Ninth District. He had just come out of a pub he had been frequenting lately, as the bartender there made his order to his precise specifications. The sun was still high in the sky, the day barely passing noon. All of the vendor stalls and shops in the district were still running, the streets packed with eager consumers and various businessmen. But even in the hustling, bustling acitivity of the Ninth District, one sound broke through it all and grabbed Devroux's attention away from his content with the current way his life was going.

What grabbed the mink's attention were gun shots. The cracking sounds of bullets cut through the dull roar that made up the murmur of the crowd, having an effect on only one person out of the many that were present. While Devroux's ears perked up upon hearing the sound, the rest of the citizens seemed totally unfazed by the event, continuing their activity without so much as looking up. It was eerie, considering that the Ninth District was supposed to be tame compared to the Nil District, but this seemed bad, which meant that the Nil District must be even worse.

The fact that that type of noise was so normal to these people piqued Devroux's curiosity. He wanted to find the root of the sound and see for himself the kind of things that went on in the Ninth District that made people so jaded to the sound of gunshots. Following the sound as best he could, he ended up on a street where the vibe was vastly different. He hadn't left the Ninth District, but these people were at least turning their attention in a certain direction, meaning that he had to be near the source of the sound. The mink continued to follow the faces of onlookers until he came to the glass doors of a bank. They were tightly sealed, but the glass was clean allowing him to fully see what was inside.

The inside of the bank was definitely the source of the gunshots. There was a man standing over the bloody corpses of former patrons. A gun in his hand, he was pointing at the people behind the counter, no doubt giving directions on how they'd hand the money to him. A dog was off to one side of the room, gnawing on one of the bloody corpses.

There wasn't any real point to get involved, but with all these people watching and the opportunity for a reward from a bank, as long as he didn't die in the process, it might just end up worth it. Devroux stood up straight, made sure his wings were tight against his body, and knocked on the glass door. The man with the gun – as well as everyone else currently alive inside the bank – turned their gaze towards the source of the noise, just to be met with the sight of a smiling bat mink waving to them from the other side of the door.

The man with the gun hesitated for a moment before pointing the barrel of the gun towards Devroux and firing without warning. Seeing the gun being lowered, the mink had barely enough time to dodge to the side and away from the door before the bullets began raining through the glass. This man wasn't here to play games but making it a spectacle would be far more interesting than fighting some psycho and his pet dog seriously. And now that the man had fired at him, the locked doors were no longer keeping him from entering.

Words: 610
Doriki:
Gear: Yoru || Twin Kiridashi || Baby Den Den Mushi
Skills:
Notes:

4 Re: Thieves and Killers [Bounty] on Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:17 am

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Thieves and Killers

Noctis didn't hesitate to bring his speed up to a run when he heard another barrage of gunshots ring out, now much closer. Noctis rounded the corner, where he assumed the gunshots originated, when he was stopped in his tracks by the sight. Devroux, a recent mink companion, stood just to the side of a shattered glass door. Inside the bank was a man with his gun in hand, barrel still smoking from the recent gunfire, and his dog, who didn't pause it's gnawing on the corpse for anything apparently. Not even bullets flying. Several hostages looked on in with a mixture of fear and hope at Devroux's appearance.

"We really aught to stop running into each other like this." Noctis proclaimed, standing just out of sight of the gunman. "If you don't mind, I'd really like to nab this guy. Potential rewards and that, ya know? We could split it, if you want."

Noctis' confidence in his odds one on one with the perp was extremely high, but two on one with Devroux would definitely be overkill. Whether or not there were other robbers out of sight crossed Noctis' mind briefly, but common crooks didn't really pose much threat. Knowing when and where the shots would be fired meant Noctis could dodge the gunfire with ease, but he wasn't sure about his companion. "How did you wanna go at this? Have some fun with it, or strictly business?" Noctis asked, cracking his neck and stretching his arms. "Your call. You were here first, after all." Noctis began to tap his foot, just in case things were going to get hairy.

Words: 279
Skills:
Notes: 

5 Re: Thieves and Killers [Bounty] on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:36 am

Devroux

Vagabond
Vagabond

Thieves and Killers

Devroux had his back to the wall after the gunman inside shattered the glass door, but he was too busy having fun with the idea of fighting a bank robber with a submachine gun to realize the long-legged man, Noctis, come running up. He was slightly spooked when the man called out to him, but he couldn't help but feel even better that Noctis was here to enjoy this with him, though new information was brought to light with him.

The mink wasn't interested in heroics, but the adoration of onlookers was certainly a prize to be won. However, if there were rewards for capturing this man in the bank, then he became quite a bit more interested in taking him down. Public appreciation for stopping a villain and money to boot... He couldn't ask for a better situation to be in, but it didn't make him want to enjoy it any less.

"Let's have a little bit of fun with it," Devroux said, leaping up from his crouched position and drawing Yoru from his back in an instant. Taking a stance before the gunman could fire on him again, the mink launched a wind projectile from the blade of his weapon at the man in the bank, being careful to curb the power and make it smaller, so that it would hit his target and not cause unnecessary damage or harm to anyone around them.

"Come, come!" Devroux called back to Noctis, dashing forward into the bank following in the wake of the wind slash to close in on the man with the submachine gun. Any chance to shut down the effectivity of that weapon was a chance that should be taken.

Words: 283
Doriki:
Gear: Yoru || Twin Kiridashi || Baby Den Den Mushi
Skills:
Notes:

6 Re: Thieves and Killers [Bounty] on Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:36 am

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Thieves and Killers

"Nice." Noctis said both in response to the pair having fun with the criminals, as well as Devroux's wind slash. From what he had seen, his mink friend had pulled his swing, the attack meant to only injure the man and keep the surroundings intact. If this was to be a true spectacle, Noctis would have to be careful not to go to hard on the robber as well.

Neutralizing the weapon was going to be critical, not necessarily for his own safety, but the safety of the hostages that remained. However, things took a turn as Noctis moved into the bank. Noctis observed the gun totting man, and could feel something amiss immediately. The criminal's eyes from beneath the mask mask he wore showed no signs of panic or concern, and they could follow Devroux's movement and attack. Instead of firing off his weapon, the man quickly grabbed one of the hostages sat next to him and hoisted them up in the path of the attack, holding them by the neck in one hand while holding his weapon in the other.

Witnessing this, Noctis had to act. From what he had seen so far, he was the fastest one there, and could reach the man and hostage before the wind slash caused any unnecessary harm. Using his movement technique, Nagare, Noctis rushed forward from a standstill, the sound of wind against his body and the 'pop' of his step filling the bank. With a momentous kick aimed at the masked man's elbow, Noctis forced the man to make a decision, either drop the hostage to avoid the kick, or take the kick head on.

In the split second of thought, the man must have come to a conclusion, opting for self- preservation over results as the hostage fell to the ground. Keeping the momentum from his kick, Noctis grabbed the hostage as she fell, skidding along the ground of the bank before setting the woman down. The wind slash had just barely passed behind him as he moved, kicking up a decent amount of debris even though Devroux had deliberately held back. As Noctis turned back to face the bank robber, he was gone. Or rather, he had moved from his position, having avoided the slash as well. This became clear as soon as the gunshot rang out.

Rather than opting to shoot either Noctis or Devroux, who were here to apprehend him, the man had shot one of the remaining hostages. The muffled cries of distress and grief from those left penetrated Noctis' conscience. He wasn't normally a man acting for justice, but such blatant cruelty directly in his face, as well as Devroux's rubbed him the wrong way. Not only was it a clear attempt at manipulating the emotions of the pair, but it was an enormous lack of respect. No longer content to play around, Noctis' expression turned serious before turning his glance to Devroux.

"Alright, let's put this guy down. I've had about enough of this." Noctis explained, tapping his foot on the ground once more. Then, for the first time, the criminal spoke. "Put me down? Huh, that's funny. You know, you're not the first ones to say something like that. But somehow, every time, we get away. Strange how that works." he responded, pointing the gun at Devroux before firing off another hail of bullets.

Noctis, who had slid a fair distance away with his previous rescue, wasn't able to reach the man before he fired, leaving his mink companion on his own for the moment. Though, Noctis was sure Devroux could handle it. Beyond the attack, something about what the man said struck him as odd. "We..?" The development was huge, but before Noctis could relay the information, he had to make sure Devroux was on the same page. Noctis' guard now up for other potential robbers, he awaited his companion's move.

Words: 658
Skills: Hakai +2
Notes: @Devroux

7 Re: Thieves and Killers [Bounty] on Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:32 pm

Devroux

Vagabond
Vagabond

Thieves and Killers

Devroux could keep an eye on most of what was happening. The only one that seemed to blue within his vision was Noctis, which meant that it was probably a good thing they were currently allied. That speed also seemed to be the saving grace that kept Devroux from becoming a murder in front of a crowd. It was definitely something that he'd have to pay back in the future, but he'd worry about personal debts at a later time. For now, he'd have to avoid another hail of bullets from the lunatic with a submachine gun. He saw the gun being raised but wasn't quick enough on his reactions to dodge the attack completely.

The mink sidestepped behind one of the bank's inner support pillars, letting the bullets crash against the shined marble and split off pieces of the expensive rock. However, while his life was saved, his right wing had lagged behind and taken a few bullet holes to the webbing. The bat mink roared in pain as one of his prized appendages was run through and damaged, but it was one of the reasons he always tucked his wings in before heading in to combat. Not taking the situation seriously and being too willing to fight meant that his wounds were deserved. Luckily, the wings were thin and offered little to no resistance to the bullets. The holes were straight through and given proper care would heal up in no time without any ill effects. Didn't mean that he was going to let them get injured again.

As he had done all his life and as he should have done originally, Devroux pulled in his wings before turning a nod towards his long-legged partner. "You're right. I fucked up and we should end this so I can patch up these holes."

Switching Yoru to his other hand, Devroux pulled out his two kiridashi. He gave another nod towards Noctis, hoping that it was enough of a signal to warn him and get him to watch for an opening. In a quick motion Devroux threw his arm around the pillar, tossing one of the kiridashi from that angle at the man with the gun and pivoting around, jumping off the ground with the assistance of his last good wing and throwing the other kiridashi from a higher angle before disappearing behind another pillar to stay out of sight before he received another helping of lead.

With hostages still in the room, all he could do was hope that he was able to give Noctis enough time to wrench the gun from the man. The next process should probably be to remove as many of the survivors as they could before the gunman got too excited.

Words: 457
Doriki:
Gear: Yoru || Twin Kiridashi || Bart's Axe || Baby Den Den Mushi
Skills:
Notes:

8 Re: Thieves and Killers [Bounty] on Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:49 pm

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Thieves and Killers

Noctis was on alert, keeping a careful eye on the situation. It was likely that there were more than one robber in the bank or nearby, but Noctis couldn't identify them. All he could see was the hostages, the wounded Devroux, and the gunman. Devroux nodding towards him, the air between the two became much more focused. With the time for games over and done, Noctis waited for an opening, tapping his foot on the ground both in preparation, and to distract the gunman, even if for a second. It was an absolute priority to get rid of the man's weapon, which had already caused enough damage.

Devroux made the first move, a blade whistling from the side as he moved up into the air sending a second blade from above. Noctis' eyes were focused on the target and his actions, however subtle they may be. Once more, the man's eyes seemed to follow the attack with relative ease, as he began to shift out of the way ever so slightly. Yet, with the man's attentions now locked onto the thrown weapons, Noctis moved to disarm. Once again from his position, Noctis pressed off the ground using Nagare, another pop followed by the sound of wind filling the bank. Rushing towards the distracted robber, Noctis used his speed to finally unleash his built up attack, Hakai.

"Shit, god dammi-", Sending his foot straight into the man's arm, Noctis felt a familiar crunch as he made impact, the gunman's elbow shattering into his side, bruising his ribs and flying into the side of the building. The gun clattering onto the floor, Noctis slid to a halt, successful, before he felt an impact himself. Something furry came across his face, sending him into a bit of a daze. Recoiling back a few steps, Noctis clutched his cheek as his vision came back into focus. An imposing, hairy beast stood in front of him, claws extending from it's hands and feat, it's dog like face bearing it's teeth for all to see. Then, surprising Noctis, it spoke. "Idiot, get up. You know I hate when you pull this shit, Aiko."

"Damn Aido, can't you let a man deal with his fucking broken arm in peace?" argued Aiko, who pulled himself off the ground reluctantly, groaning. It was becoming clear that the pair were rapidly becoming impatient. The longer they stuck around and fought, the more likely it would be that they'd get caught. This stress showed on both of their faces, even through Aido's beastly visage. Luckily, this meant their attentions were now locked on Noctis and Devroux, instead of the hostages. Sensing the opportunity, Noctis opened his arms out wide as if to challenge them. "Come on then, looks like we're not the only ones done playing games. There's only one way out of here for you, and that's through me and my partner here."

From the brief exchange, Noctis felt comfortable that he could take on both of them with Devroux's help. By boasting and bravado, Noctis sought to reclaim both Devroux's original goal of a spectacle worth rewarding, as well as firmly cement the criminal's attentions on himself. Noctis shot the robbers a large grin that reeked of not only confidence, but sadism as well. He would take everything from them here, and gain everything he had come for. Truly a selfish hero for all intents and purposes, he would take down both thieves and killers, for a price. "Ready for this, Devroux?" Noctis asked, now prepared for him to act as a distraction for his mink companion to strike.

Rushing forward towards the dogbeast, Noctis used Nagare to close the distance in a blur, swinging his leg down at Aido's ankles as he passed, a blade of sharp wind around Noctis' foot aiming to slice through cleanly. Sliding through, Noctis redirected himself to send a second kick this time aimed at the nearby Aido. Building his speed to the max as he moved, Noctis began to alternate quick, light strikes at the pair, almost seeking to become like an annoying gnat one can't seem to get rid of.

Words: 700
Skills: Nagare x2, Hakai +3 [Used], Kamikiri 

9 Re: Thieves and Killers [Bounty] on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:14 am

Devroux

Vagabond
Vagabond

Thieves and Killers

The kiridashi hadn't landed on their mark, which was regrettable, but the true intent of throwing them was to give Noctis the opening he needed to truly make use of his speed; and all had gone according to plan in that respect. In a sudden burst of speed, the long-legged man was able to send the gunmen careening into the far wall with a broken arm, forcing him to drop the submachine gun in the process. However, this left Noctis momentarily open after the victory to receive a punch from the arm of a beast closely resembling a werewolf. The idea of an anthropomorphic animal wasn't a non-option according to Devroux who was a mink himself, but what was surprising was that the man had appeared out of seemingly nowhere.

Both of the men that Devroux and Noctis were setting themselves apart from normal people with every second the battle continued on. The man in the wall, now known as Aiko, had received a kick that would have killed a normal man and was acting mostly unfazed by the fact he had a broken arm. Aido, the dog-man, was quicker on his feet than his partner and had made use of Noctis' momentary pause to take the upper hand, showing his quick wit in the process.

But even then, Noctis had presented speed superior to both of them. Processing the information presented to him, Devroux quickly understood that with his partner's speed, they'd be able to come out with a handy lead. This didn't make him unfurl his wings just yet though, as he was still a bit furious that they had taken damage already.

Devroux watched as Noctis sped forward towards both opponent's, planning to take both of their attention through use of his speed alone. He initially sent a wind-encased kick towards Aido's ankles, but the dog man had barely been able to throw himself backwards and bring his legs up off the ground enough to dodge it. He carried momentum with a kick towards Aiko, who had only been able to raise his arms in reaction to the long-legged man's sudden disappearance. It was more like a flinch than a block, but with the one arm that was still good he managed to take off the momentum of the kick just enough that they resulted in a stalemate in power.

While Noctis began alternating attacks towards both of them, Devroux took his chance to move out from behind the pillar. As he closed in on his opponents he switched the grip of Yoru back to his right, dominant hand and slashed at the gun on the ground, slicing it in half and making it a non-worry. When he got within range of Aido, Devroux re-gripped his sword and thrust it forward with his full weight, aiming to pierce Yoru straight through the beastman's torso. Regardless of whether or not his strike landed, wind following it would pierce forward after it, though with reduced piercing potential and power.

At this current junction, the mink decided that injuring Aido would be for the best. With Aiko already injured, they could reduce their attack power greatly by injuring the other.

Words: 530
Doriki:
Skills:
Notes:

10 Re: Thieves and Killers [Bounty] on Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:25 am

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Thieves and Killers

As Noctis continued his barrage of alternating strikes, he occasionally shot a glance at Devroux's actions in order to adjust his movements to allow for an opening. Just as Noctis moved in front of the beastly Aido, obscuring the thief's vision with his cloak, Noctis sent a swift kick into the back of their knee, not enough to injure, but enough to cause Aido to stumble down for an instant. In that moment, Devroux with Yoru rushed forward, sending a full power thrust straight into the dogbeast's chest, a force of air and blood erupting through the hairy back of the Zoan. It was a grievous wound, only possible due to teamwork and superior physical ability, but it was devastating regardless, as the monstrous visage began to fade from Aido, who slowly returned to that of a regular human, albeit now with a severe chest wound.

While it was an injury that would prove fatal for the average person, Aiko and Aido were no average people. Yet, it was enough to permanently take Aido out of the fight, as they clutched their chest and fell to their knees. It has missed the most critical areas, the lungs and the heart, but that was only thanks to Devroux's discerning eye.

"You... MOTHERFUCKER!" Aiko roared, ignoring Noctis to recklessly rush at the man who had seemly taken out his partner. Raising their head just for a moment out of concern, Aido pleaded with Aiko, "Idiot... Stop..." But it was too late. With a swift full force swing down, Noctis struck Aiko directly on the back of the head as he passed by, causing the enraged bank robber to fall face first unconscious onto the floor. Defeated, Aido's head sunk once more as Noctis walked to the hostages that remained, carefully untying the rope that bound them.

"Sorry about the fuss. We're just glad you all held out as long as you did." Noctis comforted. It might have been somewhat disingenuous, but by praising them and empathizing with their plight, both he and Devroux's image and reputation were sure to benefit. It wasn't a total lie either, if they had come any later, it's likely the scene would be a tragedy and the pair would have nothing to show for it.

Tossing his mink partner a bundle of rope, Noctis leaned down to securely tie down the unconscious Aiko before tossing the man onto his shoulder. Aido was silent, though that was understandable. There's not much to say in a scenario like this. All they could do was accept their loss. Just as Noctis was about to exit the bank, he turned to Devroux. "Do you know where we're taking these guys?"

Words: 457
Skills:

11 Re: Thieves and Killers [Bounty] on Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:07 am

Devroux

Vagabond
Vagabond

Thieves and Killers

Devroux's strike landed, taking down Aido in a somewhat gruesome manner, but getting the job done nonetheless. Fortunately, the strike aslo granted and opportunity for Noctis to take out Aiko just as easily, though in a much less gruesome manner. With the two targets now lying on the floor, Devroux slashed at the air to clean off Aido's blood from Yoru and sheathed his blade as Noctis moved over to untie the hostages. He didn't care to untie them as long as they took note of his actions and could show appreciation in the future. Gaining favor of the locals might prove valuable in the future, after all.

Noctis tossed the mink a length of rope, which Devroux happily used to tie up the emotionally sedated Aido. He didn't put up much of a fuss and out of the kindness of his heart – and understanding of such a deep wound – Devroux covered the chest wound with Aido's own shirt and tied it under the rope. By the words of Noctis, these two were worth some money, so as long as they could be delivered alive, that's all the medical assistance that'd be needed.

All was well, save for the wounded wings, until Noctis decided to ask where they were supposed to deliver their captives. The only reason they were still alive was because Noctis said they had a bounty yet didn't know where to turn them in for payment. It wasn't something Devroux came thinking about and it wasn't something he could possibly answer because of it. Though, if they needed an answer, asking around was an easy enough solution.

Spreading his arms, Devroux gestured to get the attention of the hostages that now literally owed them their lives. "Does anyone know where we can turn these guys in?"

Only one of the hostages stepped forward to address the mink's question. The fear on the young man's face was evident and having to speak to a creature that more resembled a demon than a bat or a man was hard, especially after the trauma Aiko and Aido had put them through. Yet, in the face of adversity, trying to repay his saviors was enough to help the young man speak up.

"They're criminals, so all you n-need to do is take them to the marines. I'm pretty sure there are some stationed at the edge of the Seventh District right now." He stuttered only once, though the fear was still obvious. It was, however, enough information to go off of.

"Thank you, boy," Devroux responded. He turned his attention towards Noctis and gestured back at the boy. "Did you hear that, my friend?"

Words: 443
Doriki:
Skills:
Notes: @Noctis

12 Re: Thieves and Killers [Bounty] on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:41 am

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Thieves and Killers

"Yessir. Shouldn't be too far from here, either." Noctis replied, jostling Aiko a bit to position him more comfortably on Noctis' shoulder.

While Aiko was out cold, Aido was perhaps damaged mentally more than physically, as was entirely silent as Noctis took his leave out of the bank, waving to the employees within as he hunched through the shattered glass door frame. Noctis snickered a bit at the well-placed fear that those inside the bank had for Devroux, though to Noctis he was only a friend. Looking at the streets outside the bank, Noctis quickly determined that the Seventh District was just west of their location, bordering the Ninth and Eighth Districts. Waiting a moment for his companion to also exit the bank, Noctis proceeded along the sidewalk with his bounty hoisted atop him.

The pair caught more than their fair share of concerned or confused looks, but none stopped to question them, likely intimidated by Devroux's appearance just as the hostages were. "One of the few perks of looking like a demon." Noctis joked, chuckling a bit as the pair approached the Seventh District. The district itself looked relatively tame in comparison to it's reputation for making weapons. Forges dotted the sector liberally and were separated by middle class urban housing. Several off duty marines could be spotted walking around enjoying their free time and doing their best not to address Noctis or Devroux in any way, eager to avoid more potential work.

As the pair walked the border of the district, Noctis spotted an outpost teeming with marines who seemed to be overly busy with whatever duties the marines placed upon themselves on this island of criminals. Slowly and carefully, Noctis placed Aiko on the ground and got the attention of the man in charge, or rather, the man who was yelling the most orders. "Excuse me, we're here to bring in some robbers. Uh... Aiko and Aido I think their name was." Noctis explained, looking over to Devroux for validation that he hadn't gotten their names wrong.

"Uh huh. Bring 'em here. I'll get someone to check it out.... HEY SMITHENSON. GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE AND HELP THESE GUYS OUT WILLYA?!"
the burly and loud Marine demanded, promptly going back to his standard duties of being burly and loud. A rather meek and timid looking marine quickly scurried up to the pair, looking the tied up Aiko and Aido and comparing it to the posters he had on hand. After a few moments of preliminary examination, he handed both Noctis and Devroux a slip for compensation, the value of the two bounties split evenly between them. Content with the outcome, Noctis took his reward to be exchanged for hard beli. All in an honest day's work.

[Exit]

Words: 467
Skills:

13 Re: Thieves and Killers [Bounty] on Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:31 am

Devroux

Vagabond
Vagabond

Thieves and Killers

Noctis was much more polite than Devroux was, offering to carry Aiko to their destination than the alternative route that the mink chose. Aido was mentally handicapped by the wound he had received and how easily he, an infamous bank robber throughout the districts of Baltigo, had been taken down by a long-legged freak and an animal. Acting on this, Devroux didn't even want to give him the dignity of allowing him to walk, and so opted to simply drag him by the excess rope he was tied up with. With a quick tug, Devroux followed Noctis out of the bank and in the direction of the Seventh District.

When they had arrived, the town was still bustling. With the sun high in the sky and the day still ripe, business was booming for the district built by craftsmen. It was only natural that a marine unit choosing to stop at Baltigo would pick the Seventh District to dock at. With an island covered in criminal activity, a district built on supplying their needs was strategically the best option, yet also the safest. All the two had to do now was find the dock and they'd find the ship where they could drop Aiko and Aido for their rewards.

The marine that ended up dealing with their request was far too loud for Devroux's taste, who now chose to remain quiet with the fun of catching the bounties out of the way. The marine, as loud as he was, still managed to find them someone to issue vouchers for the completed bounties. Ironically, in order to use these vouchers, they'd have to find a bank capable of paying out of the World Government's funds. That was, however, simple enough. Even on Baltigo, every other bank could do such a thing.

[EXIT]

Words: 300
Doriki:
Skills:
Notes:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum